The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase, April 3rd 2015"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This scares me...

I thought that you (ZOS) would focus on more important stuff for the crown store.. You should seriously rush things like DLC's, extra character slots, inventory/bank space, name change, race change, faction change, barber shop etc. I expected it to be there at the launch of TU.

I am not sure why anyone would think that.

We know that new DLC will be on hold until after console. Aside from that, what we have is exactly what they have been talking about for the Crown store. Consumables, Costumes, Mounts, and Pets.

To date, I have not seen them utter a single word, or write a single line of text, that suggests that they have more than that planned for the Crown Store. I do admit I pay little attention to the Crown Store plans.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 3, 2015 9:26PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    Good to see they got their priorities straight.

Fix total dark.
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    wtb wolf mount/husky pet! :)
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvP player these are useless for me since we cannot have them out in Cyrodiil. So i'll request more costumes please.
    Edited by Orchish on April 3, 2015 11:58PM
  • luciole78
    luciole78
    Soul Shriven
    I know , for myself I want five kittens fallowing me around. Not one , not two , but 5 ok hahaha ;)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This being the first official thread about new crown store items I would like to leave this here.

More Character slots please.

That is all...
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed.
    But frankly I am not really surprised... this is exactly what I was expecting after the Clown Store introduction and the shift of interest towards console only.
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    v14 templates. I know the purists will complain about templates but I have enough characters in the works. I'd just like to buy one or two that are already assembled out of the box. Full skill unlocks would be a plus, they don't have to be leveled or morphed.
    This would ruin ESO completely. This isn't World of Warcraft you know...
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had pets...pets for the beta....pets for launch....pets for being here....even purchased a Bantam Guar from the store.

But now that they are store items I figure they should work. They don't. They're constantly vanishing, can't keep up, can't swim, can't...I dunno. Oh and they hate, hate, hate Cyrodiil.

They don't work. A pet that vanishes constantly is broken. And broken things may be okay for give away items, but not items that are offered for sale.

And I agree that I'm a bit surprised that more items of consequence - practical, not tactical consequence - are not offered. Folks have covered most of them.

Me, I'd also purchase Classic Redguard Light if offered in pieces and dyeable. You already have it. What you don't have is more than the one costume slot that covers every slot. They'll require mirrors of the the "armor" slots for cosmetic items.

Multiples of those cosmetic slot schemes, each hotkey selectable, could be sold without the terror of pay to win. And they'd be popular.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had pets...pets for the beta....pets for launch....pets for being here....even purchased a Bantam Guar from the store.

But now that they are store items I figure they should work. They don't. They're constantly vanishing, can't keep up, can't swim, can't...I dunno. Oh and they hate, hate, hate Cyrodiil.

They don't work. A pet that vanishes constantly is broken. And broken things may be okay for give away items, but not items that are offered for sale.

And I agree that I'm a bit surprised that more items of consequence - practical, not tactical consequence - are not offered. Folks have covered most of them.

Me, I'd also purchase Classic Redguard Light if offered in pieces and dyeable. You already have it. What you don't have is more than the one costume slot that covers every slot. They'll require mirrors of the the "armor" slots for cosmetic items.

Multiples of those cosmetic slot schemes, each hotkey selectable, could be sold without the terror of pay to win. And they'd be popular.

Tbh, a lot of the stuff like more character slots,barbershop, or dyable costumes are way to advance to put into the crown store as of now. While pets, consumables, mounts, and undyable costumes are easy to make. There are going to be plenty of these before something practical will be put into the store. It just make since right now.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    I love these pets, the dogs are cute.

But my big thing is, seeing how limited our collection space is, now I have to be picky, very picky about what I have.

I will have to wait and see when my monthly crown allowance kicks in as well as I do not intend to drop my subscription just yet.

Crown Store Ideas, MORE Collection spaces!

Also, I like the idea of having a way to go back in and alter how the character looks, cosmetic stuff.

But definitely will need more Collection slots.

OH but YES , please FIX THE PETS BUG, sometimes there, sometimes not. I have just pretended that they aren't as faithful as I would wish. They worked great before 1.6.5.
    Edited by OMA on April 4, 2015 2:14AM
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    Xp potions please :)
  • Srithla
    Srithla
    ✭✭
    I'm not quite clear on what you mean by limits on collection slots. I haven't seen any, but maybe you're talking about something different. Could you elaborate or point to the limits?
  • Mrchavoda
    Mrchavoda
    I'm sure you will sell a few of these pets to some players but wont be making any money of me with it lol,
    Got a few costume sets and finally the imperial upgrade and there's simply nothing interesting about the other stuff.

Like some said, what you need to add are character / account services. random skins of dogs and other vanity pets wont make many spent their money on this game.

A 64bit client , performance and stability patches / fixes are a must do also, as it is I'm enjoying the game but would never advice anyone to spent the ridicules high amount of $60+ on a game that crashes so often, has such poor performance and lacks all basic account/character services that are standard in mmo's these days.

Hell I only spent $50 this month to show support in the hopes the game i brought a year ago will become something of a finished product ...im totaly happy to free leech the next year tho.. plenty of other stuff i can spent my money on.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    All mounted up and no where to go. :(
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reyhyn wrote: »
    no new DLC? ok i'm gonna cancel my sub right now.

No new major content for many months post console launch. ZOS confirmed a bit ago that content will be slowing down / near-halting due to console release / focusing on consoles more now.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reyhyn wrote: »
    Eekshnerf wrote: »
    The complaining never ends, does it? Personally these news dogs look swell, and someone on the forums just said the other day how much they wanted a banekin pet, so they'll be happy

Yeah they'll be happy, but i'm not. i have 1900 crowns to spend... nothin.
    I'm not pet person (in game)
    I have Senche and Guar mounts so i dont want new one.
    I play since beta, so yeah i think i have rights to complaining about that.

nah dude we couldnt possibly have a single valid complaint. we gotta be just trolling! or is zos trolling us at this point?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Months to wait for new content or systems yet monthly updates to the Crown Store?

I really wish I had been wrong about what ZOS's priorities would be after the B2P transition. Looks like I was't.

Poor show, ZOS, very poor show.
  • HPeter
    HPeter
    Soul Shriven
    More dogs, but no new cats? Guys, its wrong.
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    InGame barber please!
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • wolfaust
    wolfaust
    ✭✭✭
    What about dragons? :open_mouth:
  • andraq
    andraq
    Soul Shriven
    I'm hoping for an active pet system instead of just vanity like other MMO's have, where you have combat pets you raise to become useful in battle. Obviously PvE only but I miss having a wolf helping me out in battle as I did in AoC, Neverwinter etc

I usually play a ranger character so having something like a wolf instead of my current volatile familiar for an aggression puller fits much better, particularly if it was something you could train in a certain way to help you, that would definitely add to the enjoyment of longterm playing which I had from the other games.
    "For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" – Rudyard Kipling
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »
    More mounts please

There are mounts coming, be patient. Even League doesn't get a DLC or skin update every other week.
    CodexMMO wrote: »
    I wish we could hover the UI crosshairs over a person's pet to show the name of it at the top of the screen (like when pointing at a player or NPC). Granted there are not many yet, but soon there will be.

This should be a thing! (and if someone has a pet in PvP, could we kill it?)

Someone posted this. Will repost:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2x8q85/data_mining_new_motifs_new_zones_and_new/

Look through and take note of all that they are working on.

Also

Pets are supposed to behave like all other npc followers, you put too much expectation on them. Also it isn't a very good idea to have a pet in Cyrodiil anyways, so good luck with that.

The idea of multiple cosmetic slot schemes (where you pick and chose the pieces of cosmetic slots) is brilliant, will make us more unique. (not sarcastic)

Edited by Gan Xing on April 4, 2015 8:54AM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • dogmaticus83
    dogmaticus83
    ✭✭
    Before I write about pets, I just wanted to say that it's good to be back to ESO :smile: . Tamriel Unlimited done as B2P game is just great! :smile:

But now back to business, so to speak.. I do like the idea of the new pets, and especially dogs. HOWEVER I would like to suggest a brand new pet... a dog... that I can't find in any of the games, and I would buy instantly... I admit that most adventurers might not think of it as a good adventuring companion, but... it's the most awesome creature I ever befriended, so would love to have it in the game as well... the FRENCH BULDOG!!! :smiley: That would be awesome... just sayin'... :blush:
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    All left for me is the wolf pet! Please add ASAP!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about Cyrodill lag-reducer potions.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    This scares me...

I thought that you (ZOS) would focus on more important stuff for the crown store.. You should seriously rush things like DLC's, extra character slots, inventory/bank space, name change, race change, faction change, barber shop etc. I expected it to be there at the launch of TU.

In my imagination, those will earn you tons of money.

If people aint tired of pets yet, they will eventually.. Personally I bought pets/mounts only because you had nothing else to offer me, and I wont purchase more of them.

Please, I am willing to spend a lot of money, but not on pets......

I'm pretty patient... but..

It hasn't even been 3 weeks man. Relax.
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they will be releasing the stuff most of us want like the extra character slots/inventory space/cosmetic character changes/etc. as we get close to console release. This way they have all this new fresh stuff out for the console players to spend their money to their liking as well. Makes sense. The pets are like appetizers? =)
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    luciole78 wrote: »
    I know , for myself I want five kittens fallowing me around. Not one , not two , but 5 ok hahaha ;)

Why not 6?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Very tempted with some of those Daedra.

BTW is there any news as to when the Palomino horse will be coming to the store? It was mentioned in another thread (quote below) that it would come over to the store which is why I held off an on buying it.
    Yes, the palomino horse will be available in the Crown Store for purchase.
    From this thread.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."