The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should I forget about toons located in Rawlkha?

Leggi
Leggi
✭✭✭
I have some toons located in Rawlkha and I simply can't load them. All I see is almost infinite loading screen and *#%^$&*@ error "1".
It happens for the whole week.
Will it be hot-fixed already or not?

The game turned to a disaster after Tampiel Unlimited was published.
  • Leggi
    Leggi
    ✭✭✭
    Al last I could move two toons back to Auridon.
    Third is still unaccessible.
  • dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I has the same issue, and simply moved my toon stationed there to Velyn Harbor (in Malabal Tor) for the time being.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submit a ticket and ask them to move your character. Rawl is overloaded to say the least. That is my main base for one of my characters and man it takes forever to load in there.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    locate folder \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (or liveeu for EU server)
    rename file usersettings.txt into something else like usersettings1.txt
    delete file ShaderCache.cooked (or ShaderCache).
    Try to load again.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't even load into there just to shop. Too many people there, across multiple instances, many spamming abilities. Try during off peak hours to rescue your characters.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Leggi,

Lowering your visual settings at the login menu will help you load into crowded areas more successfully. If you're experiencing error <<1>< consistently, we suggest running the steps in this knowledge base article.

If neither of these steps help, please contact Customer Support. They can move your characters to a less populated area so you can continue to play.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have gotten the <<1>> error three times in a row now trying to log into Rawl'kha Vet level. Still trying to get logged on as she is my crafter. This is just unacceptable.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue last night. Two toons parked at the Rock. One I could log into just fine, one took 4 attempts but she loaded up. I logged into her just fine this morning.

Now, one thing about my character, I had let her time out last night rather than exit out the game, so I thought the issue could be related to that. Considering my other character in that zone loaded right up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet Rawl is no where near as busy as regular Rawl so they can't blame the log in issues on the amount of players that are in that zone. After five attempts I did manage to log into Vet Rawl.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    Vet Rawl is no where near as busy as regular Rawl so they can't blame the log in issues on the amount of players that are in that zone. After five attempts I did manage to log into Vet Rawl.
    Well, if their server tech uses the same server for all variants/phases of a location then ... who knows.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Leggi,

Lowering your visual settings at the login menu will help you load into crowded areas more successfully. If you're experiencing error <<1>< consistently, we suggest running the steps in this knowledge base article.

If neither of these steps help, please contact Customer Support. They can move your characters to a less populated area so you can continue to play.

Hello @ZOS_GaryA,

From what I've experienced in the game this issue is occurring a lot more ever since 1.6 was implemented. At random times trying to wayshrine to Rawlkha on the NA server I will get the <1> crash. I find that if I port from another area directly into Rawlkha I usually get that error at peak times 6-9 PM MST. I DO NOT have to do any of the steps you listed above to resolve the issue. I log back in, port to any other wayshrine in Reapers other than Rawlkha and those work just fine. Then I am able to port into Rawlkha usually with no issues at all. The error mainly occurs at an initial logon to a populated area or going from zone to zone into a heavily populated area.

This issue has to be due to the small layout of the city of Rawlkha. Elden Root is just as heavily populated yet I never have any issues there. Just like Cyrodil with large groups of people in a keep they get lag city. The game design just isn't able to handle that many people in such a small area.

Hopefully at some point someone will go through all of the game code and remove all of the unused or duplicate coding that's been put in as these all contribute to CPU/GPU usage. For example, there is duplicate layers of graphics that are in the actual game today. These are causing issues and will until they are removed. There's a thread in the General section that shows screen prints of these.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Hopefully at some point someone will go through all of the game code and remove all of the unused or duplicate coding that's been put in as these all contribute to CPU/GPU usage. For example, there is duplicate layers of graphics that are in the actual game today. These are causing issues and will until they are removed. There's a thread in the General section that shows screen prints of these.
    ZOS know, they've posted in it that the screenies are helpful, why mention it in this thread?

The Error <<1>> is a SERVER CONNECTION PROBLEM, it has NOTHING to do with client-side performance AT ALL!
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 2, 2015 6:51AM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had two characters in Rawlkha that wouldn't load like this (Error <<1>>). Got them out during low population hours (took several tries) and haven't been back to Rawlkha since.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS know, they've posted in it that the screenies are helpful, why mention it in this thread?

The Error <<1>> is a SERVER CONNECTION PROBLEM, it has NOTHING to do with client-side performance AT ALL!

So why is the only time this error pops up for me when I try to port into Rawl from any other zone in the game? My internet connection didn't drop. I was already logged into the game fine with no errors. What would cause this connection issue to mysteriously pop up? My internet provider hasn't changed. I NEVER had this problem EVER prior to 1.6 being implemented. From others posting the same error code now more than every after 1.6, coincidence? I think not....There's a problem within the game code/launcher someplace that's causing these errors to randomly occur. It has NOTHING to do with your ISP.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I first noticed the issue after 2.0.1 dropped. I've gotten into reapears march once since then.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had the <<1>> error many times last night trying to get my vet character in there. Finally gave up. It's upsetting because I have another character I am leveling in the AD so I am dreading when I get to Reapers March and have to be in Rawl. Something needs to be done with the major cities. All of the major cities in EP, DC and AD in the upper 40 levels are this way.
    Edited by Seravi on April 3, 2015 10:58AM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had the <<1>> error many times last night trying to get my vet character in there. Finally gave up. It's upsetting because I have another character I am leveling in the AD so I am dreading when I get to Reapers March and have to be in Rawl. Something needs to be done with the major cities. All of the major cities in EP, DC and AD in the upper 40 levels are this way.

Try this. Whenn going to Rawlkha from another zone, port into ANY other wayshrine in Reapers March. After you make it there give it about 15-30 seconds and then port to Rawlkha. From my experience in doing this is works 98% of the time and has reduced my <1> errors to maybe 1 per night. You could use this approach for all other major cities as well.

I think the server has a problem with these transitions from other zones to highly populated condensed cities and they time out. Which is why the work around doesn't have a problem. So far I have only encountered the issue with Rawlkha and no other major city yet. The close proximity of everything in Rawlkha bringing the players closer together could be the cause of this as Elden Root, Skywatch and Vulkel Guard are all about the same size population wise but are bigger cities so people are more spread out.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_PaulSage,

Maybe you could move the locations of the Guild Traders in Rawlkha away from the Wayshrine to resolve this <1> error when entering that city from another zone. The concentration of players right at the wayshrine vendors could be causing server time outs kicking people from the game.

The Guild vendors could be moved over by the fighters guild area and spread out towards the mages guild. Anything to help the players spread out away from the wayshrine could help. Or if it would be easier to move the wayshrine instead of the guild vendors that would work too. There are a lot of places where it could be placed away from the guild traders.

Thank you for your time.
    Edited by Robbmrp on April 3, 2015 5:04PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try this. Whenn going to Rawlkha from another zone, port into ANY other wayshrine in Reapers March. After you make it there give it about 15-30 seconds and then port to Rawlkha. From my experience in doing this is works 98% of the time and has reduced my <1> errors to maybe 1 per night. You could use this approach for all other major cities as well.

I think the server has a problem with these transitions from other zones to highly populated condensed cities and they time out. Which is why the work around doesn't have a problem. So far I have only encountered the issue with Rawlkha and no other major city yet. The close proximity of everything in Rawlkha bringing the players closer together could be the cause of this as Elden Root, Skywatch and Vulkel Guard are all about the same size population wise but are bigger cities so people are more spread out.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_PaulSage,

Maybe you could move the locations of the Guild Traders in Rawlkha away from the Wayshrine to resolve this <1> error when entering that city from another zone. The concentration of players right at the wayshrine vendors could be causing server time outs kicking people from the game.

The Guild vendors could be moved over by the fighters guild area and spread out towards the mages guild. Anything to help the players spread out away from the wayshrine could help.

Thank you for your time.
    I think they might also move the wayshrine across the bridge to just outside the city limits.
    Edited by driosketch on April 3, 2015 5:59PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I they might also move the wayshrine across the bridge to just outside the city limits.

Yeah, anything would help to spread out the players away from the wayshrine.
    NA Server - Kildair