Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CYRODIL QUEUE (Thornblade EU)

• DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Legedric wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Try other campaigns than thorn while you're waiting, most, if not all, are high pop/locked on prime time so they are good fun too, and their queues are a lot smaller

Well but you want to PvP in a team you know, your buddies, right?

Of course you can go on Chillrend and queue up for Thornblade but you are not contributing to your campaign, to your emperor rank and most important: You are not playing with your buddies or just a hand full when the majority of your guild is having fun on Thornblade.

Exactly this and not even mentioning that you need to bring everyone from guild over and you will be an unknown guild on other campaigns.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, my guild has often avoided Thornblade to avoid lags and queues, but other campaigns like Chillrend and Haderus are too one-sided... Chillrend is either yellow or blue dominated and Haderus has 500 smurfs gatecamping, my guild has been mostly on Chilrend and Haderus the past 3 months, but I no longer enjoy those campaigns, nothing but emperor trading, and vague attempts of turning it into buff campaigns again, everyday when you log, those campaigns are either 100% blue or yelloe. It's pointless.

Thornblade is competitive and has great PvP (when not lagging). And during the early/late hours of the day there is still PvP to be found, unlike the other short duration campaigns.

Don't tell me to go to other campaigns. Just stop. Just shut up.

ZoS needs to fix queues.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The queue length has been getting discussed internally for both the US and the EU.

its good man, its good... let more ppl in, lets make TB real LAGBLADE - way to go. U r unable to fix the lag and u worry about some queue crybabys...is this a joke or i m just gettin it wrong? U shld maybe priotize things better, if we ll still play in this lag, nobody will bother to go TB anyways and u ll not have to worry about queue.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    The queue length has been getting discussed internally for both the US and the EU.

its good man, its good... let more ppl in, lets make TB real LAGBLADE - way to go. U r unable to fix the lag and u worry about some queue crybabys...is this a joke or i m just gettin it wrong? U shld maybe priotize things better, if we ll still play in this lag, nobody will bother to go TB anyways and u ll not have to worry about queue.

Well, in my opinion we "queue crybabies" as you call us weigh heavier than the "lag crybabies" (I conside myself as both tbh :P).

Reason?
    An extremely long queue is blocking you from PvP completely when your faction is having only full campaigns. But lag can at least be avoided when you decide to take your group to a "backyard keep" for example or just by not following the crowd.

In addition we all now that raising pop caps won't solve anything so this is not considered as an option until the lag problem isn't resolved.

But I don't want this to be a competition between what's more broken and what needs to be fixed first. Cyrodiil is facing many problems nowadays and there is no doubt that both, lag and extreme queues are the most annoying ones.
    Edited by Legedric on April 1, 2015 10:06AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try other campaigns than thorn while you're waiting, most, if not all, are high pop/locked on prime time so they are good fun too, and their queues are a lot smaller

Well but you want to PvP in a team you know, your buddies, right?

Of course you can go on Chillrend and queue up for Thornblade but you are not contributing to your campaign, to your emperor rank and most important: You are not playing with your buddies or just a hand full when the majority of your guild is having fun on Thornblade.

Trust me I know, i've been unable to play with my guild group for the past 2 weeks
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, my guild has often avoided Thornblade to avoid lags and queues, but other campaigns like Chillrend and Haderus are too one-sided... Chillrend is either yellow or blue dominated and Haderus has 500 smurfs gatecamping, my guild has been mostly on Chilrend and Haderus the past 3 months, but I no longer enjoy those campaigns, nothing but emperor trading, and vague attempts of turning it into buff campaigns again, everyday when you log, those campaigns are either 100% blue or yelloe. It's pointless.

Thornblade is competitive and has great PvP (when not lagging). And during the early/late hours of the day there is still PvP to be found, unlike the other short duration campaigns.

ZoS needs to fix queues.

While I share much of the sentiment, what exactly is your proposal of "fixing queues"? The only option I see is increasing population which will make it even more laggy.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161703/to-zos-some-simple-fixes-for-vr-leveling-and-ridiculous-queue-length-in-cyrodiil-since-2-0-2

TLDR:
    Make PvE worth it XP wise and many people being in Cyrodiil for XP (delves, quests etc.) will leave again, just like it was way better (queue wise) before 2.0.2.
    Edited by Legedric on April 1, 2015 10:41AM

• Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it something along the lines of "we can't be arsed doing anything so we're going back to working on Imperial city for the console release"?

Not sure what level of internal discussion is required for adding another campaign or two other than convincing the higher ups that it would be in their best financial interest to do so.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161703/to-zos-some-simple-fixes-for-vr-leveling-and-ridiculous-queue-length-in-cyrodiil-since-2-0-2

TLDR:
    Make PvE worth it XP wise and many people being in Cyrodiil for XP (delves, quests etc.) will leave again, just like it was way better (queue wise) before 2.0.2.

PvE is already worth it exp wise, you can grind outside of cyrodil. Quests in Cyro are not an effective way of grinding. Also, people that are in the delves don't count towards the actual population count, so they don't block the queues. The new queues is basically the influx of players from B2P that are starting to PvP, added to the old players coming back. It has nothing to do with PvErs
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS needs to fix queues.

While I share much of the sentiment, what exactly is your proposal of "fixing queues"? The only option I see is increasing population which will make it even more laggy.

More campaigns, or just add more objectives on the map to spread players out, instead of just zerging between imperial keeps all day long. If they manage to spread players more across the map, therefor less lag, and then they can start by increasing population.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on April 1, 2015 4:21PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZoS needs to fix queues.

More campaigns, or just add more objectives on the map to spread players out, instead of just zerging between imperial keeps all day long. If they manage to spread players more across the map, therefor less lag, and then they can start by increasing population.

You're contradicting yourself:
    "More campaigns"
    "Don't tell me to go to other campaigns. Just stop. Just shut up."

People always want to play in the popular campaign. It's how it is.

More objectives would be nice, but ofc that takes plenty of time to implement.

Now how about, bringing back the forward camps with the modifications that have been proposed 100s of times? :tongue:

People go to farm a resource and they drag people away from zerging the same keep. It used to work you know.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wheels ! Y U NO CONTROL ZOS ?

Maek dem do wat u say !
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently 360 queue for EP tonight, LOL!
    :]
  • yamadas
    yamadas
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf 312 queue in torn. Is this i joke for April Fool day or what?
    Yamadas
    Dk is Master of Shame // AR 50 (no more)
    Many Alts

Necrotic Lagg

EU / PC Master Race
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently 360 queue for EP tonight, LOL!

Yep 359 que, this is pathetic , how much longer are you going to discuss it ??
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easter holidays weheee....
    3/4 campaings ruined by some a-holes defending their buffservers to the blood and no way to communicate with 95% of the queued population to break this defense...

edit_
    @ZOS could you pls install a system of where all but one campain are shut down and a "new" campaign is opened fluidly when certain thresholds of players have been reached? that would fix alot of problems in one go ...
    Edited by Tankqull on April 1, 2015 7:32PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we just passed another evening having many guild mates not getting access to PvP due to queue times of more than 2 hours and one sided buff campaigns as an (no-go) option... Woot!
    Edited by Legedric on April 2, 2015 4:01AM

• Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    I came home at about 6 pm. First thing was logging in and check for a queue. Some guild buddies were already in cyrodiil, i started another group wirh more from the guild to join the group already fighting. Group queue position 174 ... Bummer. It took us 3 hours to get in. By that time to others that were already in when we started gave up. I had about an hour left until i had to leave... Bell rang at 5:30.
    Not funny.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would sub again if there was an ESO+ campaign.
    PC EU
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sub again if there was an ESO+ campaign.

Adding a prioirity queue for ESO+ members would make me resub... a new campaign won't change something as we already have enough buff or one sided campaigns beside the only real PvP campaign in EU - Thornblade.

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sub and I honestly think that subbers should have priority queuing for Cyrodiil. It was at 360 (as has been said) last night which on a week night is crazy for people who live RLs. If I'd started queuing at 8 it would have been past 10 before I got in.

I was lucky and got on when the queue was about 170 but some of my guild mates weren't so lucky.

I'm EP won btw, we were way out in front. Now, hopefully the queues will settle down as this Thronblade cycle is over...

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as i would like it, a prioritized queue wouldn't work.
    If paying players get ahead of non subs, the queue will never go down for non subs, and they won't be able to get in Cyro, just because everytime some ESO plus member joins the queue, he joins in front on the non paying one
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's the system behind a priority queue that other games are using successfully. Of course there have to be other actions to be taken in general to get the queue down but for now: I'd be happy with it.
    Edited by Legedric on April 2, 2015 9:39AM

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well everything was relativly fine when the other campaigns have and could be used - but thx to 25 people camping your starter area all day long

and the crappy instanced chats HINT HINT @ZOS making it impossible to break the blockade as you cant rally the forces into one campaign so everybody is stuck to the queue of the one remaining balanced campaign...

giving us a working chat system would solve so many problems like the groupbuilder etc.

so ZOS do sth!
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Kromus
    Kromus
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i would like it, a prioritized queue wouldn't work.
    If paying players get ahead of non subs, the queue will never go down for non subs, and they won't be able to get in Cyro, just because everytime some ESO plus member joins the queue, he joins in front on the non paying one

When you pay the service you expect the service, simple as that. It's like that in every segment of life, so why would online gaming be different? Plus, it would most likely mean that actual pvpers would join the campaign and not pve scrubs that just do quests and delves, collect skyshards etc. They are free to do it at non-locked campaigns. Justice for pvp-ers! :)
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kromus wrote: »
    Plus, it would most likely mean that actual pvpers would join the campaign and not pve scrubs that just do quests and delves, collect skyshards etc. They are free to do it at non-locked campaigns. Justice for pvp-ers! :)

^This!

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My biggest complaint Brian is that when i enter a delve inside Cyrodiil that you guys are now encouraging with the new AP bonus i cannot return once finished. If i go to leave the dungeon i get a message saying something along the lines of destination is full or failed or something like that. Always happens when the server is pop locked. Worst of all is sometimes when attempting to leave a couple of times you get stuck in a never ending loading screen and then after having to force quit the game it's queue time all over again. As a PvP only players who still has an active sub(not that this is worth anything anymore) it's basically coming down to a 50-50% chance if i even get to play any of the PvP now with limited time.

Remove guesting, EU Thorn has had many guest players from the other servers come on recently as the campaign nears the end. Especially EP who are basically becoming pop locked from early morning right up until 12-1am BST. Which was unheard of before b2p. DC queues are taking an hour + in prime time i hate to imagine what it's like for the EP guys who seem to have triple our numbers.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »

My biggest complaint Brian is that when i enter a delve inside Cyrodiil that you guys are now encouraging with the new AP bonus i cannot return once finished. If i go to leave the dungeon i get a message saying something along the lines of destination is full or failed or something like that. Always happens when the server is pop locked. Worst of all is sometimes when attempting to leave a couple of times you get stuck in a never ending loading screen and then after having to force quit the game it's queue time all over again. As a PvP only players who still has an active sub(not that this is worth anything anymore) it's basically coming down to a 50-50% chance if i even get to play any of the PvP now with limited time.

Remove guesting, EU Thorn has had many guest players from the other servers come on recently as the campaign nears the end. Especially EP who are basically becoming pop locked from early morning right up until 12-1am BST. Which was unheard of before b2p. DC queues are taking an hour + in prime time i hate to imagine what it's like for the EP guys who seem to have triple our numbers.

@Orchish, apparently this has been fixed lately
    EU | PC | AD
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priority queues for subscribed customers would be nice.