The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

CYRODIL QUEUE (Thornblade EU)

DaggerfallTradeMasters
Its just too long.
Thats basically it this is not the game i was promised first it was fine ofc there was lag but at least i could play with my friends and guildmates.
Now we have a queue of 120+ which takes over 1 hour.
Guild events have only half of people in it because queue is too long members going to other campaigns but even there is the queue too long.
We want a bigger population cap again i am a PVP player!
I remember the Beta dam that was some good stuff but this....

I am sure i am not the only one if i read my guild chat ;)

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are other campaigns, fill them instead of playing on lagblade.
    Zos don't care what anyone is talking here, and nothing will change.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    There is a queue for all 4 campaigns at night now, Thornblade is the longest, but its still a queue of over 50 for Azuras, Haderus and Chillrend past 7pm gmt
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the advantages of playing a vet3 alt: you can queue, then forget about it and go questing while it ticks down :)
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EPs queue for TB peaked at 250 yday apparently, whilist being poplocked on all other campaigns aswell. AD arround 150 and DC something similar to that. Raised poplocks would be the best since adding another campaign will turn it into a buffcampaign.
    :]
    Options
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Soulac wrote: »
    There are other campaigns, fill them instead of playing on lagblade.
    Zos don't care what anyone is talking here, and nothing will change.

1: all the campaigns have big queues atm.
    2: i have a PvP guild do you know how much work it is to get them all over? And even if i do that will only boost the pop with another +30 or even worse...
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The queue length has been getting discussed internally for both the US and the EU.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The queue length has been getting discussed internally for both the US and the EU.

And? *waits expectantly*

May as well... have nothing else to do while I queue...

Edited by Nermy on March 31, 2015 5:25PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: NM. Think you're talking about EU here.
    Edited by technohic on March 31, 2015 5:29PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NUyttbn.gif

BUT for the record, I don't mind a bit more lag in return of higher pop cap. Because (a) AvA should not be small skirmishes. that's why i hate empty servers and why i'm patiently waiting for the 1-hr 200-people queue, and (b) 200-people queue is *** frustrating.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what happened to the EPIC battles you promised at game launch?

I'd ask if that was all smoke and mirrors... but a lot of the lag issues didn't land until after 1.4.

Why don't you just put effort into finding what you messed up with 1.4 that is causing all of the lag instead of finding ways to destroy the promise of "epic" battles that you sold us on?

I'm sorry, but no one cares about the cash shop. If you don't fix the LAG issues you're going to lose your PvP playerbase. If you don't fix the CONTENT issues, you're going to lose your PvE playerbase.
    Edited by Bouvin on March 31, 2015 6:19PM
    Options
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

I'd ask if that was all smoke and mirrors... but a lot of the lag issues didn't land until after 1.4.

Why don't you just put effort into finding what you messed up with 1.4 that is causing all of the lag instead of finding ways to destroy the promise of "epic" battles that you sold us on?

I'm sorry, but no one cares about the cash shop. If you don't fix the LAG issues you're going to lose your PvP playerbase. If you don't fix the CONTENT issues, you're going to lose your PvE playerbase.

This is the truth right here. As soon as something comes along that does decent PVP and doesn't lag people will leave en-masse I believe. It is sad but the issue is being ignored (not verbally, but it seems that the actual actions to fix the issue do not happen really, as people said earlier: launch was more lag free than now, how can the situation possibly get WORSE over time and updates?) What are people to expect? Meh.
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    Bouvin wrote: »

This is the truth right here. As soon as something comes along that does decent PVP and doesn't lag people will leave en-masse I believe. It is sad but the issue is being ignored (not verbally, but it seems that the actual actions to fix the issue do not happen really, as people said earlier: launch was more lag free than now, how can the situation possibly get WORSE over time and updates?) What are people to expect? Meh.

Someone on the Cyrodil Performance sticky thread put it perfectly.

The bottom line for me is that creating diversions to make players not try to fight the epic battles is not really a solution. It's an admission of failure.
    Options
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    It has been a good oportunity to analyse the problems in cyrodiil. Better then the pts..
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just too long.
    Thats basically it this is not the game i was promised first it was fine ofc there was lag but at least i could play with my friends and guildmates.
    Guild events have only half of people in it because queue is too long members going to other campaigns but even there is the queue too long.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Switch factions OPtry someting new.
    I went from EP to AD and I'm having a blast with my new guildmates. Very friendly evena against the odds. (NA Thorn)
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Discussing internally for me means that someone or something is delaying or denying the progress to a solution.

We heard in the Q and A, AmA, twitch chats etc that they are "watching Cyrodiil carefully"..."preparing to make adjustments"..."understand the frustration"....

While I completely understand and have awareness that the cure may involve several steps; it might also have several options..
    however, the lack of any fix implementation in the face of a exacerbating problem in cyrodiil, seems more like, "checks in the mail, I promise, really, I SENT it!"

10279d0ddd460fff8f9259887e66f29585171394ac133d12f7bf885ba30891f6.jpg
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Options
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Its just too long.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Switch factions OPtry someting new.
    I went from EP to AD and I'm having a blast with my new guildmates. Very friendly evena against the odds. (NA Thorn)

Tbh if you made a guild and a character and you did so much work on it you played more then 60 days in total game time people know you (both enemy and friends) You have a great guild with a good community after hard work would you leave it so you can fix the queue yourself?
    I am not leaving my Alliance nor my characters i am enjoying what i have i just hate this dam queue.
    Options
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    queue 178 why do I even bother paying a sub when I can't even get in to play without waiting 2 hours to join the few of my guild that aren't stuck in a queue,
    Options
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday there was a queue of 232 when I tried to join at 9pm (still talking about Thornblade EU), so almost 2 hours wait, meaning it will be available just before 12pm, time for sleep :)

And tonight there is a queue even on the non-veteran campaign. Come on, we are not here to QQ, we're simply realistic, there are too much players for the small number of campaigns.

I am in a PVP guild, and lately, most people are doing PVE, both because of the lag, and the queue. Only 17 out of the 51 connected are in Cyrodiil right now... If you add more campaigns, more people will do PVP and fill these campaigns, you can be sure of that. I'll be the first among them. I remember a time when almost everyone connected was happily doing PVP, but now we are forced out of it :(
    Edited by Arezius on March 31, 2015 9:51PM
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, I'm sure they are "monitoring server populations and performance"... meanwhile at ZOS PvP department...

Sleeping-at-Work.jpg

On a more serious note, qeues have often been very high and for how much more does this need to continue? About half of my guild cannot PvP because they were in the queue from 8-9PM all the way to 11-12PM, then the people in my guild that have work and college, which is most of them, just go to bed.

This crap needs to be fixed, either more campaigns - or fix the lag and open up more slots so Thornblade wont suffer 250+ queues every evening.

The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended.

Pft....
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭

And?

Its been a year and I still dont get why everyone insists on using just 1 server. Yea, I get 'skilled' players use this, etc etc, but bottom line it makes no sense.

Really, the only way your going to solve this is:

1. BAN the exploiters, this will get rid of a few of the large groups that run around here exclusively.
    2. Make a scoring system that isnt about 24/7 gameplay.
    3. Prove to people it makes more sense for gear and gold to go to a shorter term server. They just dont seem to listen, but this may be due to 2.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already made some proposals on how to reduce campaign queues here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161703/to-zos-some-simple-fixes-for-vr-leveling-and-ridiculous-queue-length-in-cyrodiil-since-2-0-2#latest

But not a single word from anyone since then...

So I agree with the OP as queue times are really getting ridiculous on EU Thornblade and players focussing on PvP are wasting huge amount of time in queues...
    Edited by Legedric on April 1, 2015 4:08AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as_found_on_a_japanese_tv_show-37128.gif
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    I see a lot of problems that i and my guild experience as well:
    People have 1/2 sparen hours and want to do PvP but they cant because of the queue...
    And tbh i dont know what to do in that spare time on my VR14 toon
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have 1/2 sparen hours and want to do PvP but they cant because of the queue...

That's exactly the same problem we are experiencing in our guild right now. Many PvP players already quit the game because they don't get into PvP during prime time at all on EU Thornblade or even worse: Got booted out of Cyrodiil due to loading screen bug etc. and ran into a huge queue upon relogin several times a day.
    Edited by Legedric on April 1, 2015 7:24AM

Options
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Legedric wrote: »

That's exactly the same problem we are experiencing in our guild right now. Many PvP players already quit the game because they don't get into PvP during prime time at all on EU Thornblade or even worse: Got booted out of Cyrodiil due to loading screen bug etc. and ran into a huge queue upon relogin several times a day.

Exactly :(
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try other campaigns than thorn while you're waiting, most, if not all, are high pop/locked on prime time so they are good fun too, and their queues are a lot smaller
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Try other campaigns than thorn while you're waiting, most, if not all, are high pop/locked on prime time so they are good fun too, and their queues are a lot smaller

Well but you want to PvP in a team you know, your buddies, right?

Of course you can go on Chillrend and queue up for Thornblade but you are not contributing to your campaign, to your emperor rank and most important: You are not playing with your buddies or just a hand full when the majority of your guild is having fun on Thornblade.

Options
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Qued for thorn yesterday at 21.00 and was q 127 . Waited for 94 minutes before i could enter campaign.
    One way or another 10 guys from Legio just logged coz they didnt want to go through all that waiting.
    Performance(PVE and PVP) and ques is not something ZOS can afford at this day and age. Very soon game will start bleeding players. ZOS has to come with solution even if it is not perfect one.
    To all those who are suggesting that we can do other things than playing content we want - please dont insult people - we know that already just majority of alternatives doesnt include this game.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on April 1, 2015 8:21AM
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they should decrease max pop.... ow wait
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options