Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dawn's Wrath tree still not there (yet)

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Sure, it's better since 1.6, but still not where it belongs to for Templar casters.

Suggestions:

- Increase the projectile speed of Sun Fire and its morphs
- Give Dark Flare (Solar Flare morph) a chance to instant cast, like Crystal Fragments
- Increase the bonus damage of Backlash and all its morphs
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Fix Eclipse and its morphs.
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    Increase damage of dark flare by 20% at least to bring templar dps more in line with other classes (i.e. DKs that can pull 17k, stam build that can sustain 15-16k). Increase damage of puncturing sweep by 10%. either that or increase potential damage granted by templar class specific passives. Magicka DPS should not do less damage than stam dps and right now it does considerably less, likely due to how easy it is to get weapon power up to ridiculous numbers. This is an even bigger problem for Nightblades right now, nightblade magicka dps is, for all but the most skilled players, almost (notice the almost) completely broken.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL guys, you aint suppose to have as much dps as other classes

Read carefully now

U have the BEST heal in the whole game
    U up to par with DKs now as tanks

so go away with you have to have more dps as well.....
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

Read carefully now

Read carefully. I'm not talking about having the best dps. I'm talking about Templar CASTERS, which are almost non viable right now.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Read carefully now

This thread is not about increasing Templar dps in generall but about making Templar magicka dps competitive to Templar stamina dps.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭

Read carefully now

maybe read http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160691/restoring-light#latest

best heal? dont make me laugh ;)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since I know what templars already can do both as mag dps and stam dps, they are fine as they are now

and increasing those 3 things OP wants increases dps overall
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you mind telling me how you get >15k dps on a magicka templar? Seems as if I'm doing something wrong.

Also I can't see how Sun Fire or Dark Flare could increase stamina dps.
    Backlash is good enough in my oppinion as it easily does more than 10k damage per cast.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on March 31, 2015 7:43PM
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawn's Wrath abilities should have a chance to proc extra damage against undead.

Aedric Spear abilities should have a chance to proc extra damage against daedra.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    But guys! We have Radiant Destruction! That makes up for every other Templar class issue, doesn't it?

^ sarcasm

Seriously, though, Backlash could use a damage boost. Eclipse needs, I repeat NEEDS, to be fixed.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want to talk about a skill line that is 'not there'? Let's talk about Deadric Summoning.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »
    Do you want to talk about a skill line that is 'not there'? Let's talk about Deadric Summoning.

Ah, a Sorcerer issue in a Templar thread. I feel for you, I do, and I hope they fix Summoning too. But reading that made me realize that the following quote is probably going to be used in the ZOS office during a meeting:

"You know, I randomly clicked on some "Dawn's Wrath problems" thread, and someone there said that Daedric Summoning needs some work. I think that user really makes a good point. Let's brainstorm some ideas to fix the Summoning tree, yeah?!"

*sigh*
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    grimsfield wrote: »
    Increase damage of dark flare by 20% at least to bring templar dps more in line with other classes (i.e. DKs that can pull 17k, stam build that can sustain 15-16k). Increase damage of puncturing sweep by 10%. either that or increase potential damage granted by templar class specific passives. Magicka DPS should not do less damage than stam dps and right now it does considerably less, likely due to how easy it is to get weapon power up to ridiculous numbers. This is an even bigger problem for Nightblades right now, nightblade magicka dps is, for all but the most skilled players, almost (notice the almost) completely broken.

I am curious why do you think magicka dps should be higher then Stam dps ? What is the reasoning behind this ?
  • Jroc
    Jroc
    ✭✭✭
    since I know what templars already can do both as mag dps and stam dps, they are fine as they are now

and increasing those 3 things OP wants increases dps overall

Well if you "know" do you mind sharing? because everyone else must not be as knowledgeable as you.
    Edited by Jroc on April 1, 2015 12:55AM
    It's all good Bollywood
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭

Read carefully now

Can you ellaborate how Templars are now on par with DKs tanks in 1.6? What boosts in tanking did the class get in 1.6? I am curious.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »

Please stay on topic.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Glory:
    Make it a charged spell (Sort of like Grim Focus or Deadly Cloak).

Using this skill will make you do a 3 second charging animation (like Dark Flare animation), after which the skill transforms giving it a new effect: Instant Cast.

All damage will be delivered in a single hit instead of a 3 second channel (that was your charge time).
    Using this will revert the skill back to normal, after which you should charge it again.

Currently the Radiant Oppression Morph is far better than the Glory morph. Unless you are within execute range (which often is very short) you have no use for the healing.
    The healing should still apply to the new skill, but it will actually have some use since the damage will be high (although a single cast).
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Glory:

Using this skill will make you do a 3 second charging animation (like Dark Flare animation), after which the skill transforms giving it a new effect: Instant Cast.

All damage will be delivered in a single hit instead of a 3 second channel (that was your charge time).
    Using this will revert the skill back to normal, after which you should charge it again.

Currently the Radiant Oppression Morph is far better than the Glory morph. Unless you are within execute range (which often is very short) you have no use for the healing.
    The healing should still apply to the new skill, but it will actually have some use since the damage will be high (although a single cast).

That sounds awful. How long does it stay charged?
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Radiant Glory:

Until you fire it.
    I thought it would be a nice opener use (as well as single hit finisher). Since it is an instant hit it should be able to work from sneak, giving good bonus damage.
    Edited by Fizzlewizzle on April 1, 2015 12:19PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Radiant Glory:

Until you fire it.

That makes it a little better, but still would limit it to a one time use while in a fight. Not going to have 3 seconds to charge it; unless someone else is getting focused and/or doing the set up damage for you.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Glory:

This doesn't need adjustment imo. True, radiant oppression is the better morph, but there's almost always a better morph and radiant oppression is just fine where it is.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLB wrote: »

Read carefully now

Can you ellaborate how Templars are now on par with DKs tanks in 1.6? What boosts in tanking did the class get in 1.6? I am curious.

well templars now can tank everything in this game, that includes vDSA and SO aswell, how they do it, is for you to learn and discoverer on your own
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Glory:

This doesn't need adjustment imo. True, radiant oppression is the better morph, but there's almost always a better morph and radiant oppression is just fine where it is.
    It was meant for Radiant Glory, not Oppression.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read carefully now

well templars now can tank everything in this game, that includes vDSA and SO aswell, how they do it, is for you to learn and discoverer on your own

Oh so now they can? Not 5 months ago when I tanked SO all the time on my Templar?

I would've thought someone coming in here being angry at how good they think another class is .. would've actually known something about how good the class is.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »

Read carefully now

Oh so now they can? Not 5 months ago when I tanked SO all the time on my Templar?

I would've thought someone coming in here being angry at how good they think another class is .. would've actually known something about how good the class is.

o.O im not angry, I just dont agree they need more loving, in fact I dont think any class need more loving actually I like how things are now, even my little sorcerer :)

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say delete Solar Barrage(Nice idea...but just no) and replace it with a significantly decreased cast time dark flare with no heal debuff.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)