The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rite of Passage change

david.haypreub18_ESO
david.haypreub18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I confess I'm a little confused by the latest patch notes, which say:

Templar •Restoring Light •Rite of Passage: This ability will now heal player characters with the lowest health in the area, rather than those closest to the caster.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the skill already healed EVERYONE in the area, no? So how exactly is that a change? Unless the area of effect has changed, I don't see how this changes anything. What am I missing?
Templars are 'just slower... by design'
Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
VR 16 Sorcerer
38 Nightblade
24 DK
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IIRC it only heals up to 6 targets, like other aoe heals.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    IIRC it only heals up to 6 targets, like other aoe heals.

Correct...which is why the best raiding guilds don't use it.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 30, 2015 7:40PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which healing spells do raiding guilds use? Just wondering.

Anyhoo, so: apparently, the change then is that the skill prioritizes the six lowest health targets now?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking what "sneak nerf" @jopeymonster was talking about... now i remember the most recent one (at least, which i used often)... RITE OF PASSAGE.
    It used to heal once every 0.5 seconds, meaning 12 people per second... then they changed it (without notes) to once every 1 second, meaning only 6 people per second.

:|
    I think they use this policy for two things in this game. Templars and Argonians.
    (Guess what i am)
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anyhoo, so: apparently, the change then is that the skill prioritizes the six lowest health targets now?

Exactly, before if you had 5 allies with full health next to you and 5 at the edge of your aoe who were almost dead, your heal would go to the full health allies and not the ones who needed it.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healing Springs and Breath of Life. Combat Prayer not for the heals but for minor bezerk.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking what "sneak nerf" @jopeymonster was talking about... now i remember the most recent one (at least, which i used often)... RITE OF PASSAGE.
    It used to heal once every 0.5 seconds, meaning 12 people per second... then they changed it (without notes) to once every 1 second, meaning only 6 people per second.

I think they use this policy for two things in this game. Templars and Argonians.
    (Guess what i am)

They deleted that post, probably because I was right....

Hey ZOS... here's the word you should've memorized for 2015:

Transparency.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

(Guess what i am)

You are right. It did used to say .5 seconds. I wonder if they just doubled it and listed it as 1 second, or if they actually nerfed it.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 30, 2015 11:58PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

(Guess what i am)

You are right. It did used to say .5 seconds. I wonder if they just doubled it and listed it as 1 second, or if they actually nerfed it.

I saw this today and thought I was mistaken about the 0.5 seconds. Damn...
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭

(Guess what i am)

I think the healing done stayed the same, percentage wise.
    Rite of Passage didn't suddenly feel OP as hell after 1.6, and since it was a standard skill on my toolbar i think i would have noticed it.

My other healing skills seem to be on par with what i had before the change to 1.6 (but 10 times higher, just like my HP). So i don't think that there were changes besides it losing 1 extra tick every second. Which (sadly) still means that our healing went down with 50%.

It is still enough for small groups, but as others mentioned above the 6P limit isn't fit for any large scale raid groups.
    They might want to increase the amount of people it can heal (to raid group level), or bring back the old system (1 cast every 0.5 seconds). Doubling the healing it does wouldn't solve much i think... but then again i was never a high HP type, so i can't really say for sure.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ult was useless previously without CC immunity <--granted CC immunity. Now to make it useless again nerf fom 0.5 sec to 1 sec to decrease healing capability of large groups <--nerfed again.
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ult was useless previously without CC immunity <--granted CC immunity. Now to make it useless again nerf fom 0.5 sec to 1 sec to decrease healing capability of large groups <--nerfed again.

This is the complete issue with every Templar, every patch.

ZOS says, "Templars are buffed."
    ZOS means, "We nerfed Templars in a way that make them think we buffed them, but we really nerfed them. SUCKERS!"
    #nerfkeyboards
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my idea to fix things: Remove Light Weaver, Healing Ritual and Rite of Passage from the templar skill tree.

Give us new skills and a new passive instead, worth putting points in.

I even had people in 4-man groups, in range of me, dying to moderate AoE when I was using Rite Of Passage + Focused Healing. For what ever reason one guy didn't get heals, or the heals didn't tick in fast enough.

Healing Ritual will wipe the entire group. They have to remove it asap, to prevent new players from killing people.

Than there's Light Weaver, boosting these 2 useless skills and the nerfed version or Aura (that's no longer worth slotting).
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 1.6 I've respecced out of Rite of Passage and Light Weaver. Healing every 1 second instead of every 0.5 seconds killed the skill, I've wiped multiple times while channelling Remembrance in a 4-man group; whereas before 1.6 even Practiced Incantation made the group practically invulnerable for its duration.

It's the same reason why Healing Ritual will never be viable even if they made it always heal to full. People die far too quickly in ESO to afford any significant cast time or delay on healing.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

This is the complete issue with every Templar, every patch.

ZOS says, "Templars are buffed."
    ZOS means, "We nerfed Templars in a way that make them think we buffed them, but we really nerfed them. SUCKERS!"
    And I'm ashamed to admit I fell for it. I mean Templar still feels like a decent class, but after a few more weeks of testing I find we've lost more than we've gained, as well as a number of skills being broken.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Responses requested. Still waiting on clarification for incredibly dodgy patch notes, bug reports, and complete lack of regard.

[snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on March 31, 2015 11:02PM
    #nerfkeyboards