The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Loading Screen After Every Update

likelolwhat
likelolwhat
✭✭✭✭
Every time an update finishes downloading, I have to immediately run a repair (which takes forever) or I get stuck on an infinite loading screen after account log-in and before char select. This has been happening for a few months, I think. I never noticed it before update four or five.

I've been playing since the beginning, by the way. I still want to play, but the repairs are taking longer and longer each time and it's frustrating.

If anyone else is running into the infinite loading screen after update, my procedure is:

1. Close the launcher after update
2. Open launcher again
3. Run repair
4. Wait
5. Wait some more
6. Once the repair is done, close launcher again
7. Open launcher
8. Press 'Play' and cross fingers.

It seems to work thus far, if slowly.

I'm going to continue playing, but if anyone at ZOS knows what the issue is help would be appreciated.
Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • intrimazz
    intrimazz
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
    and find the eso.exe file

click it and see if it lets you log in
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run Task Manager and open the Processes tab. What I see when this is happening is that the ESO client goes to 100% CPU us (well 50% on a dual-core) and sits like that for a very long time slowly expanding memory until it gets to around 750Mb at which point it gets several more larger chunks of memory till it's about 1Gb and then the CPU usage drops and the game shortly after loads into the character screen.

It seems like it's doing some post-patch data fiddling the first time it's run, because I don't see this in Task Manager on subsequent runs .. infinite character and zone loading don't show this to any marked extent.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 31, 2015 12:16PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

It's a known issue that reaching character select after a patch takes longer than what is usually expected. However, on reaching the character select screen, subsequent logins will be much faster.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the swift reply. Good to know that you guys are aware of it. I'll continue to repair for now -- it seems to be going faster now for some reason.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.