The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To Everyone Complaining About Sorcerers

Germtrocity
Germtrocity
✭✭✭✭
To all of you crying out about how sorcerer is easy mode, I issue you a challenge : roll a sorcerer and fight me, or any other skilled sorcerer

After the fight when you have been demolished, please go on to tell us how sorcerer is actually "easy mode"

I did the same thing in 1.4, and have a v14 DK as proof that the class used to be easy mode - I even played on it for a few months to hone my skills and was able to defeat other people considered skilled in their respective classes.

Sorcerer is not easy mode though, and hopefully people will take this challenge and then realize that the "OP - ness" comes from the players skill, not from the class they are playing - though I can understand why they would think it is the class they are playing because of how overpowered DKs used to be. :)
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't argue that it has a high skill cap and would very much agree with you. No one is scoffing at your skill for pulling off what you do. The problem is the level of offense, defense AND mobility a single build is able to achieve. Hardened Ward scales off offensive stats which allows strong offense + defense, and Ball Lightning is an amazingly strong escape tool that makes many forms of CC useless. No one character should have all three strengths covered regardless of player skill being required. You need to have legitimate weaknesses for other players to counter with. That is currently not the case and is what needs to be remedied.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, nothing about the Sorc experience is "easy mode", certainly not after they nerfed light armor, Crushing Shock and Surge!

I think Sorcerers are the best at using weapon skills, because our class abilities have been so weak for so long. For example, it's possible to play effectively with nothing but 2H skills on your bar, but only a Sorc would do this, LOL.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing is, sorc was hard to learn because we always fall behind on dps, so we actually had to really improve our skills, so when a vr14 skilled sorc player suddenly gets some valid skills for pvp survivability, we can already adapt them into the skills we already have been harnessing for this last year.

thats why we harder to kill now, due to skill, and learning our class.

I have loved sorc for a year, and will love sorc for the next year ;)
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, just listen to urself.
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    lol, just listen to urself.

I read and reread my post before posting, did I miss anything? Or care to explain what you mean
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc it is definately not difficult to be successfull.
    Pre 1.6 sorcerers needed good combos to burst their enemies down. Now they simply need some left clicks.
    This is no offense, just to put this right but it is definately 100% easier now.
    Now suddenly all the sorcs became so skilled because they practiced so hard xD, usually skill doesnt come overnight.

All the bad sorcerers that couldn't touch me are now facerolling Cyrodil and are suddenly so skilled, weird that the good ones were able to kill me before 1.6.

And a freshly leveled sorc, fighting a bit more experienced sorc doesnt tell anything about the classstrength or easyness.
    Edited by Mumyo on March 29, 2015 1:03AM
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    As a sorc it is definately not difficult to be successfull.
    Pre 1.6 sorcerers needed good combos to burst their enemies down. Now they simply need some left clicks.
    This is no offense, just to put this right but it is definately 100% easier now.
    Now suddenly all the sorcs became so skilled because they practiced so hard xD, usually skill doesnt come overnight.

All the bad sorcerers that couldn't touch me are now facerolling Cyrodil and are suddenly so skilled, weird that the good ones were able to kill me before 1.6.

And a freshly leveled sorc, fighting a bit more experienced sorc doesnt tell anything about the classstrength or easyness.

Interesting, it sounds as if you may need to hone your build then or work on your own skill / coordination if you are getting facerolled by bad sorcerers, because I see sorcerers that are new to the class dying all the time.

And if it IS the class that is overpowered, your sorcerer should be fine. Within the first month of picking up the overpowered DK in 1.4 I was able to kill veterans to the class. As I said before, a lot of it has to do with personal skill. Not everyone's reaction times are the same - which plays a big part as well in the whole skill thing.

Like I said, take a step back and evaluate yourself before charging in with QQ and nerf bats.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The challenge u offer, what shall it show? Just let it run through ur head again and again, are u able to show that ur class is not easy to rock with in cyrodil that way? I doubt it. because logic and things.

And pls no ladybeef. I know blabla im qq baby ok!
    Edited by Mumyo on March 29, 2015 1:19AM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think with the existing game mechanics sorcs can be as powerful or even more powerful than any class. If they fix the issues relating to unlimited resources as I've suggested it will hurt sorcs the most and will bring more balance to the game. If they direct nerfs directly at sorcs they're addressing the effect and not the cause.

So many things are so unbalanced right now it's absurd. You can't focus on any one thing in isolation or you're making a major mistake.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    K, I'll get right on leveling a V14 Sorc...

I'd only merely dislike Sorcs due to their ridiculous skills and balance, but the fact people are whining about them being underpowered in spite of their slew of bull-ahem- puts me into a blind rage.

"NOTICE HOW EVERYONES RUNNING MEDIUM ARMOR + 2H CUZ ITS OP NAO LOL"

Maybe because they want to try out the new changes?
    Maybe because it's not entirely worthless for once in a long time?

Like, causation-correlation fallacy much?
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 29, 2015 4:31AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sorcerer is not an OP class. I know this because I have killed plenty of them; both in blackwater blade and some the last time I was in azuras star.

What people have a problem with is players stacking shields and having incredibly high defense while at the same time having incredibly high offense. That has nothing to do with one specific class. That is skill and mechanics.

A sorcerer is only a threat when they use overload or are behind a damage shield. Once the damage shield goes down, the sorc will go down fast; resulting in them dying or bolt escaping away.

• vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    @ Draehl.

All classes should able to do both dps and survibility, or there'll be no reason for anyone to choose that class,
    and in ESO we have one extra ability, sorcerer have BE, NB have cloak, DK have reflect, Templar have damage shield. if you have problem with killing sorcerer, maybe you've built to counter other classes.

Ppl use 2 handed charge to counter sorc, like sorcerer use shield to counter DK reflect, every class have a weakness, just learn to counter them and you'll be fine, if you cannot counter all other classes with one build, it doesn't mean they're overpowered.
    Edited by vichoi on March 29, 2015 11:12AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always felt DK was the OP class, and they have had a good year, many of the people that are complaining about the sorc being to hard to kill, are DKs that have been left clickers since the game started and could tank 10 people at the same time in pvp.

Now for me personally, the game is more even for all classes, they all have there ups and downs, and there aint any op class anymore, and that I like.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer in 1.6 is Dragon Knight 2.0.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you crying out about how sorcerer is easy mode, I issue you a challenge : roll a sorcerer and fight me, or any other skilled sorcerer

After the fight when you have been demolished, please go on to tell us how sorcerer is actually "easy mode"

I did the same thing in 1.4, and have a v14 DK as proof that the class used to be easy mode - I even played on it for a few months to hone my skills and was able to defeat other people considered skilled in their respective classes.

Sorcerer is not easy mode though, and hopefully people will take this challenge and then realize that the "OP - ness" comes from the players skill, not from the class they are playing - though I can understand why they would think it is the class they are playing because of how overpowered DKs used to be. :)

9 time out of 10 its a player's skill, the other time someone has bad lag.

the nerf crying is getting irritating, all it is is beacons to the posters lack of skill.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced sorc players squashing noob sorcs are the same bs as inexperienced sorc fighters proclaiming sorc OPness.

In 1.6 measurement for a good roaming build was the ability to beat a dk openfield (reasonably fast). Now sorcs are that benchmark.

You have to specifically build your char to beat a sorc - they are beatable if they choose to stay in the fight (if they run why does it bother you - same with nbs failing snipe and cloaking away at maxrange).
    People don´t realize that sorc burst was not buffed but nerfed in 1.6. The only thing buffed was the ability to crit (not on block though) and a 40% nerf to hp-pools.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with Sorc.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Fairweather91
    Fairweather91
    ✭✭
    Buff Sorcs
    ~Fairly~

DC/EP/AD

Fair Weather Friends
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

A good NB or DK beats a sorc anytime
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »

Both classes loose their zerging abilities in the process though :P
    Also i don´t think they beat them anytime. Its a close call for stam builds. Magica the best thing NB and DK can hope for is a draw.
    Edited by Derra on March 29, 2015 9:06AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, anyone who is good will beat someone less skilled (most of the time), if the playing field is even - regardless of the classes involved.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I changed to Sorcerer from DK at the end of 1.5. All I have to say, I facerolled people with my DK easily all the time, and still can with my stam DK if I ever get on her. It's not so easy for my Sorc.

I practice pretty relentlessly on Sorc to keep up with my partner, and it DEFINITELY takes a lot more skill than my DK ever did. I love Sorc just for that alone, the skill it takes.

I think too many people have a MAJOR l2p issue going on with Sorcs lol. I die all the time to your snipes and wrecking blows, what's the problem here?
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on March 29, 2015 12:12PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, anyone who is good will beat someone less skilled (most of the time), if the playing field is even - regardless of the classes involved.

You up for some duels on pts? :)
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need an Lol button. my god these poor sorcs think they are skilled now for using ward...
    Edited by Nivzruo_ESO on March 29, 2015 12:28PM
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have played one character since beta and launch which is a sorc. It's all I have really played.

Sorcs are not OP in the slightest. Give me an uncapped Streak back that builds ultimate without a 50% cost increase nor blanket cc immunity, and then we would be.

After the Sorc took major hits with the Nerf bat, I stuck around, sucked it up, and continued to play a class that was at a disadvantage in pvp against every other class for months.i didn't roll another class i stuck with it.

Now that sorcs are actually on level playing field again folks think they are OP because they got too used to fighting against a sorc class that was underpowered and gimped for months.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed to Sorcerer from DK at the end of 1.5. All I have to say, I facerolled people with my DK easily all the time, and still can with my stam DK if I ever get on her. It's not so easy for my Sorc.

I practice pretty relentlessly on Sorc to keep up with my partner, and it DEFINITELY takes a lot more skill than my DK ever did. I love Sorc just for that alone, the skill it takes.

I think too many people have a MAJOR l2p issue going on with Sorcs lol. I die all the time to your snipes and wrecking blows, what's the problem here?

Having v14s in all four classes, with weeks worth of /played on each of them, i gotta say that sorc is the hardest class to master. But once mastered, it has the potential to be the most powerful class in the game.

I always get a kick out of DKs are OP threads, or anything is OP threads. DK has always had the same basic weaknesses throughout ESO. They can be kited mercilessly, and there aint a thing they can do about it. Even if you cant kill the dk, you as a sorc can ensure there is no way in hell that DK ever kills you.

Nightblade is probably the most dangerous class for a sorc to face, not because of "burst" damage or crowd control abilities, but because when built for it, its the only class other than a sorc that can keep up with one.

Templars just get screwed in this rock paper scissors. Neither should ever die to each other, but templar has no prayer of beating an on par played sorc.

So the way I see it.

Sorc v Sorc is a wash, whoever is better
    Sorc v DK favors the Sorc if the Sorc is built specifically to kill DKs, otherwise the Sorc is either going to die or going to run.
    Sorc v NB favors the NB in most builds (especially if its the standard magicka LA sorc vs stamina med bow/dw nb).
    Sorc v Templar rarely gets decided, both classes has so much built in shielding (and temp heals while lacking range to keep up with bolt escape)

So yeah, in a lot of cases its learn to play, but with mastered classes, there is a strong argument that Sorc is the most powerful of the classes in the right hands.
    Edited by Rylana on March 29, 2015 2:56PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭

You up for some duels on pts? :)

Yeah :smiley:
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

So the way I see it.

Sorc v DK favors the Sorc if the Sorc is built specifically to kill DKs, otherwise the Sorc is either going to die or going to run.
    Sorc v NB favors the NB in most builds (especially if its the standard magicka LA sorc vs stamina med bow/dw nb).
    Sorc v Templar rarely gets decided, both classes has so much built in shielding (and temp heals while lacking range to keep up with bolt escape)

So yeah, in a lot of cases its learn to play, but with mastered classes, there is a strong argument that Sorc is the most powerful of the classes in the right hands.

All assuming everyone is playing a glass cannon/1vX type build. Sorcs completely dump all over any sort of dedicated attrition build while still having strong attrition themselves. We don't have a chance in hell to get through your hardened ward since we aren't bursting, yet you can often put together enough spike damage to take us out even if we're in heavy armor. All the while you maintain pretty solid regen rates. It makes no sense. I actually have to make defensive sacrifices as a NB caster if I want to put together some burst. Likewise, I have to give up burst to have any level of meaningful defense. If we try to straddle the line between offense and defense like you are currently able to do, we fail at both.

Sorcs currently aren't required to focus on anything. Just pump Spellpower/Magicka and have a decent amount of health and your skills take care of the rest for you. It reminds me of WoW frost Mages when they were in their prime. Good burst (not the best, but close) with some pretty amazing defensive skills/cooldowns. No real downside. Then compare to Affliction Warlocks- a playstyle dedicated to sustained damage/longer fights- yet the Mage burst build has better defenses, not to mention the general utility of burst being more valuable for taking out key targets vs. slow DoT damage.

I'm not blaming y'all. Sorcs have a high skill cap for sure, but I wish MMO developers would learn their lesson about making sure every class/build has specific strengths and weaknesses. I don't know if its ignorance or they're playing favorites, but its getting frustrating being a defensive/sustain minded player and seeing these burst builds in multiple MMOs handed everything on a silver platter.
    Edited by Draehl on March 29, 2015 7:14PM
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »

So the way I see it.

All assuming everyone is playing a glass cannon/1vX type build. Sorcs completely dump all over any sort of dedicated attrition build while still having strong attrition themselves. We don't have a chance in hell to get through your hardened ward since we aren't bursting, yet you can often put together enough spike damage to take us out even if we're in heavy armor. All the while you maintain pretty solid regen rates. It makes no sense. I actually have to make defensive sacrifices as a NB caster if I want to put together some burst. Likewise, I have to give up burst to have any level of meaningful defense. If we try to straddle the line between offense and defense like you are currently able to do, we fail at both.

Sorcs currently aren't required to focus on anything. Just pump Spellpower/Magicka and have a decent amount of health and your skills take care of the rest for you. It reminds me of WoW frost Mages when they were in their prime. Good burst (not the best, but close) with some pretty amazing defensive skills/cooldowns. No real downside. Then compare to Affliction Warlocks- a playstyle dedicated to sustained damage/longer fights- yet the Mage burst build has better defenses, not to mention the general utility of burst being more valuable for taking out key targets vs. slow DoT damage.

I'm not blaming y'all. Sorcs have a high skill cap for sure, but I wish MMO developers would learn their lesson about making sure every class/build has specific strengths and weaknesses. I don't know if its ignorance or they're playing favorites, but its getting frustrating being a defensive/sustain minded player and seeing these burst builds in multiple MMOs handed everything on a silver platter.
    Long winded, but completely missing the point. If you aren't playing a burst build, you don't flail away at the shields, you attack their stamina. A CC'd sorc cannot cast shields and will die in one dmg rotation of they don't CC break immediately.

You think sorcs like me just pump everything into spell dmg/magicka like potatoes and proceed to face roll the keyboard? Wrong. I have to put everything I can into high magicka and stamina regen above all else, or else I get CC'd and die when I can't break.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. issue a challenge, roll a class that u haven't played and fight me on the same OP class I have played for a year plus and I will show u how they are not overpowered and it is all player skill?

That is your challenge. You have to be kidding me. In what way does this even remotely prove that a sorc is not unbalanced? LOL. LOL. LOL. Very logically.

If you really wanted to prove this, your challenge; should be

Fight 10 sorcs in a duel. Record duels.

Challenge the same sorcs to duels, but you are restricted, and cannot use your class shields (and streak if you think that plays into them being considered OP). Have 10 fights in a row with continuous recording.

If you win more duels or the same amount, it will prove shields are not OP and it is player skill.

When u lose more duels that the baseline established, it will prove that OP skills are effecting the gameplay.

My prediction is you will lose a lot of duels without shields, but would love to see it.