The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

AntiAliasing - how to make it working

jpp
jpp
✭✭✭
I know few games and AA means that lines are smooth, but in ESO it looks like lines with high contrast are dotted. Tere is a AA switch but it seems nothing happens when I turn it off/on. I'm playing with Fullscreen option.

Is it possible to have AA in ESO?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @jpp,

Anti-Aliasing is available as an option in the Video Settings for ESO, though it is a single option without a lot of customization. If you would like to customize your anti-aliasing further, you are able to do so through your video card's control panel.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    @jpp I've found that AA doesn't solve the jaggies, unfortunately. Not the in game one, neither when forced through GPU settings.
    What solved the issue (but reduced performance by quite a bit) was NVIDIA's DSR, when set to 4k. It completely eliminated the jagges.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just posted something about the DSR settings Nvidia recommends. They cause a RIDICULOUS amount of heat in your GPU. Mine hit 92° celsius. NOT healthy imo.
    Edited by Jade1986 on January 29, 2015 10:03PM
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    I just posted something about the DSR settings Nvidia recommends. They cause a RIDICULOUS amount of heat in your GPU. Mine hit 92° celsius. NOT healthy imo.

GTX 970 4GB, DSR on at x4 smoothness 100% and runs 71C.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Yeah I was reading up that the DSR 4k setting was meant for the GTX 970 and 980, I don't understand why it is recommended for my gtx 690 :neutral_face: . Even after setting fans to 95 percent, cleaning all fans and all dust out of my pc, and limiting gpu temperatures it still fire up to 85-88°. People should def check their recommended settings for this game if they use GeForce experience and have a GPU lower than the 970.

Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have windows 8.1 and a 760GTX. Forcing any AA mode through Nvidia control panel does not work.

DSR is great and does work, but will bring most non-top-end systems to their knees.
    Options
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I found DSR for invidia, did over resolution and finally picture much better, but still not perfect in some places (when armor glows or shines - there are moving dots on edges) - since smoothing is done by NVIDIA and not by program itself. Much better but I guess it works only for top graphic cards models
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Yeah I was reading up that the DSR 4k setting was meant for the GTX 970 and 980, I don't understand why it is recommended for my gtx 690 :neutral_face: . Even after setting fans to 95 percent, cleaning all fans and all dust out of my pc, and limiting gpu temperatures it still fire up to 85-88°. People should def check their recommended settings for this game if they use GeForce experience and have a GPU lower than the 970.

DSR is recommended for those not running a 900 series video card. Those running 900 Series video cards typically run 2K or 4K monitors. DSR allows you to slip in behind the door to get that quality. Just have a decent CPU, Motherboard and RAM ;)
    Options