Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bound Crafting Item with No Warning?

Zarbryn
Zarbryn
I got a friend to make me a 'Seducer' dagger, but he accidentally equipped it instead of posting it. He didn't even realise it would become bound. I had a look at the new Night Mother set I had just made myself and this is also bound. Obliviously he has to make me another dagger, and he cant use daggers himself.

Should there not be a warning that you are about to equip a BOE item to stop this happening?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they do say Bind on Equip after they are made. They do say Bound after you wear them for sure.

This is something I have never agreed with, if a Crafter makes something, they should be able to sell or give it away even if it is worn by the crafter. The person buying it on the other hand, should be BoP (if it was worn by the crafter, otherwise as it is now, BoE). This last part is to protect the crafting economy.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zarbryn
    Zarbryn
    They do in the top corner, but it was equipped by accident. A box saying 'Are you sure you want to equip this' would be nice. Normal gear (at least low level) can be worn and resold.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its there idea of bind on 1st use....don't see why they cant do a warning like they do with emails anyway.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Zarbryn
    Zarbryn
    Even the sell to fence with junk blue items has a warning (dolls and such)...
  • Zarbryn
    Zarbryn
    I dont care that it is BOE, I just want it bound to the right person :disappointed:
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless the item was legendary, this is no big loss. You didn't know about BoE, now you do. Crafting mats are easy to come by, consider this a lesson learned, and make another one. While you have a valid point (did more or less the same thing starting out), it's just not that big a deal. Some lessons work better coming from 'school of hard knocks'. I bet you won't do it again. :)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarbryn wrote: »
    Should there not be a warning that you are about to equip a BOE item to stop this happening?

It's bad enough we have a warning for deleting empty mail, do you really think having a warning every time you equip something is a good idea?
  • Zarbryn
    Zarbryn
    eNumbra wrote: »
    Zarbryn wrote: »

It's bad enough we have a warning for deleting empty mail, do you really think having a warning every time you equip something is a good idea?

Good point. That is insanely annoying (but rather more unnecessary). I can just see me doing it with something much more expensive.I havent done it yet, but I am paranoid :smile:

As I dont change my gear as often as I delete my mail, I didn't really see the logic behind having a warning for stuff like that but not this. As an optional feature (turn bind equip warnings on/off)? I know it will never happen, but...

I would feel better quickly hitting E to equip rather than accidentally using something I was trying to sell. I don't think it would make any difference to me time wise. I see your point though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad OP, I had about 30 BoE Dropped set items that I had been carrying around. I wanted to see if they looked any different before I sold them off in the Guild Store. Well, after seeing that they looked no different than regular in game stuff.....

....I headed over to the Blacksmithing station and just deconstructed them. Grrr
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Don't feel bad OP, I had about 30 BoE Dropped set items that I had been carrying around. I wanted to see if they looked any different before I sold them off in the Guild Store. Well, after seeing that they looked no different than regular in game stuff.....

....I headed over to the Blacksmithing station and just deconstructed them. Grrr

LOL, been there done that. Made the T-shirt. :p

What this thread should really be asking for is an equipment preview mode. And now that there is one in the Crown store, there really is no excuse not to include it in the game. It is long overdue. Are you listening @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying, I enchant gear before I pass it along and the default "enchant" key is right next to the equip. First time I fortunately made it for an alt and could pass it along in my bank. Ever since then, I move veeerrrryy slllooowly when I enchant before mailing to someone else. Having a toggled pop-up warning for blue or better would be nice.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFXIV does something that I feel all MMOs should do for BoE items.

Equipment in FFXIV don't bind until you earn any amount of EXP in combat while wearing them. Conveniently, this both solves the problem of accidental binding and allows people to "try on" equipment to see looks and the like without binding it.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, everyone who's made something at some point has bound it to their own character. I found myself one time getting ahead of myself and started double clicking things as soon as I had the inventory window open thinking it was the email window. Had to remake those 3 items I just bound to myself.....DOH! Luckily they weren't too costly to reproduce!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Jackles
    Jackles
    Vandril wrote: »
    FFXIV does something that I feel all MMOs should do for BoE items.

Equipment in FFXIV don't bind until you earn any amount of EXP in combat while wearing them. Conveniently, this both solves the problem of accidental binding and allows people to "try on" equipment to see looks and the like without binding it.

Even if it's a very insignificant amount of experience to bind an item, that system would work very well in ESO.

Found a dagger I was going to send to a friend, saw it had an interesting visual in the picture so I equipped it and thought to myself, really awesome looking dagger, friend will love this! Annnnd bound. oops.
    NA, AD, V14 Breton Sorcerer (: