Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buying steam version for friend?

Moxan
Moxan
✭✭✭
If my friend wants to buy the game, could I possibly purchase the game for them on my Steam account and then give them the ESO account that comes with it? I just want to make sure that the ESO account isn't linked to the Steam account in any way.
Edited by Moxan on March 23, 2015 4:56PM
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Are you in the US? I don't know the answer to the Steam question, but the game is currently $60 on Steam. You can get it for the same price from Amazon if you are in the US. I think they email you the code, or maybe show it to you in your account. You don't have to deal with Steam either if you get it from Amazon. Also, I saw it at cdkeys.com for $45, but not sure if that's US only or not. I got mine from cdkeys.com last year for a paltry $20 and didn't have any issues. I'm not trying to endorse them in any way. If you did want to go that route, you would need to do the research and decide if you want to buy there or not. They do accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Amex via Paypal.
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information, but I actually want to buy the game on Steam so that I can have the Steam benefits.
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    It's not linked but your friend will be unable to purchase any crowns as this has to be done via steam for steam versions of the game
    Edited by Glierhuin on March 23, 2015 9:33PM
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I don't think my friend will be needing any crowns.