Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A better way to find gear with precise Traits required ...

Xwift
Xwift
Soul Shriven
I'm wondering if there is an effective way to find gear with precise traits wanted for research. At the moment I'm not getting lucky, Medium Armor for example and daggers. Drops, quests, Guild stores, joined trading guild, buy chest from merchant. Yet still unable to find Armor+Weapons with precise Traits I want.

At the moment I haven't asked anyone able to craft to make me so I can research it. And tbh would prefer not relying on someone. Hence me wondering if there is more effective way to find gear with precise Traits required.

Thanks.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all, precise is a weapon trait, you can't find it on any armour.
    The fastest way to get new traits for research is communicating with other players, but as you don't want to do that and can't find them in guildstores, quest trwards might be the best way to get them.
  • Xwift
    Xwift
    Soul Shriven
    First of all, precise is a weapon trait, you can't find it on any armour.
    The fastest way to get new traits for research is communicating with other players, but as you don't want to do that and can't find them in guildstores, quest trwards might be the best way to get them.

I meant precise an in specific trait I want. Not the exact 'Precise' trait.

Yeah I thought so, guess I have no choice but to ask others, or get someone to craft with one so I can research it. Quests ain't giving me ones I need either.
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the busiest zone you have access to and ask in zone chat. Especially if you have the materials you can most likely find someone fairly quickly who will craft what you need for fairly cheap or even free, unless the trait you are looking for is nirnhoned.

You could also hit every guild store kiosk you have access to and scour them for what you need. You will eventually find what you are after that way, but it would most likely cost more and take longer.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use zone chat, ask in guild, join a trade/crafting guild if needed, check guild kiosks (there are over 100 of them). If you are still having issues, I'm not sure what to suggest. The methods above have worked 100% of the time for me up to this point.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can search guild vendors too, I just got the last traits for gear I need to research from guild vendors, it's not cheap (especially as you have to ignore level and researching a purple VR14 item is not my first choice).

You might have to try all the cities/towns you can travel to, and it might cost an arm and a leg, but you can do it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are plenty of 6-8 trait players out there, best bet would be ask in zone chat. But make it worth their while. I would not respond to a chat request for a trait item for less than 500g. Divines should be more since sapphires, though not rare, are least common. Or be prepared to offer mats AND a payment. I'm finishing the last 3 of my 8 traits this month. I'm on NA server, DC alliance, but have alts in AD and EP. Send me a request @Maester.White, and I'll make what you need.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search guild traders. It is where I get all of my traits.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 28, 2014 8:41PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting the last few traits for my little army from the Guild Stores. You may have to look for a while sometimes, but there are a lot of them. I find if I spend a little time at this I get a good idea about where to look for any particular thing.

I buy a lot of stuff from the Guild Stores. Shop around you can usually find good prices if you look.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xwift wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there is an effective way to find gear with precise traits wanted for research. At the moment I'm not getting lucky, Medium Armor for example and daggers. Drops, quests, Guild stores, joined trading guild, buy chest from merchant. Yet still unable to find Armor+Weapons with precise Traits I want.

At the moment I haven't asked anyone able to craft to make me so I can research it. And tbh would prefer not relying on someone. Hence me wondering if there is more effective way to find gear with precise Traits required.

Thanks.

Send me a message if you play on EU. I've had all traits for months and I'll send what you need for research.
    Wololo.
  • enigma_ESO3
    enigma_ESO3
    Soul Shriven
    Xwift wrote: »

Thanks.

In case no one else has said something like this yet, I will.

Finding specific gear is a royal PAIN IN THE ASS.

The things people are suggesting require so much time and effort, it's ridiculous. Finding specific VR gear for a specific build is simply irritating as hell. I've always HATED the decision to have no server-wide auction house. For days now, since I came back to the game, I've been spamming the chat to find new trading guilds, as all mine are dead now, as are my other guilds, since so many people quit the game. I haven't got a single response.

I want to make the gear myself, but I would pay for it. I don't care, I just NEED better gear to survive in pvp. I can't get anywhere with either option. I can't find the gear I need, people won't respond, so I can't find a player-crafter, nor can I even find any trading guilds to join.

It makes me crazy as a veteran MMO gamer, who knows for a fact people have items I want to buy, that they are listed in "some" guild, but there's no clean interface that the player can use to actually BUY them. Oh no!, I chose the "wrong" trade guild, and this one only has newbie gear. Great. Back to the drawing board, search, rinse, repeat, over and over again.

You shouldn't have to find, join, and quit 10 guilds before you find he gear you need. What a brain-dead design.

ESO DEVS, make a freaking server-wide auction house!!!!! PLEASE.