Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow heavy attack need to work like Dest staff

wOOOOt_of_SD
wOOOOt_of_SD
✭✭✭
Staff heavy attack just charges up and fires when ready, you just hold the fire button.

With Bow, it pulls but do not fire when ready - and the problem is that as a player you don't know when the bow is fully pulled.

So it would be only fair that the bow Works like the staff. Hold the button for repeatable heavy attacks.

Thx.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do the same as the destro staff heavy attack with practice. It doesnt take long to get the nack of it. I actually prefer the bow personally being able to be held. As i find it helps with attacks from stealth as well as using either bombard or venom arrow to release the shot.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just look at the back elbow, when it "twitches" back into position, as far back as it goes, its fully charged.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Just look at the back elbow, when it "twitches" back into position, as far back as it goes, its fully charged.
    You get an insightful for that, I'd never figure that out in a million years. :)
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Still, staff has an advantage over bow here, and no matter how good you get at spotting when its ready,
    you will always Loose a little bit of dps since its impossible to hit it right 100% of the time.
    Staff hits heavy attack 100% all the time - and bow are at an disadvantage in comparison.
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    Bows have the ability to do sneak attacks where staffs do not. It sometimes is advantages to cancel or hold a heavy attack to remain in stealth. Mostly in PVP, not so much an issue for PVE. You only lose a bit of dps if you are only comparing consecutive heavy attacks which both staff and bow will be at disadvantage to someone weaving an ability in-between heavy attacks.
    Edited by Beldorr on February 27, 2015 2:59PM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, staff has an advantage over bow here, and no matter how good you get at spotting when its ready,
    you will always Loose a little bit of dps since its impossible to hit it right 100% of the time.
    Staff hits heavy attack 100% all the time - and bow are at an disadvantage in comparison.

The problem is your trading away your stealth benefit for a minor DPS increase you can get with proper practice. There are times when charging up a full attack and having auto fire has pulled me out of stealth and got me killed quickly.

In terms for PvE you need to practice with bow.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can also cancel your heavy attack with bow by simply pressing the key associated with your skill while holding a heavy attack. That will give you 2 hits instantly.

protip
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players wouldn't like the bow heavy attack going off automatically like the staff. I know this because that's how bows used to work back in the early early beta. And that's why it was changed, due to feedback.

Bows just lend themselves better to a stealth attack mindset. Those types of players like charge and position before releasing the attack.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am agree!
    driosketch wrote: »
    Players wouldn't like the bow heavy attack going off automatically like the staff. I know this because that's how bows used to work back in the early early beta. And that's why it was changed, due to feedback.

Bows just lend themselves better to a stealth attack mindset. Those types of players like charge and position before releasing the attack.

How many actually does this in this game? If they changed it once, they can change it twice :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    To me, the bow is a sniping weapon,, I would rather hold my pull so my arrow hits the target when I want it to. When there is a group of mobs, some wandering and one stationary, I will target the stationary and pull my bow and wait for the perfect time to release. If the release was automatic I would have to time the release with the timings of the wandering mobs.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭

To me, the bow is a sniping weapon,, I would rather hold my pull so my arrow hits the target when I want it to. When there is a group of mobs, some wandering and one stationary, I will target the stationary and pull my bow and wait for the perfect time to release. If the release was automatic I would have to time the release with the timings of the wandering mobs.

QFT !!!

Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

• Skafsgaard
      Skafsgaard
      ✭✭✭✭

Im sure there's a lot of sneaky sneaky bow types out there that wouldnt agree with this. Make it a toggle somewhere in settings for all I care, but I always liked the way a heavy was charged and ready to let go.

Edit:
      For PvP I guess you could argue the bow would out dps the staff, because the bow user would never need to charge his 1st heavy.
      Edited by Skafsgaard on March 20, 2015 7:12AM
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
      http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    • wOOOOt_of_SD
      wOOOOt_of_SD
      ✭✭✭
      I agree that how it Works now is better in some situations.

A toggle option would be optimal solution.
    • akriden
      akriden
      ✭✭✭
      Oh i fought this is a kind of bug Oo
      Mainly because every other weapon work correctly
      Edited by akriden on March 20, 2015 1:52PM
    • Erotes
      Erotes
      ✭✭✭
      akriden wrote: »
      Oh i fought this is a kind of bug Oo
      Mainly because every other weapon work correctly

Really? Because the healing staffs light and heavy attacks are astoundingly awful and clunky. If you do try and charge the staff for a heavy attack, it glitches and doesn't charge. It is terrible :-/
    • Tankqull
      Tankqull
      ✭✭✭✭✭

destro heavy attack(fire&ice) is compleatly charged before the animation is finished. witing for it to be fired automatically is actual the same dps waste as beeing unable to realize the twitching.
      Edited by Tankqull on March 21, 2015 10:35AM
      spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
      Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"