Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very very slow download speeds

ScottTheJedi
ScottTheJedi
Soul Shriven
Anyone have any tips for getting these patches downloaded more quickly? I've had the launcher open for several hours and it's still around 4%. Was looking to get to play a little before work, but at this rate it will be the weekend before I get a chance to log back in.

I have the game itself all downloaded, but I suppose it's just patching everything up.

Does it get faster after a certain point? Are there any settings I can tweak to boost the speed? I'm on a Mac so antivirus and firewalls shouldn't be an issue, but I'm relatively new to Mac anyway so any tips would be appreciated.
  • ScottTheJedi
    ScottTheJedi
    Soul Shriven
    It actually just shot up to 20% all of a sudden, after applying a very large patch so I'm hoping it was just that initial giant patch that was the culprit, but we'll see. Excited to get back into the game, haven't played since the end of the first month after beta.
  • risen72
    risen72
    Soul Shriven
    I'm headed into day 4. I'd be really mad if it was still subscription, lol.

I haven't played since the initial beta test. I've always had a hard time making sure I played when it's a subscription. One of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. But now, MMO of a game series I love, and I can play without it feeling like a chore? Sure I can wait 4+ days...
    Cheers,

risen72
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    risen72 wrote: »
    I'm headed into day 4. I'd be really mad if it was still subscription, lol.

I haven't played since the initial beta test. I've always had a hard time making sure I played when it's a subscription. One of the reasons I stopped playing WoW. But now, MMO of a game series I love, and I can play without it feeling like a chore? Sure I can wait 4+ days...

Hi risen72

Is it still down loading?

What speed are you getting?

Locally, near DC we were able to install ESO on a Mac Pro ( trash can model )
    over comcast 12MB cable line + a wifi connection in about 6 hour.
    The Launcher was able to download about 1.2MB a second off the CDN.
    App nap was also disabled on the Launcher.app

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • lurong
    lurong
    Soul Shriven
    Mine is downloading at 700kb/s max. I am a network engineer so I can promise that the tests have been made to prove that the fault is not on my end. My bandwidth is 50mb/30mb (down/up), with a commercial QOS agreement. I will not be to quick to judge ESO since there is a possibility a vital router between me and the server is down. Needless to say its been 17 hours to get from 0 to 3%. I guess it happens, after 48 hours though I will be asking some questions.

-notes
    For any admins who wants to use this as a reference for troubleshooting, you will be happy to know that the program actually eats 7mb/s of bandwidth while only being 700kb/s effective. I don't know how the packet check works for your software, but that is ALOT of missing packets.

Sorry, I just realized I am in the mac support (Using Windows). Although networking is universal I still want to be in the right section.
    Edited by lurong on April 29, 2015 3:31AM