Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any changes to dungeons?

doggie
doggie
✭✭✭
I purchased the game because I thought Fungal Grotto was a good and fun dungeon back in beta. On live I still enjoyed it, at lvl 12 with green gear it was well optimized. If you did a mistake you either died or lost serious amount of health.

The problem I had was that the dungeons got easier, and easier, I remember I did Vaults of Madness one time before I hit 50 and the healer said our HP bar never even moved, and we had no clue what the strategy was, even just ignoring the boss and banging him up our hp bar didn't change.

Then the Veteran dungeons were a massive disapointment, I started doing the Veteran dungeons at Vr1, but I only got Vr5 gear, and none of it was any good, I just saved it up for the heck of it. It was disapointing that you could basicly get the same gear from any of the dungeons, so everyone just did the easiest.

In my opinion the game was poorly itemized, there was nothing in a dungeon you really wanted.

I've heard that there now are some new shoulder and helmets in the Veteran dungeons, that's something, but still far from the itemization other quality games has.

So what im wondering about is if they've managed to make the dungeons more intresting to do? Not just the VR ones but llower lvl dungeons too like the lvl 12 ones.

Best Answers

• Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the dungeons have changed, the delves have all been expanded (I think all, certainly a good number) and I think they're more fun but I suspect you're asking if they're harder and have better phat lewt and neither has happened.
    Answer ✓
  • Generic_08_15
    Generic_08_15
    ✭✭
    Dungeons now scale up to the group leaders level (since 1.5 I think)

For example you can do Fungal Grotto normal with a lvl34 group leader and every mob/boss will be lvl 34. The loot which is dropped will be either lvl 34 or your characters level (if youre lower)

The same system is there for veteran dungeons (except for City of Ash and Crypt of hearts i think)

Additionally you have 2 daily quests from the undaunted. One sends you into a random normal dungeon and one into a random veteran one. You get keys (gold and silver) for those quests which you use at their base to get treasure chests with nice loot for your level.

All in all I think the dungeon scaling was an enormous step into the right direction. No more fixed v5/v10 loot for the veteran dungeons and they made the "old" normal dungeons worthwhile as well.
    Answer ✓
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭

For example you can do Fungal Grotto normal with a lvl34 group leader and every mob/boss will be lvl 34. The loot which is dropped will be either lvl 34 or your characters level (if youre lower)

Ok. That sounds quite good. Looking forward to see how it works. I remeber there was a crude dungeon finder system in TESO, I plan to start tanking the dungeons at lvl 12, so I hope the mobs are not lvl 20 hehe. Should be intresting to see how that scale.

It will be intresting to see the rewards from that questline you mentioned.
  • Generic_08_15
    Generic_08_15
    ✭✭
    doggie wrote: »

Ok. That sounds quite good. Looking forward to see how it works. I remeber there was a crude dungeon finder system in TESO, I plan to start tanking the dungeons at lvl 12, so I hope the mobs are not lvl 20 hehe. Should be intresting to see how that scale.

It will be intresting to see the rewards from that questline you mentioned.

I started a new DK stamina tank 2 weeks ago and was tanking most of the dungeons up to lvl 36.

The dungeon finder tool works, but it is not really comfortable. It just throws 4 people together, and checks if you have all 3 archetypes filled (Tank, Dps, Healer) so that there is at least 1 tank and 1 heal in grp. It just isnt very clear to some people, that you have to mark yourself as tank/dd/heal because there is no pop-up window when you start the grouping tool, just those 3 tiny icons on the top right side. So to be sure, just ask your fellas what role they will do before you start ;)

I havent had problems with grouping in those 2 weeks. There are more and more people online and starting new characters. And because you dont have those strict level barriers, it is quite easy to find group members. If you cant find any members, then just ask in /zone or your guilds manually. Before starting, just talk to your group mates which level of the dungeon they prefer and change the group leader. Normal dungeons are not very difficult, so even if some of them are below the mob level (even 3-4 levels), it just works fine.