Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual Wield with different weapon enchantments? Like Frost and Flame? Get both extra damage?

ckbud
ckbud
✭✭✭
Hi,

I just have a general question about dual wielding. I put a frost enchantment on my first sword, and a fire enchantment on my second sword. When I attack an enemy, do I get extra frost and fire damage dealt to the enemy? Or just one? If just one, does it alternate?

A little confused and couldn't find a thread about this using search. Please explain if you know the answer.

Thanks,

CK
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey,
    they share the same timer, so every time just one of them can be activated. If you hit your enemy with both weapons at the same time, it seems random, which one occurs.
    I personally use fire + poison, as they both can activate a dot, but the damage difference between different enchantments is hardly noticable.
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    OK cool. Figured there wasn't a way to manage that. Thanks for the help lolo.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,
    they share the same timer, so every time just one of them can be activated. If you hit your enemy with both weapons at the same time, it seems random, which one occurs.
    I personally use fire + poison, as they both can activate a dot, but the damage difference between different enchantments is hardly noticable.

Are you sure about this? Because my main hand weapon always depletes at a much faster rate than my off-hand weapon.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Are you sure about this? Because my main hand weapon always depletes at a much faster rate than my off-hand weapon.

Mine doesn't, they deplee at the same rate, it's a bit random as to whjether the mob gets frozen or burned, but they deplete the same. (I will change the enchantment on my knife, just isn't worth it).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Off Hand weapon hardly ever needs to be recharged, while on main hand weapon frequently needs to be recharged. I have gotten to the point of putting a lessor enchantment (one made with say a Jejota instead of a Kuta on my off hand weapon) as the off hand does not seem to do that much.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, I tested it again today and it seems as if they changed the mechaniks in one of the latest updates.
    All enchantments have independent timers. But every action can just activate one enchantment:
    Light attack: The enchantment that is on the weapon that visually hits the target is used.
    Heavy attack: The weapon that hits first is used.
    Blood craze (and probably other morphs): Off-hand weapon enchantment.
    Rapid Strikes, Steeltornado, Flying Blade: Main-hand weapon enchantment.

If you use the comon rotation "blood craze, heavy attack, rapid strikes, heavy, rapid, ... blood craze will be the only attack that uses your off hand enchantment and therefor you have to recharge it not that often.
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    Cool. Thanks for your investigation lolo. That's very helpful information!
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I tested it again today and it seems as if they changed the mechaniks in one of the latest updates.
    All enchantments have independent timers. But every action can just activate one enchantment:
    Light attack: The enchantment that is on the weapon that visually hits the target is used.
    Heavy attack: The weapon that hits first is used.
    Blood craze (and probably other morphs): Off-hand weapon enchantment.
    Rapid Strikes, Steeltornado, Flying Blade: Main-hand weapon enchantment.

If you use the comon rotation "blood craze, heavy attack, rapid strikes, heavy, rapid, ... blood craze will be the only attack that uses your off hand enchantment and therefor you have to recharge it not that often.

Thanks a lot for this !

Does the off hand hit at 50% damage before passives and if so, do you know if the off hand weapon enchant is also affected by that -50% damage ?

Answer much appreciated !
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both weapons do full damage (mitigated by spell resist)

The new skill blade cloak procs the main hand enchantment on activation and on daggerthrow (if morphed to deadly cloak). If it is refreshed before the duration is over, it doesn't proc the enchantment.

Steeltornado seems not to proc any enchantment.