Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.0

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
OVERVIEW

This PTS patch is in preparation for Tamriel Unlimited, and contains some fixes for gameplay, itemization, and the Justice System. Please note that there will be additional fixes included in next week’s patch on the Live megaservers.

BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES

Tamriel Unlimited
  • Updated all in-game logos with new The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited logos.
  • Updated the initial start-up logo and game intro movies.
  • Updated all legal documents, which includes the following:
    • EULA
    • Terms of Service
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Conduct
  • Updated the credits and all copyright text.
  • Updated various tutorials that reference the name of the game.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Alliance War
General
  • Enemy keep bonuses have been restored!

Combat & Gameplay
Nightblade
  • Assassination
    • Grim Focus: This ability will now always play visual effects while it’s active so you know when the ability needs to be refreshed. We also fixed some visual issues with the spectral bow.

Templar
  • Restoring Light
    • Restoring Aura: This ability no longer removes major buffs from allies, such as Major Fortitude granted by Green Dragons Blood.

Armor
  • Light Armor
    • Concentration: Fixed an issue where this passive wasn’t granting any Spell Penetration.

World
  • Werewolf
    • Call of the Pack: Fixed an issue with this passive not correctly giving additional transformation time to nearby Werewolf allies. Call of the Pack now increases the duration of nearby allies’ Werewolf Transformation for 5 seconds at Rank I, and 10 seconds at Rank II when the caster activates Werewolf Transformation.
    • Tooltips for all Werewolf transformation abilities now show their duration.

Champion System
  • Fixed an issue where logging in with an existing unconverted character for the first time could restart the enlightenment process, once the process had begun.

Exploration & Itemization
Collections
  • Previewing a tabard while having a costume equipped will no longer cause your torso to disappear.

Item Sets
  • Burning Spellweave: Fixed an issue where this item set was giving Weapon Critical instead of Spell Critical.

Justice System
General
  • Renamed the purple-quality stealable item "Bolt of the Second Numidium” to “Bolt of the Nimidium.” Akulakhan will never realize its ability to transcend time. That right belongs to another golem.
  • Fixed an issue where you could receive bounty for a crime despite no visible witnesses being present.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you planning on running a test on subscribed vs non subscribed players?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zomg you gave MOAR spell pen? Time for me to hide in a corner #tanklife
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    When are you will fix Accelerating Drain?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

ESO Plus isn't activated for this particular patch, but we are running tests internally to make sure it's working properly.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about if there is a witness and you kill them?
    :trollin:
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO Plus isn't activated for this particular patch, but we are running tests internally to make sure it's working properly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks :) Any news on a State of the Game (Tell us features we will see before summer) post somewhere near 17th March ;)?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get horses fixed too please? The "fix" applied to the last patch has actually made them worse, they trip over every little rock now and stop randomly :D
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Can we get horses fixed too please? The "fix" applied to the last patch has actually made them worse, they trip over every little rock now and stop randomly :D
    Yeah. I never noticed an issue previously except in Cyrodiil. Now it's every 50ft, and I can't tell what the hell is causing it.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah. I never noticed an issue previously except in Cyrodiil. Now it's every 50ft, and I can't tell what the hell is causing it.

It's a known bug which was caused by 1.6. Ironically the 1.6 patch notes said they were fixing the rare occurrences of this happening, but it's happening now more than ever!
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no fixed dungeon xp?
    #MOREORBS
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
    Alliance War
    General
    • Enemy keep bonuses have been restored!

Good. Now can we please roll back and suspend the people that exploited this.

You know who they are.

They should be punished for taking advantage of the privilege of testing on the PTS to intentionally abuse a bug and not report it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this really WAS ESO 2.0 all along :o

Hehe. It changed enough to deserve it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so no 1.7? Instead it's gonna be Patch 2.1?

Well, I'll be damned!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

It's a known bug which was caused by 1.6. Ironically the 1.6 patch notes said they were fixing the rare occurrences of this happening, but it's happening now more than ever!

Then it is no longer a rare occurrence now is it! ;)

Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello again. Any update at all on when stamina Sorc changes are in the pipeline? I know it must be a very busy time there but I'm just wondering if there is a general timeframe you all are looking at. Also, is there any comment on now multiple people across different classes reporting their spell crit rates to be 10% less than the displayed value? Players are starting to pinpoint that perhaps it is the Light Armor passive that provides crit.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    So this really WAS ESO 2.0 all along :o

Hehe. It changed enough to deserve it.

Plus, it is transforming to Tamriel Unlimited, there really is no better time. The game has come so far since initial launch, glad I've been around for so much of it (since June 10th of last year)~

Sure, it still has its share of bugs, but damn, even console games have their bugs. In Skyrim, from jumping onto a barrel in a little area within Whiterun, jumping from it to outside the city then running to around the back of it, you could pass right through a certain rock, and run under the building for the Companions (Jorvaskir or something like that...) and get a whooooole bunch of items and even gold you spent recently back from a gravity defying chest. xD
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Orihara_Izaya
    Orihara_Izaya
    ✭✭✭
    So we can expect never to have an expansion pack for this game? I mean you just up'd the version number to 2.0 which is typically an expansion.
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    So we can expect never to have an expansion pack for this game? I mean you just up'd the version number to 2.0 which is typically an expansion.

it's typically a reference to the second year since the game launched, which is pretty close i guess

also, no jesus beam & nirnhoned fix? tafak
    Edited by Aimelin on March 13, 2015 5:56PM
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    any plans on fixing Dragonknight passive ability battle roar?
    it supposed to recover small amount of hp/magicka/stamina but instead it nearly full recovers all resources on ultimate use.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, please fix this asap. most uncomfortable thing
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No horse fix. No nirnhoned spell pen fix. No camo hunter perm wep effects fix. No XP boosts for NON GRINDING activities.

A whole lot of nothing pretty much.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail. The note said to contact support if this persists more than an hour, and I've already done a repair cycle.
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    When are you will fix Accelerating Drain?
    This skill is still broken and does not give the correct bonus. When you compare it to other skills that give a 40% movement speed it isn't even close. The animation works but the skill does not. Any news on fixing this ZOS?

This is the vampire morph for 17sec movement speed increased by 40% after a drain. Everyone try it out and compare it to the alliance skill that gives you a 40% move boost. I don't think enough people are reporting it.
    Edited by EsORising on March 13, 2015 7:20PM
  • Demeos
    Demeos
    ✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    I'm getting Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail. The note said to contact support if this persists more than an hour, and I've already done a repair cycle.

Same and same.

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the aiming of conal AOE's going to be fixed?

Before 1.6, when I used Carve, my character would turn in the direction I had the recticle pointed and the attack would fire.

Now, when I use carve, my character stays pointed the wrong way, often in the opposite direction of where i'm aiming, and the attack goes off into thin air.

This also seems to be effecting nightblade refreshing path skill as well.

If this was intentional, it is certainly undesirable, it was also unanounced in the patch notes.
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing about XP in dungeons/PVP...You honestly want us to grind constantly just to reach VR14...Wow.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RunAway wrote: »
    Still nothing about XP in dungeons/PVP...You honestly want us to grind constantly just to reach VR14...Wow.

Nope, can't do that either since they nerf every grind spot
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there anything you want tested specifically?
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    oops.. 17th is next week....
    Edited by Romo on March 13, 2015 8:41PM
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Renamed the purple-quality stealable item "Bolt of the Second Numidium” to “Bolt of the Nimidium.” Akulakhan will never realize its ability to transcend time. That right belongs to another golem.

Typo, or on purpose?
    Edited by LadyNerevar on March 13, 2015 9:15PM
    Librarian at the Imperial Library