Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

$20 upgrade to console?

Mennok
Mennok
Soul Shriven
Hi All,

I have the imperial edition with the explorer pack for PC, I want to know if i need to preorder again for the console ( xbox ) or if the $20 upgrade that was mentioned will give me the same "rights" as my pc account, namely imperial edition with explorer pack

Thanks in advance,

Mennok
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Did you already purchase 20 transfer to console? My understanding it was limited time offer that expired last June
  • Mennok
    Mennok
    Soul Shriven
    I have not purchased it, but i thought it was coming with the pre-order for the console. S wait you are saying i will need to pre-order the console version as well
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The limited thing refers to PC version activation. You had to redeem your game code before the end of June last year. I have no idea what transfers to console though. Maybe ask Customer Support?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could it have been a limited time offer when you couldn't actually transfer to console yet (since the console versions aren't coming for another couple months)?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could it have been a limited time offer when you couldn't actually transfer to console yet (since the console versions aren't coming for another couple months)?
    It was a limited time offer for those who were affected by the delaying of the console version from the expected release time-frame last year, to this.

ZOS did it to try to prevent a mass exodus of potential purchasers of the console game when it became apparent there was going to be at least a 6 months delay (it turned out more like a year).

Their sales pitch to those wanting to play on a console was "buy the PC version and play now then, for a cut-price you can buy the console version when it's released and have a one-time transfer of your character(s) to the console".

THAT's why it was one-time and limited to June last-year.

Edited by Kragorn on March 6, 2015 8:54AM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    The limited thing refers to PC version activation. You had to redeem your game code before the end of June last year. I have no idea what transfers to console though. Maybe ask Customer Support?
    AIUI from what a 'green' posted in the last few weeks, the 'transfer' is now a 'clone' operation.

On the day it happens your characters (all of them I would expect, but don't know for sure) are COPIED to the console; the key word here is COPY and not MOVE, thus my term 'clone'.

Once your characters are on the console they still exist and are playable on the PC server, it's up to you whether to continue to play (or not) to play them on the PC or simply abandon them there and progress only on the console: note that each version of a character is unique to the platform, there is no cross-platform transfer of data of any kind after the copy is done so character progress is entirely per-platform.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 6, 2015 8:59AM
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mennok wrote: »
    if the $20 upgrade that was mentioned will give me the same "rights" as my pc account, namely imperial edition with explorer pack

From what I have read, tweets and forum posts, your same rights will transfer with the $20 console transfer (copy). Namely Imperial and Explorer flags.
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on March 6, 2015 3:57PM
  • Mennok
    Mennok
    Soul Shriven
    Would be nice to get a green reply, is not very clear from what they put out there.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For 14.99 EUR/12.99 GBP/ 20.00 AUS, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mennok wrote: »
    Would be nice to get a green reply, is not very clear from what they put out there.

Actually, it is fairly clear from what they put out there. For instance:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26761/kw/Console transfer

and

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26762/kw/Console transfer

or

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21326/kw/Console transfer

From the last link: "This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it."
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on March 6, 2015 4:52PM
  • Mennok
    Mennok
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all for their replies.

I get that the transfer will include all the account "perks". But i am getting the gist that now, since i did not purchase before June 2014, i will not be able to purchase the console transfer.

That just plain sucks, it means i have to either decide to keep playing on pc or for over the money for digital preorder on console.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the huge delay that has now happened ZOS really should make that offer again for a short time.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 9, 2015 2:38PM
  • Mennok
    Mennok
    Soul Shriven
    We can only hope!
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they won't I just picked up game because of the free to play but pc transfers will just dominate pvp against new players. I just picture everyone with crit buff from cp vampires instant killing low lvls. It'll prob destroy pvp for console if everyone can transfer
  • Mennok
    Mennok
    Soul Shriven
    All i want is to not have to buy the game with all the nifty things again ( imperial, explorer )