The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

radiant destruction range needs to be within that of gap closers

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that basically every random Templar's opener these days is an execute is probably not related to said execute being broken as ***.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The fact that basically every random Templar's opener these days is an execute is probably not related to said execute being broken as ***.

/thread
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the contrary this is going wonderfully, now you are admitting as we go that you are not just hitting 1 key and pwning ppl, this may be painful for you but we will get the whole story.

you are lying and exaggerating in order to try and prove a point, bad form my dear.

still waiting to see a screenshot of your stats, oh btw what jewelry are you wearing?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    on the contrary this is going wonderfully, now you are admitting as we go that you are not just hitting 1 key and pwning ppl, this may be painful for you but we will get the whole story.

you are lying and exaggerating in order to try and prove a point, bad form my dear.

still waiting to see a screenshot of your stats, oh btw what jewelry are you wearing?

I havent lied a single time in this thread. I will answer no further questions or replies, and you MAY have the final word because anyone who reads the full context of these posts up until here knows I have completely proven you wrong on every count in every way. You are literally trying to win on technicality and loophole now while the very core and meat of the entire argument has been proven rock solid. Who cares about one I not being dotted when the rest of the sentence is iron clad. You lose, sir.

Have a good day.
    Edited by Rylana on March 8, 2015 8:42AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Last night I took the templar out for a spin.

All I can say is LOL at any one of you defending this skill. I was a god dude. Sometimes I had to cast it a second time, sure, but EVERYONE i tab targeted with this skill was dead within five-six seconds. They couldnt do a damn thing to stop me either. I had people try to crushing shock me. My blazing shield absorbed that, recast jesus beam again. I had people try to charge me, I backed up. I had people try to run from me, I chased them.

You all saying its "easy to counter" are just the laughingstock, seriously. Stop spreading around lies.

First time ive ever had 150 kills in a night on an otherwise dedicated healer.

PROTIP - it costs so little to cast, go ahead and interrupt it once or twice, I will beat you at that game, youll use a lot more interrupting me than I will casting it. And thats the sad part.

Congratulations on targeting low health people who were either incapable or too inexperienced to prevent their inevitable death. You are definitely a god to be worshiped...

I was targeting people at full health and recasting as needed. No "sniping" here. Hell I went straight up in the face of Libellus on DC side (another templar) and we basically radiant each other to resourced out. I must have had a larger magicka pool.

Basically I dont need anything else on my bar to get kills. Repentance for stam, breath of life for heals, blazing shield to keep those pesky melee off of me (and for some shield defense), and then radiant to kill things. Magelight goes on the last slot.

Its this whole inevitability thing. The skill costs so little to cast and recast that I dont need to do anything else, even at a full health bar ticking for 2k a pulse, it still causes my opponent to do "something" to counter (heal, cast shields, use a interrupt skill if they can, all of which cost more than the ability itself). Then I just cast it again, and again, and again if need be. Sooner or later it reaches that magic moment where those pulses jump to 7300 and its over (averages 2-3 casts). War of attrition and this one skill by itself is so cheap, and so lethal, that in my 20 odd years of playing MMOs and other video games its actually made it to the top three most broken skills I have ever seen. (Number 1 is Surgical Stikes in STO, and number 2 was Force Maelstrom in SWG, both skills did/do insane armor bypass damage with no mitigating counter for them)

There is a reason everyone is using it. Its not because its new. Its not because its shiny. Well maybe it is a little shiny, but... The reason people use it is because its EASY KILLS. Push button, receive bacon. No muss no fuss, and the very definition of an I win button. Mine is the four key. Which one is yours on?

Fact: all executes are good (except the DK one that is too cumbersome to use efficiently). You get hit with endless fury, impale, executioner, or, get this, radiant destruction, you are pretty much dead and there is little you can do about it. So, again, congratulations for executing low health targets. I do it every time I log onto my sorcerer, more effectively, quicker, and safer every time I go into Cyordiil.

Fact 2: This is a low DPS skill. Go ahead and join an AA group and pay attention to how the Templars DPS. If your logic is correct, they only need this one skill and spam it. They don;t. So either you are right and every other Templar is wrong or you are wrong and every other Templar recognizes this skill is only worth casting against low health targets...like all executes.

As far as you just pressing that button, the only reason you were racking up kills is because other players were actually DPSing effectively and burned down the enemies shields and defenses until that "magic moment" appeared and you actually meaningfully contributed DPS. Go ahead and duel and try your spam theory and see how far it will get you. You can only spam this skill because other players are taking enemy fire and contributing the necessary DPS for it to be effective.

In the span of just a few days I have already seen the better players adapt at defending against this skill. You are just wasting your mana and leaving yourself open to the enemy is you hit this button as you claim against any competent opponent.

Yes, this skill has killed many people - as all ranged executes do - and a lot of them are light armor DKs who are so used to to just wading into 20 people flapping their wings expecting to survive. I've used this skill and have had it used against me. It really is not that hard to defend against.

1. PvE is irrelevant, this is PvP. Vs PvE enemies with half a million or more health the situation is a lot different vs players with less than 30k on average.

2. War of resource management. I never claimed this was a dual spec, I dont duel. Duels do not determine what is a good group PvP build and what is not. Stop trying to justify your point by changing the circumstances of the fight to fit your needs. I was in 12v12 or higher numbers the entire time.

3. Keep fooling yourself into the misguided belief that I was leeching on others damage to get my kills, that always is the go-to argument for any counterclaim. Anecdotally I remember very specifically burning down a DK completely without any assistance because I was isolated and CCed off to the side and had to go through him to rejoin my stack.

4. To the guy above, Talons has always been broken, I dont beat that dead horse, so dont claim I am biased, I know whats broken and what isnt.

1. You're right, it is PvP. With intelligent player who put up damage shields, heal themselves, and counter player attacks unlike the predictable bag of hit points in PvE. You need Burst DPS and this spell is not it unless you use it as intended. If you try your Jesus beam on me while I have over half health, you will not kill me without the assistance of other players.

2. Not changing the circumstances. You are the one creating an ideal set of circumstances to suit your needs, a 12 v 12 engagement where you can hide behind the front lines and leech kills of people who actually do meaningful damage to opponents over 50% health. You said you can just spam this I win button and "I just cast it again, and again, and again." Clearly not since it wont work in a situation where you have an opponent actively defending against you.

3. You are a kill stealing vulture if you just cast this "again, and again, and again." Players who are actually using meaningful damage skills like crushing shock, snipe, and uppercut and are burning down enemy shields and resources in a timely matter deserve the kills. As do those taking enemy fire so you cant stand there without defending yourself for the 12 seconds it takes to spam this skill 4 times.

4. You are beating a dead horse here.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

I havent lied a single time in this thread. I will answer no further questions or replies, and you MAY have the final word because anyone who reads the full context of these posts up until here knows I have completely proven you wrong on every count in every way. You are literally trying to win on technicality and loophole now while the very core and meat of the entire argument has been proven rock solid. Who cares about one I not being dotted when the rest of the sentence is iron clad. You lose, sir.

Have a good day.

you have proven nothing, simply posting a screenshot of your stats or even a video doing what you claim would be at least something.

You know you can't prove it and that is why you are bowing out now right after you were asked for proof. You are still a liar and drama queen.

As a friend of mine would say "nice try dickcheese"
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record: You cannot steal kills from another player.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do the "jesus beam" still continue to work, even when the target breaks range or line-of-sight during the duration?
    if so, this should be fixed (a range + line of sight check on each Channel Tick, basically)

Also, does the beam go into "full execute" mode once the target falls below 50% health, or is it a slow ramp-on damage increase ala the two hander skill "executioneer"? It's supposed to be the later I think...

But while the abouve issues certainly need fixing, I don't see a problem with the skills damage per se...
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    @Morvul
    1. Yes.
    2. it goes full execute on the first tick regardless, then ramps up from normal at execute health exactly like executioner but channeled.
    Edited by glak on March 9, 2015 12:10AM
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    We also deserve to cleanse it (cleanse, purge, cloak) .. Just like we can cleanse soul strike.

As soon as we can CC break Talons, I'll be right behind you.

I can dodge roll out of Talons, and not much from the Radiants...
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar's aren't pushovers anymore, get used to it. Us Sorcs have had it to good to long time for some others to have their fun.
  • Halfwitte
    Halfwitte
    ✭✭✭
    What constitutes a random templar? Can't anyone being assaulted by these random templars just interrupt said randoms with like say a bash or using a ranged interrupt? Might it be time to save a spot on your 2 skill bars for at the least 1 ranged interrupt/stun since all these randoms are using a ranged channeled cast ability? Of course all these randoms are going to be using it. They've been dps starved and deprived for a while now and they're scared with all the QQ about how OP it is that ZOS is going to beat it to death with the nerf bat. ZOS might kill the only ability they've been really excited about using since day one. ZOS might take away a nice dps ability that makes them feel like they're contributing to the overall dps as a dps. ZOS could destroy an ability that they can use on boss fights as healers when no healing is required in that moment and they can do something other than heal. I'm sure this one new addition to the templar tree has really breathed some life into this class and there are lots of selfish people on the forums trying to take that from them without even so much as taking the time to figure out a work around. All this fuss, because people aren't used to being killed by templars and now they're capable of being a real threat outside of healing. Seriously it can be countered. There are so many other things that require Zenimax's attention besides an ability with a viable counter that a bunch of random templars are having fun with for a change.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars will defend

Realists won't

F The Jesus-beam 9-40k Dmg spam
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Last night I took the templar out for a spin.

All I can say is LOL at any one of you defending this skill. I was a god dude. Sometimes I had to cast it a second time, sure, but EVERYONE i tab targeted with this skill was dead within five-six seconds. They couldnt do a damn thing to stop me either. I had people try to crushing shock me. My blazing shield absorbed that, recast jesus beam again. I had people try to charge me, I backed up. I had people try to run from me, I chased them.

You all saying its "easy to counter" are just the laughingstock, seriously. Stop spreading around lies.

First time ive ever had 150 kills in a night on an otherwise dedicated healer.

PROTIP - it costs so little to cast, go ahead and interrupt it once or twice, I will beat you at that game, youll use a lot more interrupting me than I will casting it. And thats the sad part.

This coming from the person with the most unbelievably warped/biased view of the game I have ever seen. Remember this? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/148340/standard-of-might-nerfed#latest

I honestly don't believe a word you say, no one else should either. Let ZOS fix the bug, then we'll see. Hard to judge an ability that is bugged.

With all your comments on a skill that is not counterable for melee players you´re doing your best to push rylana off the biased throne ;)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I can't believe nobody has thought of this yet, just make it an instant cast and do away with the channeling. End of problem. That would make it dodgable and at the same time would stop the crazy damage scaling going on with it.

On a side note, sure is fun reading all the tears about Templars finally being viable though. I'm sure that with enough crying, you will all get what you want: Elder Dresses and Sticks Online, just like the good old days right?