Maintenance for the week of October 2:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 3, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Has the Mac client been abandoned?
I am concerned that with the recent announcements to the game's subscription model that what little funding development on the Mac client that exists will be diminished even further leading to an abandoned product (much like the GW2 Mac "port" which is useless).
The Mac client is still filled with so many issues it is nearly unplayable. Here's a few that I personally experience:
- I crash almost every time I use a way shrine (roughly about 80% of the time).
- I'm burning through a fortune in repair bills and soul gems due to frequent crashes in PVE combat. (Engage in mob, swing for attack or use ability, immediate crash, mob kills unresponsive character, log back in to dead character).
- Occasionally in combat the controls are unresponsive, cannot attack or use abilities.
- Upon entering a town or building I usually have to do a /reloadui to get the textures to load. Sometimes entering a building there are no walls, just a white void with furniture.
- Various cosmetic/ui issues. For example, if I purchase a bank upgrade, the text says "Increase bank size to <<1>> items?" Also /bug and /help still do not function (the submit button is not clickable).
I haven't seen a Zenimax post on this forum in months and unless I missed something the Mac client hasn't been mentioned in any recent patch notes. There is still no official Yosemite support despite the OS being out since October. Is there any development being done on this? Can we please get some kind of feedback on the current state of the Mac client?