Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2h vs. DW

Hamanu
Hamanu
Soul Shriven
I am just starting a NB and I have seen in chat and a few places in forums people talking about NB STA builds using 2h. So I am here to ask which is better 2h or DW. Is there a real difference other than the weapon skills themselves? I am currently only level 7 with my NB but I have 2 level 4 one hand axes on and my skills all say they do x amount of damage. When I put my level 4 2h sword on that has a higher weapon damage rating than one of my axes but not both, the damage on my skills drops. So just from what I can see there is no real benefit to 2h. Am I missing something?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prior to v1.6 the damage of 2H weapons had been nerfed to a similar level to 1H weapons. I seem to recall that the weapon skill-lines had similar damage boosts but that DW had a range and AoE while 2H had a Stun and Immobilise. In addtion one of the 2h Passives increases Stamina Regen. It's possible that the people who like the 2H builds like having the CC and regen.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    As of 1.6 I would suggest

2h >> DW

2h more ST damage
    2h disable
    2h much superior heal

DW a eh, ranged attack no one uses
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^

This guy..2H is soo much more powerful and sustaining...groups of mobs are 0 issue with 2handers. Brawler/Rally = Profit.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a cloak now instead of sparks in DW.
    This does local AoE DoT like the old skyrim destruction cloaks.
    You also have a single target heal on hit and area stamina recovery on hit.
    Sounds like it is much more clunky and difficult to use then 2h though.
    Not convinced weapon poison/fire etc is hitting as often as it should though.
    Almost like the fire/poison is only on crit its so rare.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 9, 2015 1:20PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited