Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Noob Asks "What's the Point of Enchanting - Or am I missing the Obvious?"

Elephant42
Elephant42
✭✭✭✭
Subject says it all. I'm a L15 about to leave Auridon and so far I've found far more ready to use Glyphs than runes. The potency runes are particularly shy...
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main reason to level enchanting is so when you get to high level you can craft nice legendary glyphs and such.. Also some enchants can't be gotten from drops like Disease, shield, potion effectiveness, weapon damage etc etc.

- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm that weapon damage one sounds tasty - tks for the reply.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to learn about what glyphs and stuff you can make, this is a pretty good guide.

http://tamrieljournal.com/crafting-and-professions/enchanting/

Enchanting can take a fair time to level alas.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can loot only white glyphs, which are useless later on. Glyphs don't make much difference at lower levels, so I usually don't use them at all or put together some spare runes, but my veterans wear fully enchanted gear.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting is the trickiest craft to master. The quickest way to lvl it is to save your mats up and get someone to craft high lvl glyphs for you to deconstruct. Jojota with potency 8 works well and isn't to costly to buy and make lots to deconstruct.
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You can loot only white glyphs, which are useless later on. Glyphs don't make much difference at lower levels, so I usually don't use them at all or put together some spare runes, but my veterans wear fully enchanted gear.

Leveling up is tough, but like most of the crafting, you can make better than you can buy and most times loot. I have 3 char with level 50 Enchanting that make some fantastic glyphs for weapons, jewelry, and armor. I can add over 100 health to one piece of armor. My fav weapon glyph is unresistible damage.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about the crafting writs,.(daily Quests); they give out some good inspiration points.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the good tips everyone...
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    glyphs at low level dont really matter so much in the sense that you can just use whatever you come across in the world and plop it on whatever gear you be using. weapon runs out of juice? no prob! just drop a new looted glyph for a full recharge.
    at mid levels the same applies, yet you may find a couple weak spots that are worth patching with player-made glyphs. for example: if you are having power or stamina issues a nice hefty Absorb Stamina/Magica glyph on your weapon goes a long way.
    at high level enchanting really shines and you can use all those purple/golds you've been saving (hopefully!) to make wickedawesome buffs for all your gear.

like @ashlee17 sed, its def the hardest to level. you can either work two or more enchanters like @barmarchub17_ESO does and bounce the enchantments each makes back n forth for deconstruction or find a friend who enchants as well and get them to feed the beast with the mats you send them.