The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roleplaying an Ashlander - the Head Piece

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTfmiODc0g

go to about 8:45 of this video for some ashlander sightings
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when people compliment you on your clothing or armor and say

" this clothing is like unto ashlanders "

ask them if they are referring to the ashlanders of skyrim or the ashlanders of morrowind.
    because there is a big difference.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 1, 2014 3:19PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! So NOW I understand why you became so excited by that Orc Shaman's outfit :)
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when people compliment you on your clothing or armor and say

" this clothing is like unto ashlanders "

ask them if they are referring to the ashlanders of skyrim or the ashlanders of morrowind.
    because there is a big difference.

Must be, as this is the character that so pleased that fellow that day.....I still have no idea why. And he didn't say Ashlander. He only said it reminded him of Morrowind.

BellaintheBank_zps9d9bc948.png

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Nice :) I tried to find medium armour in Morrowind for them and I found something I would describe as some kind of hide wrap :) So I guess for ESO it would be anything with hides :)
    Edited by Mandragora on December 5, 2014 1:21AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    btw speaking of art of Morrowind : http://michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/
    For me it is Michael Kirkbride who created the heart of Morrowind. I may be wrong, but He has that kind of craziness I can feel there what makes the game special for me.
    And craziness is usually something what makes an ordinary - unique :)
    Edited by Mandragora on December 5, 2014 1:21AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    btw speaking of art of Morrowind : http://michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/
    For me it is Michael Kirkbride who created the heart of Morrowind. I may be wrong, but He has that kind of craziness I can feel there what makes the game special for me.
    And craziness is usually something what makes an ordinary - unique :)

that link, wow ...

Edited by Gilvoth on December 5, 2014 1:56AM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice :) I tried to find medium armour in Morrowind for them and I found something I would describe as some kind of hide wrap :) So I guess for ESO it would be anything with hides :)

That's a combination of the Primal and Barbaric motifs. One nice thing about those is that their style remains consistent across levels. Others, for reasons that I don't understand and, frankly, annoy me, change with level.

Thus you start out with a nice style, say Bosmer, that shows off your character's shoulders and attractive midriff, and BOOM at level 26 the style goes utterly conservative and modest.

Wish we could keep level independent from style. After all, the whole level thing is happening only in the game stats, not in the story arc.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is my problem too. In some other MMO you could place your favourite armour into costume slot. Here is disguise so maybe if it would be possible to place used armour there, or maybe if it would be possible to craft an existing armour into disguise?
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord of the Rings Online is a good example of that. In that game, with cosmetic slots separate from equipment slots, many an item with zero tactical value had immense appearance value. Plus you had the dressing room feature where you could see on the fly how something would look on your character.

It rather doubles the scope of loot value and adds depth to the game.

After all the leveling is done, the dungeons have been delved, trials completed, all that, these games become alternate worlds we live in, albeit in a digital manner. We become part of that virtual civilization and a huge portion of anything remotely civilized is fashion.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on December 5, 2014 3:10PM
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    After all the leveling is done, the dungeons have been delved, trials completed, all that, these games become alternate worlds we live in, albeit in a digital manner. We become part of that virtual civilization and a huge portion of anything remotely civilized is fashion.

Yes, this is exactly also my thoughts how I would like to see ESO - they even changed layers so you dont have enemies in some areas when you already conquered them.
    I would love to play next story of my character I carefully builded with more intrigue or just ordinary life.
    Lord of the Rings Online is a good example of that. In that game, with cosmetic slots separate from equipment slots, many an item with zero tactical value had immense appearance value. Plus you had the dressing room feature where you could see on the fly how something would look on your character.

It rather doubles the scope of loot value and adds depth to the game.

I was curious if ESO has any kind of cosmetic and I coudnt imagine anything better and diferent from LOTRO - the master of cosmetics.
    But I was surprised how elegant and original solution they added.

Still the part where you can choose freely equipment which you would add as a costume/disguise is missing, so I would make it craftable from the equipment you wear - right click - choose - make disguise :)
    Edited by Mandragora on December 6, 2014 11:45AM
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe devs are afraid that the in-game disguises would lose meaning. But I think if they would make them more original - not just a piece of equipment you can craft, but really something unique, they would still be precious and ppl would want to keep them, but also they would get the choice to have more ordinary like disguise from crafted equipment.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    to dwemer_paleologist: yes, the webpage is amazing :) I knew you will like it :)
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe devs are afraid that the in-game disguises would lose meaning. But I think if they would make them more original - not just a piece of equipment you can craft, but really something unique, they would still be precious and ppl would want to keep them, but also they would get the choice to have more ordinary like disguise from crafted equipment.

I'm not sure it's all that involved but more a matter of feature priorities, available time and matters far more mundane.

It makes it difficult, though, because I won't wear the upper level style on some characters for some pieces. This puts me at an immense disadvantage as I level beyond 26.

I have VR characters with level 24 chest pieces because there is no armor motif that provided the style I want on that character at level 26 or higher. In group play this isn't really fair. Thus I end up abandoning the character at VR 10 - the point where you really have to group to carry on.

Yeah, it's a quirk certainly but, damn it, if I'm at the top of the crafting tier for armor I should be able to choose the look of it from those made available to me earlier. I choose the style, I choose the material. Otherwise I'm not really *crafting* at all.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And speaking of Ashlanders, after their attempt on the life of Sebaya Indoril, it looks like they're going to war against them.....

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    cool, looks fun :) maybe I will join some guild :)
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xes1D3E.png?1

|H1:item:44252:70:50:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :20 :0 :1 :412:0|h|h
    Drops from Dylora as well as the 'Travelling Dremora' and likely others.

gojG6wf.png?1

|H1:item:44245:65:50 :26580 :116 :50 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :20 :0 :1 :10000:0|h|h
    Drops from Dylora as well as the 'Travelling Dremora' and likely others.

Level of the item, as always, is the same as level or veteran rank of the Dark Anchor mobs.

Item code should have no spaces in.
    Edited by Teiji on January 7, 2015 2:04PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Not to necro,but I posted the Mask of Darkest Seducer in zone trying to buy and people didn't think it was real LOL.