Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which class to duo w/ friend

uLDominator
uLDominator
Soul Shriven
My friend is picking up the game since ESO is about to go B2P. He plans on going a stamina build Nightblade, likely 2handed/DW.

I was wondering what you guys think would compliment his character in a duo PvE / casual PvP environment. I'm only really interested in DK or Templar, just a matter of playstyle I suppose. Ideally I'd avoid a stamina build so we don't share loot.

The idea of Healer/Tank Templar with Radiant Aura sounds fun, but I've never leveled beyond 30 so I'm not sure how well it would synergize down the road.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think any class pick up will be a good one for a duo. I'd personally choose either a Templar or DK, here are some considerations though (And I'll include Sorc/Nightblade for other peeps just as info)

Templar
    • Has great class healing abilities, you will find these very helpful (especially breathe of life)
    • Other two class skill lines provide all around single target DPS, AoE damage and a variety of debuffs
    • Is relatively easy to play through content

Dragonknight (I haven't played DK class, so going from what others say)
    • Class abilities are all around great, lots of AoE synergizing potential to help clear content.
    • Very high tanking & survivability potential.
    • Powerful class that's still very easy to pick up and be a strong player

Sorcerer
    • Class abilities provide strong debilitating effects.
    • Strong single target DPS and execute
    • Fun abilities (Pets, Bolt Escape)

Nightblade
    • Strong stealth attack potential, which can be twice as strong with two nightblades :smile:
    • Class abilities provide a well rounded arsenal, including Stealth (get out of combat free card), Impale (strong execute ability) and Siphon (Long range magika ability that provides self-healing)

Again I think you could make any of these work, but Templar heals are very good and Dragonknight is always a good choice. Nightblade would be fun and still work, and I think Sorc could work as well but that would be my last pick up. All of these classes have great synergy abilities so you won't go wrong there.
    Edited by LunaRae on February 26, 2015 9:29PM
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • uLDominator
    uLDominator
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome info. I'm leaning towards Templar since they seem diverse enough to let me alter my role if I change my mind at higher levels.

On a side note, is it feasible to level as both a Tank and Healer Templar? I'd like to bounce effectively between both while leveling without having to respec each time or worry about morphs/attributes.

Thanks.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend is picking up the game since ESO is about to go B2P. He plans on going a stamina build Nightblade, likely 2handed/DW.

I was wondering what you guys think would compliment his character in a duo PvE / casual PvP environment. I'm only really interested in DK or Templar, just a matter of playstyle I suppose. Ideally I'd avoid a stamina build so we don't share loot.

The idea of Healer/Tank Templar with Radiant Aura sounds fun, but I've never leveled beyond 30 so I'm not sure how well it would synergize down the road.

I would say that is the best choice, in 1.6 templars are a fine choice and templar dps/heal build is looking great. im excited to start playing mine in the update
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @uLDominator., just be aware there will be times when you're forced to solo some content.

Some entire quest lines, such as Main Story and the Fighters and Mages Guilds are totally done in solo instances. Even in open-world quest lines there are some individual 'dungeon' boss fights/instances even though the rest of the quest is doable in a group.

So, you need to be able to run solo at times even though you intend to play as a duo most of the time.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've leveled both a magicka dk and a magicka temp with my wife's 2 nb's (a stam DW/2h nb with my temp and a magicka nb with my dk).

So having done the exact combo you are thinking my thoughts (this is based on 1.5.0-1.5.8 not 1.6 which is releasing this week). My recommendation would be Templar (especially if you all are planning to go vampire). Templar are very easy and they way I played mine provided for high damage and great survivability while allowing me to heal the wife. With vampire combo the nb suffers a bit from the lack of health regen...this is a non issue when you're with a Templar as 1 button after battle fixes you up (I would recommend a race with fire resist passives if you go vampire though...fire is bad!).

Dk + nb is much squishier as you both must rely on self heals (or take a resto staff, which helps a lot)...that said once your dk gets green dragon blood and if you use sword and board you're pretty darn invincible....an example (I'm only to 44, the nb is now vr1) last night I was soloing in cold harbor, pulling 2 sets (6 npcs) two levels above me and I'm wearing level 40 gear. I also usually get my ultimate built up run into a delve and just run through till I get low on health or reach the boss/quest/skyshard drop battle standard, talons, fire breath...a few more whacks and everything is dead. Fight 1-2 pulls to get ultimate back up and rinse repeat. I cannot speak too much for the nb but I do know that 2h is crazy in my wife's nb she at vr10 could 1 shot VR 10 clothies in craglorn...