Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Willows Path

Trayyacakes
Trayyacakes
✭✭✭✭
So back when ZOS changed all the Set Bonuses the Willows Path Set was suppose to be all about Regen.

2pcs: Magicka Regen
3pcs: Stamina Regen
4pcs: Health Regen
5pcs: increases all Regen by 15%.

That got changed to what it is now because of the outcry by people that already had the set created and didn't want to lose there spell crit. Since 1.6 is changing everything, and crit isn't anywhere near as good as it was. Is there anyway possible that the Willows Path set can be a full regen set as was proposed then?@ZOS_GinaBruno
Bjorn Uldnost
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it's current incarnation is pretty much garbage.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Been wondering if regeneration is even the way to go in 1.6. The damage is based on highest stats so seems to me armor with all stat bonuses is the way to go. I always went willow path and seducer set but seems to do much less damage now. Tried switching to oblivion foe and arena sets get more damage but run out of magic and stamina to fast so really don't know which way to go. Think they trying to force us to go more with stat bonuses to make us use weapons and staffs to regen magic and stamina but just a guess. Don't really see and good armor to use any more.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

You sure ? Really ?

• Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    Been wondering if regeneration is even the way to go in 1.6. The damage is based on highest stats so seems to me armor with all stat bonuses is the way to go. I always went willow path and seducer set but seems to do much less damage now. Tried switching to oblivion foe and arena sets get more damage but run out of magic and stamina to fast so really don't know which way to go. Think they trying to force us to go more with stat bonuses to make us use weapons and staffs to regen magic and stamina but just a guess. Don't really see and good armor to use any more.

It depends on the role you want to fill in combat. If you are trying to tank/control zergs while the rest of your group kills them regeneration is a great way to go. Dueling Regen is probably terrible. 1vX regen probably won't work, will have good survivability, but relatively no killing power.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that with 1.6 and a bit of thinking you can have very high regen as well as really decent burst ... So many armor sets availlable between the droped ones and the crafted. So many new possibilities with softcaps removal.
    Edited by Vanzen on February 28, 2015 3:37PM
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »

I don't know about that. Standard attacks play a part but there are still several morph options that boost return. The dual wield for stamina and the sorcerer ultimate to get magic back come to mind. There is also a constellation that is all about regeneration and resource return. I agree that damage still seems to be about a high maximum pool.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

You sure ? Really ?
    Uh ya, for realizes. They took away mag and stam regen for max mag and spell crit. The spell crit it provides in 1.6 is crap and stacking regen would be the only excuse to use this instead of seducer in 1.6. Seducer provides 2 +123 mag regen bonuses + 8% spell cost reduction. The current willows only gives 15% regen, so from a magicka point of view, it would have to provide substantial regen over seducer to justify losing the 8% spell cost reduction.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed

PC EU
    PvP only
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to see different regenerations on same set. Its just stupid.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

You sure ? Really ?
    Uh ya, for realizes. They took away mag and stam regen for max mag and spell crit. The spell crit it provides in 1.6 is crap and stacking regen would be the only excuse to use this instead of seducer in 1.6. Seducer provides 2 +123 mag regen bonuses + 8% spell cost reduction. The current willows only gives 15% regen, so from a magicka point of view, it would have to provide substantial regen over seducer to justify losing the 8% spell cost reduction.

Self buffed DK/WW. 99 cp invested. 5h/2L. Potions/GDB/Entropy/ Hardened armor
    1980 mag/reg
    1275 health/reg
    1275 stam/reg
    1800 spell power
    22k mag. 22k health. 10k stam.
    24k spell resist. 22k Armor.

Sure, this armor sucks big time ...
    Edited by Vanzen on March 2, 2015 8:20AM
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for double
    Edited by Vanzen on March 2, 2015 8:11AM
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭

umm Why? Regen helps everyone. Everyone needs stam regen for break free. Everyone needs magicka regen for buffs/utility. Why is different regen on the same set stupid? At least try to bring something to the conversation instead of just I don't want "bla" because its stupid.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that's true anymore, not for PvP. We may even have people using drink instead of food in 1.6.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are looking at the regen part of it, how does 15% compare in regards to the hard number value like the previously mentioned seducers set at "123"?
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump because i honestly think this set could be returned to the all recovery setup.

i have been enjoying Regeneration build meta in game.. this set was almost made future proof but was reverted due to the combat meta back then..

honestly i think the 2-3-4 pc bonuses of all the crafted sets need to be rethought. most of them are no longer viable, mostly due to being hybridized etc.
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on April 16, 2015 5:53PM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    I like the set for group PVP, not so much solo. This is under a tri-pot

REGEN_BUILD.PNG
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS*. Nice bounty. :)