The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bleed immune enemies...

demonlkojipub19_ESO
demonlkojipub19_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
They need to just not be immune to bleed effects. Its a pointless hampering on most melee based dps. 2h and DW both get hammered due to bleed immunity and axe's have their whole bleed damage passive nullified. Dual wield moreso because losing the bleed on twin slashes is a lot of damage potential down the drain.

There are no enemies immune to magical dots, like that of searing strike and burning breath even if they are fire based enemies, so theres no reason to have bleed immune enemies either. Bow's poison damage doesn't get hit with dps lost from dot immunity either by any creature in ESO.

This is one step needed for magicka - stamina balance.
Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 2, 2014 12:06PM
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been addressed yet? I didn't even know bleeds could have immunities until today when I fought some spirits that were immune. Now I've read that you can't use them on damage shields. What is the point of making axes bleed critical and twin blade heal if it is a toss up for them to function? It looks like I will have to skip twin blades completely and only use flurry.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on February 27, 2015 12:33PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a similar post months ago, and I totaly agree with this. The extra DpS from bleeds should be relevant in every encounters we meet. What would a DK or someone using a Fire Destrostaff say if Fire Atronachs were immune to fire damage, what about Bowmen if Daedric creatures were immune to poison damage... Those imbalanced restrictions to some of our skills are outdated and just need to be removed from the game for good.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on February 27, 2015 4:48PM
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, it's a significant disadvantage on all physical weapons. Most attacks doesn't even have a proc and the most common melee proc 'bleed' does not affect half of the opponents. This is not an immersion or reality thing as it mentioned fire burns everything even creatures on flames.

The result is loss of DPS versus elemental based damage. Also skills like Blood Craze, the only tiny HoT ability with DW is useless because it's DPS and heal both tied to enemy blood. It's not a new thing, been like this since forever.
    Edited by SickDuck on February 27, 2015 5:23PM
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. This is not even a major change, but it is much needed for the balance of stamina and magicka builds as you stated.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you brought up immersion breaking. I would understand if this game built around some type of D &D ruleset where this was the case, but when 1 play style is singled out and everyone else gets a pass it's not right. I either expect to be required to use blunt weapons to kill skeletons and fire magic to not work on anything that relates to fire or for every damage type gets a fair shake. This bleed thing is like when Skyrim implemented so much ice resist on the Mobs you had to fight (50-90%) there was no point in even implementing ice magic into the game.
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also as Valkyn Skoria being the fotm set because of the OP damage it can add, the lack of reliable DoTs with 2H and DW hurts even more.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. There's plenty of spirits and undead among other things that don't bleed that I notice leveling in Daggerfall. It was pretty bad when I was testing stuff in crag as well. Dual wield doesn't get damage shields like one hand + shield or 2handed. It certainly doesn't get the hard CC they both have. Blade cloak feels like mostly a pvp skill for basically perma sprint using the speed up morph. Dual wield damage doesn't deserve to tank vs a large variety of monsters early game with no flurry. People who want to use bleed shouldn't be forced into flurry. Lastly it shouldn't be denied survivability benefits late game that other melee weapon lines enjoy.
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    The balance of the game is so lopsided.. "Hey lets make some common mobs immune to one type of damage and never make a variety of mobs that are immune to other types".

Time to fix these half baked ideas ZOS. You've had more than enough time and feedback on certain issues.
    King of Beasts

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its connected to the type of mob. undead e.g. are immun to bleeds. wich is rather logic as a ghost or skelleton cant bleed at all and even if they could it would not hamper them.
    if you are effected by that skip thoose mobs. there are enough none immune mobs out there.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 1, 2015 1:12PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    its connected to the type of mob. undead e.g. are immun to bleeds. wich is rather logic as a ghost or skelleton cant bleed at all and even if they could it would not hamper them.
    if you are effected by that skip thoose mobs. there are enough none immune mobs out there.

First, not all undeads are immune to bleeds (zombies and flesh golems are affected by those). Secondly, If I follow your logic, why are Daedric creatures not immune to poison damage, why are Atronachs not immune to their respective elements? This idea of target immune to certain types of damage is a left over from a previous concept of gameplay which obviously wasn't supposed to make trough the game.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭

The point is bleed is singled out as the only dot to have all these immunities. MMO's bend logic all the time for the sake of fun game play. If this game was trying to use a consistent D & D rule set it would be ok but every thing else got a pass and bleed didn't. Dual wields first ability is heavily reliant on the bleed damage it does. You may as well be doing the first half of the Glenumbra and storm haven quests with auto attacks if you rely on twin slashes for any type of damage until you get flurry.

This also eliminates the healing you would receive if you use blood craze. Some quests lines are completely bleeding immune dominant. The 2nd fighter quests for instance is nothing but constructs. The angof the grave singer line is filled with undead etc. No one else has to drop their play style because there are immunities everywhere. It's simply no fun having a main damage attack that you have to take off your bar every other fight and not being able to use axes because it's weapon modifier is bleed.

Then there is the whole damage shielding that stops bleed making it a direct counter to direct damage and dots while always being useful. Unmitigated bleed damage is easy to counter as is with it being able to be purged and having a large window to heal over it. If the sustained healing and damage play style for duel wield is supposed to be a thing bleeds need to stop being so handicapped.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on March 1, 2015 2:17PM
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fully agree with this post.

If my poison arrow can affect a storm atronach, may as well go all the way and let my bleed effects do the same. I know it would be unrealistic for an atronach or a skeleton to be affected by bleeds; but balance and fun is far more a concern in a video game than realism, and the fact so many enemies are immune to bleed effects(especially endgame) really hurts the DPS potential of DW/2H players.

Twin slashes in DW, for example; its a great ability!! it does great damage and both morphs are pretty good in my opinion; but this ability is kept from its full potential because so many enemies are immune to bleed effects.

Make all enemies vulnerable to bleeds and help melee players out; if not, then make the same enemies that are immune to bleeds, immune to ALL DoTs; we need balance and equality.
    Edited by Cody on March 1, 2015 5:47PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

alright.

then fire atronachs should not be affected by fire.

players in light armor should be insta killed by everything

there would be no damage shields

2H weapons should have a block breaking ability or just ignore blocks altogether.

If you want to use realism as an excuse, then fine; just be sure to fix all the other unrealistic parts of the game with it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm OK with skeletons not bleeding, but deeper constructs should bleed. Where does dwarven oil come from otherwise?

But atronachs should be immune to Dots of their own element and spiders, scorpions, etc should be immune to poison DOTs.
    The Moot Councillor
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that would make the game to complicated just for the sake of realism. Dungeons and Dragons online has this kind of setup where you can play an elemental sorcerer and be literally useless for certain story arcs and entire raid quest lines. Imagine if this kind of thinking continued and someone released an update where your class had to sit out because you like to play as a fire mage. It happens in DDO.

That type of design is accepted mainly because it is the D &D rule set and your expected to carry different weapons and build into things you don't want to for the sake of being able to complete content. I don't see ESO systems supporting anything near as restrictive as something like that. Except when it comes to bleeds for who knows what reason.

The overall DOT system can wait I just want to not have to worry about immunities and have my bleeds effect shields just like every other play style gets to enjoy. Immunities and damage shield exceptions are getting in the way of this.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on March 1, 2015 7:37PM
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent