The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Idea for overworld raid boss behaviors

NotSo
NotSo
✭✭✭✭
I posted this as a comment under another thread but I thought I'd make it a new discussion.
Every map should be given just one incredibly huge and obnoxious boss that throws tons of insta-kill AOEs and will take hours to kill but will award tons of xp, then immediately come back to life (not re-spawn, just stand back up) and insta-kill everything in vicinity. Does not award any items or gear. All your equipment's durability is set to 0 when you kill boss. OK maybe not take hours to kill but it should definitely be a long fight.

Boss will never use direct attacks, only back to back AOE abilities. So the fight does not require a tank.
Boss has high armor and spell resist so attackers will be keen to keep active debuffs.
Boss will use a flurry of unblock-able, oddly shaped AOEs that cause insta-death to keep pugs moving and active, using movement bonus abilities would not be a bad idea.
Boss's AOEs are not specific to Boss's position but rather the entire area around Boss.
Boss is prone to all negative affects except CC (includes Defile).
Boss keeps his ground with his back to a wall so all of his attackers face his front, in the action. OR Boss will have a massive AOE that fires off behind him making the Boss's rear a bad place to be.
Boss will also fire off a massive AOE every so often to cover the ground at a specific range and outward to keep players within other AOE ranges, and also to keep nonparticipants away.
Boss grants full XP on death to all fight participants, regardless of the amount of help any player has committed.
Boss will heal itself for x% of max health whenever it kills a player (only occurs once per 10 minutes per player, so somebody can't troll and keep the boss alive). Higher % heal with lower health.
Boss will throw out AOE attacks faster based on health remaining.
Boss health will reset if Boss has not taken weapon/spell damage for 10 seconds.
Cyrodiil Boss wanders around aimlessly in Cyrodiil while not being attacked. Boss is prone to siege damage (but you're going to have to have a very large standoff distance to not get killed).
Totally cool to kill Boss without taking any damage at all, just gotta dodge those AOEs.
Boss's name is Boss

Sorry I kept adding to it. I thought the idea was fun :P

Post your ideas and any changes you would make to this.
Edited by NotSo on February 28, 2015 6:40PM
Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would affect players questing. It might be nice in a new area like Wrothgar, but not in the existing areas.

It could be interesting in Cyrodiil. I wouldn't put it in every campaign, but maybe in one campaign with special rules.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @firstdecan You're absolutely right it would mess with players questing, but I think it would make it a bit more dynamic to either try to avoid the boss and end up not being able to do a quest or to deal with it's AOEs while questing within its range. Or some quests could actually phase you out of the boss's instance. Or a simple boss toggle could keep you from ever seeing it and the players fighting it.
    Edited by NotSo on February 28, 2015 6:45PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • b_archaonpreeb18_ESO
    Sounds like 'a' Numidium. I wouldn't be adverse to that in a special rules Cyrodiil. Especially if you could taunt it and slowly encourage it closer to an enemy keep >:)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. It would make the areas feel more threatening.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!