The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trial Rewards made better (Problem and Solution)

ThunderCat
ThunderCat
✭✭
Due to the fact that Trial gear turned out to be somewhat useless compared to other alternatives, there isn't a real incentive to running either of the 3 trials on a regular basis apart from personal achievements. In Sigma Draconis, we theorized the following rewards:

0.5 CP for AA and Hel Ra Normal
1 CP for AA and Hel Ra Hard Mode
2 CP for DSA Normal
2 CP for SO Normal
3 CP for DSA Vet
4 CP for SO Hard Mode

Having this implemented, would incentivize everyone to run Trials and DSA on a regular basis for the above mentioned rewards. I appreciate that the numbers might need tweaking a little bit to prevent high end players taking advantage of this.
Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
Head of Trials
ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    without cd this is a bad idea, if you make it a weekly (and increase to 1for aa/hr - 5for SO hard) it would be a nice addition
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just making the drops better rather than artificially incintivizing.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    even with usefull sets I would like to see this ;)

Also give a pvp quest with cp reward to keep things balanced like a daily to capture a scroll (=1cp) or something ;)
  • Fayaburn
    Fayaburn
    ✭✭✭
    Honnestly, without cooldowns and given the time vs reward you propose, almost every guild would grind AA/HRC like there's no tomorrow.
    Altef Quatre - v14 Breton Sorcerer
    Melina Dagda - v14 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be funny to have a chance to loot mantikora pet from SO normal and mantikora mount from SO HM, because drop sets are now trash anyway :smiley:
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThunderCat, tell me something, why do raiders need an incentive to do anything? Why don't you do it, you know, for the challenge and fun?
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    @ThunderCat, tell me something, why do raiders need an incentive to do anything? Why don't you do it, you know, for the challenge and fun?

Do you think it's still fun and challenging after you've done it 100 times? Yet, there's nothing else to do, so there needs to be at least reward incentive otherwise this games PVE will be as dead as a dead thing. Which will probably also hurt everyone who isn't a raider because once you want to do the content there is no one left to do it with. :)
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »

Do you think it's still fun and challenging after you've done it 100 times? Yet, there's nothing else to do, so there needs to be at least reward incentive otherwise this games PVE will be as dead as a dead thing. Which will probably also hurt everyone who isn't a raider because once you want to do the content there is no one left to do it with. :)
    The fact is ZOS provided three content updates almost entirely aimed at the hardcore end-gamers and they're never satisfied, while the non-raiders have had no new PVE content since release and won't see any till Q3 at the very earliest.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact is ZOS provided three content updates almost entirely aimed at the hardcore end-gamers and they're never satisfied, while the non-raiders have had no new PVE content since release and won't see any till Q3 at the very earliest.

I LOL'd. There's what 15+ quest zones with 1000s of quests, 15+ normal dungeons, 10 vet dungeons, undaunted dailies, crafting dailies.

But raiders have 3 trials out of 2 were supposed to be released together with the game but they couldn't even be bothered to finish it in time so they instead threw it in a content update. Sorry, but I would disagree with you.

Either way, in what possible way could it hurt your other PVE content that there be some sort of meaningful incentive (whether it's gear, xp or whatever) to raiding? That way we can at least have something to do until we get new content some time in the (unannounced) future.
    Edited by pppontus on February 27, 2015 1:13PM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm, no. Even though I enjoy both pvp and pve, people that predominately pvp would be so far behind people running trials that they'd get facerolled in just a few months. Even without the bonuses that the CS allows you to invest in, just the stat increases alone would up their damage and health far beyond what a dedicated PVPer would have.

An equivalent would need to be added to PVP, and I agree with the above poster that it needs to be a once a week type of thing.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Umm, no. Even though I enjoy both pvp and pve, people that predominately pvp would be so far behind people running trials that they'd get facerolled in just a few months. Even without the bonuses that the CS allows you to invest in, just the stat increases alone would up their damage and health far beyond what a dedicated PVPer would have.

An equivalent would need to be added to PVP, and I agree with the above poster that it needs to be a once a week type of thing.

Something like 0.5 CP per daily kill quest?

Obviously if XP gain was actually working in any sort of balanced fashion this wouldn't be an issue to begin with, but ZOS is never going to fix XP rewards for time consuming content whether it's trials or pvp. They see potential for abuse thus everyone who wants to do the content normally gets punished, same thing every time.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Which three content updates would you be talking about?

What we've got so far:
    • 5-10 min "12-man dungeons" Hel Ra & AA
    • 30-60min "12-man dungeon" SO

That's two content updates, for a total of 1,5 hours of content.

Oh, and you know, there is nothing stopping you from doing the same content as well.

That said, in case you're one of the "solo PvErs", I believe you've got far better end of the deal by having 22 zones worth of solo content, potentially stretching to hundreds of hours. Now, compare that to the 1.5 hours of 12-man content.

In case you were referring to CoA, CoH, Craglorn delves, Undaunted Dailies or DSA: those are perfectly doable by non "hardcore end-gamers", which is a term used to describe raiders (10-40 man content).

Perhaps you should give them a try?
    In fact, most Craglorn delves can even be soloed.

Also, to touch on the whole gear issue: gear progression is an integral part of any (MMO)RPG, and has been since pen&paper RPGs. Beating more difficult opponents has always rewarded better gear (as logic should dictate).

While you might not personally find it enticing, there are many RPG purists who do (*raises hand*).
    Edited by DDuke on February 27, 2015 1:43PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the original post states, & is something we can all agree on, we need alternate means of obtaining CP's. Exactly what those numbers are will ultimately be up to ZOS to decide, but I think everyone has given some valid options. It's definitely needed for both pve end game & pvp content.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people that can grind out AA int 10 minutes, that's 3 CP an hour.

There are absolutely people that will do this 12 hours a day and get 36 CP a day until they hit max.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "People", is an understatement.
    Every guild I'm in can & has done this on a daily/weekly basis.
    But, I agree to make things more fair, adding it as a "once a week reward" would be an excellent choice. However normal DSA is way easier than hel ra/aa hard mode & so normal DSA should receive less CP.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people that can grind out AA int 10 minutes, that's 3 CP an hour.

There are absolutely people that will do this 12 hours a day and get 36 CP a day until they hit max.

So what? Right now they could do the same grinding mobs.

Doing dungeons, trials or PvP should not reward you with less XP than grinding mobs like some brain dead Korean.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you tell me why do people need to complain that others enjoy finding the Ancient Sword of Awesomeness in the boss's treasure room, I will answer your question.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 28, 2015 1:46PM