The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

16k heavy crit attacks on PTS

Scotia
Scotia
✭✭✭
I am still able to produce a 16k heavy crit via my flame staff on a VR 14 Sorc template, this was in Cyrodiil on a V5 mob. Is this overly excessive? My mana was about 32k. Normal heavy attacks are coming in under 8k, I have submitted feedback.

Overload attacks still give 3 ulimate per attack, it does not start the ulimate gain but you still get them when using this ability? Intended?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were you hitting a undead perhaps? Fire just blows up undead sometimes. Forget what it is called but it is intentional.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Scotia
    Scotia
    ✭✭✭
    I was killing goblins, but I guess with 3600 CP this is what you get? 8k normal heavy attack to 16k on the crit, that is twice the amount.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 3600 CP is close to god-mode. You're meant to wreck things at that level. Enemy players with 3600 CP will have all the same benefits & mitigations. It's fine.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Scotia
    Scotia
    ✭✭✭
    New players are going to compete how? I guess they don't care, as console players are on separate servers.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scotia wrote: »
    New players are going to compete how? I guess they don't care, as console players are on separate servers.

If they don't change it, new players won't stand a chance nor be able to catch up.
    Edited by ToRelax on February 27, 2015 10:30PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If they don't change it, new players won't stand a chance nor be able to catch up.

The good news is they have many options in front of them to tweak it, and some time until it becomes a problem. I am not too worried... yet.
  • Aaramis
    Aaramis
    ✭✭
    Most weapons have one form of really high single-target damage. 2H has wrecking blow; DW has flurry. For D-staff, they've buffed the fire staff heavy attack damage - so that's really your big hitter.

Not sure why fire alone gets that bonus, though. Kinda odd.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will be weaker, as intended, and as it should be considering the time/effort involved.