Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Justice system / feedback - way too easy, too easy, not enough risk involved

ZRage
ZRage
✭✭✭
I'm just pointing out few things here.

I just get in to test this up and I must say if this goes live in current state I'm afraid this is going to be really abused and the economy will simply tremble and the magnitude might even be similar to some bot incursion alike.

It's my feeling that it's just way too artificial, I'm not sure if it's just ment to be easy or it's simply not polished enough, however at some points I have been attacking normal guard NPC's (not those immortal ones) and the other NPC guards near them weren't even reacting, they just waited till I kill they fellow friends. I mean really? I supposed there should be some timer where the word is spread out and some patrol / guards / OBLIVION POLICE (TM) comes and popps me out, but no. I just kill NPC, loot them over and sell all the stuff they dropped for sick amount of gold. I can still use wayshrines so whatever I just jump in to the big town with bounty on me and I'm still able to just move around unseen like a normal civilian (there is just not enough guards and their detection range is way too low) I'm getting to fence and selling all my goods, easy. The crazy thing is, death is so meaningless i can just let the guard kill me and it won't change anything, no punishment at all, I respawn at spot I still have all the stolen items (lol? Tamrriel Police just so cool). And even Bigger joke is ALL THE BOUNTY I had on my head is now cleared and I'm ready to steal, murder, *** chickens (maybe I went bit too far).

This is just way too lame, way too easy, way too populistic. If you are criminal you should feel like you are criminal, every ****ng person, everywhere you move should scream run, refuse to talk to you should be hunted and run, cry, hide... and so on.

I really think there should be much more limitations to this, much more risk involved. Like real threat of being forced to PAY gold, so the bad criminals would actually need to burn some gold in order to "train up".

I know that fence is limited but still, with just right technics, bit of time invested for preparation I think it's possible to turn this out for most lucrative activity in the game in current state this will be abused and will in fact turn out in gold hiper inflation, and later economy downfall. I just won't spoil details here so it won't spread like a cancer in case it's not fixed / addjusted, however if my input is needed somehow by devs im there, feel free to ask. For the moment I just recommend you polish this system up and at least nerf the rates of drop or increase difficulity of NPC like add a small chance that guard will spawn (best option I guess).

The punishment should also be bigger, for instance If catched more than once in same day (or period of time) you should be forced to pay gold or put to jail or any suitable punishment (put it there)

Maybe also the ability to use wayshrine should also be nulled when you got bounty on you? Or at least but few guards at them seriously make it harder for people or this will be a disaster. It's quite nice feature with lot of potential but current execution just doesn't feel right.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRIIIIIIISSSSSOOOON SYSTEM

Send people to jail!
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    PRIIIIIIISSSSSOOOON SYSTEM

Send people to jail!
    And to get out from prison you need to do quest.After quest the character becomes permanent --->>
    [img][/img]dUQlb8S.jpg

Now the risk is enough? :D

Edited by Exstazik on February 27, 2015 7:26AM
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    Anything, just not this lame thing where you die and use soulgem and pop you are now clean slate bro with a perfect background.

Maybe just sent us to some distant ALC4TRAZIVION ISLAND where from we have to swim for 5 min back to mainground, Anything just not the parodox of computer game where death is accelerating your progress toward reward.
    (important author note* "where the fu*k are games moving on these days"")

People suiciding in town to sell goods to fence faster... This is going to be ridiculous, fix.
    Edited by ZRage on February 27, 2015 7:34AM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZRage wrote: »
    People suiciding in town to sell goods to fence faster... This is going to be ridiculous, fix.
    Agreed, this seems to be just another train wreck ZOS have created that'll be hugely exploited by some and by the time ZOS get round to fixing it the damage will have been done .. so many examples in the past of obscene rates of XP and gold accumulation due to crass mechanics, yet they still keep coming.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 27, 2015 8:16AM
  • TDSyco
    TDSyco
    ✭✭
    ZRage wrote: »
    ... however at some points I have been attacking normal guard NPC's (not those immortal ones) and the other NPC guards near them weren't even reacting ...
    ... The crazy thing is, death is so meaningless i can just let the guard kill me and it won't change anything, no punishment at all, I respawn at spot I still have all the stolen items (lol? Tamrriel Police just so cool). And even Bigger joke is ALL THE BOUNTY I had on my head is now cleared and I'm ready to steal, murder, *** chickens (maybe I went bit too far) ...

Is it really this way? Then LOL! What a joke! I ll be going crazy on stealing and murder, let Guard kill me and am free again! Nice! :D
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually, if the guard kill you, you lose the stolen items you are free to go and bounty is set to zero, so yeah It looks like I went a bit too far. But still, it's too easy to run from guards or just evade them plus the no sense of getting no punishment of crimes at all.

The distance the guards can chase you is quite small, then they just get reset back to their patrol spots. So I don't know how bad you actually need to be to die to guards.
    Edited by ZRage on February 27, 2015 8:04AM
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    I guess people forget that players are gonna be able to act like guards too with the next Justice System patch part. That will take stealing and getting away to an entirely different level.
    However as of now, I agree, it's really easy to get away from guards.
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    ^ That's not the point at all, and even if that is going to happen probably this will only work when you actually witness the crime being comiited rather than attacking everyone who got something suspicious in the bag. It's doubtful if this even comes this year so I don't see how it is relevant to what's on the table now.