The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

game start up problem? need help badly

Filiclads
Filiclads
Soul Shriven
ok ESO works fine except one key factor in being that i can only play it at certain times of the day or night. during the day basically from 6:30am to 1am the next morning ESO gives an error message saying an error occurred try again in a few minutes or something during the loading screen after i try load my character to start playing, im virtually locked out during that time period. the rest of the time if i try play it loads super fast with close to no loading time on the loading screens. could someone help me out. could it be internet speeds during this time that stops the game from being played? this is extremely frustrating...
Edited by Filiclads on February 24, 2015 6:32AM
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    forgot to mention would there be a possibility that the us servers may be time based or are they permanently on. i live in south africa so maybe i should move on to the european servers? i dont know what i should do as this is a serious predicament. ill appreciate any help i can get
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers are on 24/7 however that is maintenance on a Monday (NA) and Tuesday (EU) as announced at the top of these forum pages, at those times the servers are down.

Sadly the "an error has occurred" has plagued us since release and ZOS have done nothing to make it more useful by having the message indicate even the most basic information such as WHAT broke, let alone any detailed error information.

Internet latency can certainly affect your experience in-game but if your description is accurate especially when it comes to having pretty precise time periods when you get this errror then you seem to be suffering something that certainly sounds like some sort of ISP network 'management, that of course may be your own ISP an anywhere en route to the servers: again, the total lack of useful information from the ESO game client doesn't help.

There's a tool that comes with the game called GameConsultant (it's in the Launcher folder in your ESO installation tree), I've not used it myself but I believe it's there to try to provide technical information when dealing with problems. It may be worth your while looking into that and running it at the time when you're having this problem.

Sadly the ESO game clients are specific to the region they're for, this isn't WOW where a single client can connect to all server regions, so you can't easily try the EU servers, you'd need to download the entire client again for that one (though both NA and EU clients can co-exist on the same PC, just just have twice the space used).
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a lot ill look into it. Its gonna really suck though if I can only get 1 or 2 hours in the game a day. Due to when I can access the game... Agg ill have to hope it gets better after the next patch and when it goes f2p.
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    and something new happened i can get in, in game but i cant interact with anything other than my characters ingame menus but then something goes wrong and im kicked back to the login menu
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Filiclads,

Everything you've indicated thus far sounds like a connection issue. If your network connection is experiencing issues, you'll notice that everything is much more stable at non-peak hours, and quite the opposite during peak times. Your best bet is to contact customer support with a game consultant file attached. This document contains information about your computer as well as your connection, which can help diagnose connection issues and get you on the right track of troubleshooting. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Filiclads
    Filiclads
    Soul Shriven
    currently in the process of doing so thank you