The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Destroy" needs some work

nathan_bri
nathan_bri
✭✭✭✭
I just destroyed a Kuta by accident. Yep, my own fault. However, the UI certainly was no help. I go to link a Kuta from my inventory into the Chat and, since the Link in Chat option is immediately below the Destroy option, my mouse looked like it was in the right place, but I got no link. Hmmm... I thought I selected that. I go hunting for the Kuta and it's gone. I received no confirmation to destroy this high value item, which I most certainly should have.

I propose a couple of changes:

1. Require confirmation when deleting purple or gold items at the very least.

2. Move the "Destroy" option to the bottom of the list and space it away from the other options, perhaps with a horizontal line. Make it clear to anyone attempting to select it that you would have to try very hard to select it by accident.

I also bugged this in-game, but figured I would also post here.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird? There is always an additional dialog when choosing to destroy an item. "Do you really want to Destroy blabla?"
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny story: today I discovered the Kuta in the Junk tab. Apparently, I chose that, which caused it to disappear from its normal location.

I still think Destroy should be moved to the botto and set apart in some way.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @nathan_bri,

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, we really appreciate it. We're really glad to hear that you were able to find your Kuta!

The first option is already in effect, no matter what the item quality. Even Common items will bring up a prompt to confirm their destruction. That said, should you ever destroy anything by accident, please don't hesitate to contact customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @nathan_bri,

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, we really appreciate it. We're really glad to hear that you were able to find your Kuta!

The first option is already in effect, no matter what the item quality. Even Common items will bring up a prompt to confirm their destruction. That said, should you ever destroy anything by accident, please don't hesitate to contact customer support.

Thanks, Gary. Will do.