The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why Lightning for Sorcs?

• Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    @Shunravi I would have to agree with your last point, at least for now. But I really hope we will see the entire elemental spectrum open up eventually
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair dragon knight and Templar while they may use flames to some degree are more the practical in your face magic of a spellsword than a fully developed art of pyromancy.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anvos wrote: »
    To be fair dragon knight and Templar while they may use flames to some degree are more the practical in your face magic of a spellsword than a fully developed art of pyromancy.

True

But even then, they are two lines vs one. And in those, there is more development than one not-even-pure dps lightning line. Plus fire rune and meteor. :(

As an aside to the whole thread, Im sorry if Im so agressively posting here. Its just a topic i find interesting to discuss.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

True

But even then, they are two lines vs one. And in those, there is more development than one not-even-pure dps lightning line. Plus fire rune and meteor. :(

As an aside to the whole thread, Im sorry if Im so agressively posting here. Its just a topic i find interesting to discuss.

It's fine by me! I started the discussion afterall, in all honestly I would prefer the mages guild skill line be expanded rather than the individual classes getting more moves. The more new skills come to every class, the more this becomes a traditional elder scrolls game
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if you think about it much of the knowledge of Cyromancy was likely lost with the Falmer setting that art back and most powerful dunmer mages belong to house Telvani and house Telvani doesn't support the guild since their more about mage superiority and freedom from moral restrictions in research, thus the masters of pyromancy wouldn't be available to the guild.

However, both exist in the game because I'm always settling arguments between the Pyromancer and the Cryomancer...

By killing them both :)
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    I think that whole lightning line should change just like destructive staff spells. If you holding fire staff the line should change to all fire effect. the effects should change like lightning flood change to lava pool or something.
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    I think that whole lightning line should change just like destructive staff spells. If you holding fire staff the line should change to all fire effect. the effects should change like lightning flood change to lava pool or something.

That is exactly what my first thoughts were on the subject but then maybe those options need to be spread out across the board for other classes to mix it up with their abilities too or the sorcerers are getting a bit too much for it to be fair to the others.