Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The show tonight

Roechacca
Roechacca
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So on ESO live they said Sorc gets a boost to Lightning splash . Light armor gets better spell penetration to help DPS and Heal Spells . Shield stacks no longer prevent heals and saps . Weapon swap will work with dodge roll now . Templar biting jabs been adjusted with longer cool down so opponents can get out of the way but didn't hear them say the CC immunity was going to corrected ever . They know about it and left it that way . And Pancake Tragedy was mentioned 3 times after his questions cause they really like pancakes n stuff .

Oh and there's of course new stuff they want tested still by players on PTS .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.6.3 seems to be the final end for magicka based sorcs. Not looking forward to this update one bit.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.6.3 seems to be the final end for magicka based sorcs. Not looking forward to this update one bit.
    Best part was "you have Shards" in response to alternative dps to Crushy Shock.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Yeah because he is so smart and knows that crystal frags doesn't proc itself. So we will all be sitting there hard casting crystal frags over and over every second. Then when a DK comes or another sorc I'll just blink away 17 times since my shields are reduced 15% and 2h does 24k crit rushes while crusty shock did like 6k hit...

Oh the joys of creators not knowing their own games.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

Yeah because he is so smart and knows that crystal frags doesn't proc itself. So we will all be sitting there hard casting crystal frags over and over every second. Then when a DK comes or another sorc I'll just blink away 17 times since my shields are reduced 15% and 2h does 24k crit rushes while crusty shock did like 6k hit...

Dat Meteor doe ;)
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not too keen on Sorcs so Ill take your word for it . He did seem to come across as more knowledgable about the PvE combat aspects then PvP . When he said they added a longer cool down to Biting Jabs instead of correcting the CC immunity I knew his focus probably wasn't PVP balance .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

I'm not too keen on Sorcs so Ill take your word for it . He did seem to come across as more knowledgable about the PvE combat aspects then PvP . When he said they added a longer cool down to Biting Jabs instead of correcting the CC immunity I knew his focus probably wasn't PVP balance .

zero pvp balance. They took a huge dump on PvP sorcs. The new passive change coming will not be a buff because it would need a substantial % increase per skill slotted which they wont do. They also wont tack it on top of passive reduced costs so it will do barely more dmg at a greater increased cost.

In pvp there will be zero comparison to a crystal frags hard casting sorc to a 2h sorc. before the first frag is released they will be dead. This guy has no clue what he is doing.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    please please please play your game.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were more interested in pancake puns instead of addressing my question with a viable response :'(

"You have instant cast crystal frags"
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They were more interested in pancake puns instead of addressing my question with a viable response :'(

"You have instant cast crystal frags"

LMAO Yeah they were
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't remember the part about a cooldown? What part of the video was that?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CC immunity is all sorts of broken in 1.6 .. So is roll dodge.

Log onto pts and attempt to roll dodge anytime a Templar tosses a blazin spear your way. It will always stop you mid roll and force you to stand strait up in the air and be cc'd. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't remember the part about a cooldown? What part of the video was that?

It was live not video
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if we ask nicely maybe they'll change it in another year... Or maybe not.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "you have instant cast crystal frags"

I have played quite a few sorcerers. I even made a LA staff one not too long ago and played her for a bit. Let me tell y'all, getting those crystal frags to instant cast or whatever its called, is not easy, and can be a pain sometimes.

sometimes it will insta cast the first go, sometimes not for the next 6 goes. sometimes not at all. Hard casting it is suicide due to the venom arrow spam that goes on and other interrupts.....

the excuse "you have instant cast crystal frags" is a truly pathetic and lazy excuse on the developers(or WHOEVER said it) part. I have not played a sorc to VR14, but I have SOME knowledge of the class, and if the devs really think a sorc can rely on instant cast crystal frags for their DPS output...... they are wrong.

go ahead, try it. Maybe the game will decide to spare you and let it proc every single time.

Edited by Cody on February 14, 2015 7:45AM
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if I'm not mistaken currently on the PTS half of the sorc skills aren't even procing the instacast frags.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are doomed! The more I think about it I can't come up with a halfway decent build in my head that can even come close to a stamina build.

I hope the stamina guys are happy from pts. You complained over and over about shield stacking and it directly affected 1 class the worst who already needed more buffs and pushed them further down the list.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do they just not want us to use any class abils again.
    Edited by Valnas on February 14, 2015 2:53PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

They want everyone to use the toggle pets in PvP too which are useless as well. No PvP group will want a sorc using them just like they wont in PvE when the pets are sucking up heals and barely dishing out any DPS and have fairly low health.

Sorcs seem to be the most ruined so far in 1.6 and they are making it worse each patch.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They want everyone to use the toggle pets in PvP too which are useless as well. No PvP group will want a sorc using them just like they wont in PvE when the pets are sucking up heals and barely dishing out any DPS and have fairly low health.

Sorcs seem to be the most ruined so far in 1.6 and they are making it worse each patch.

They said something about making pets immune to AOE dmg too last night .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The damage they do is pitiful compared to other skills. They are horrible in pvp and create barely any pressure in a 1v1 situation that 1 rally can heal through. I had high hopes for sorcs in 1.6 but I guess I'll just stick with my mixed DK build if they want zero sorcs in pvp.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The damage they do is pitiful compared to other skills. They are horrible in pvp and create barely any pressure in a 1v1 situation that 1 rally can heal through. I had high hopes for sorcs in 1.6 but I guess I'll just stick with my mixed DK build if they want zero sorcs in pvp.

Again I think they guys angle was PvE . He said he knows about pets sucking up heals and his solution was making them immune to AOEs . Boss fights , he said have a lot of AOE dmg and this would help .

He seems like a smart guy just young and maybe not very good at pvp . Maybe write that guy a letter ?
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they just want pet armies running around. Effectively making your 24 man raid into a 48 man raid.Making even MORE lag and closing the book on PvP altogether.

That's what I forsee. Some guild will do it too. Just watch lol.Oh, whats the latest ETA on that "other pvp 3-way faction" game. Anyone know?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey they read my question!

Suck it, shields.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Suck it, shields.

Light Armor is useless now. Shields are nerfed 15% and the incoming attacks can also crit on shields. You cant be an effective spell caster in medium or heavy armor and needed to passives from LA to help you. Being in LA you take massive damage from stamina based attacks and shields were your only safety net as you cant roll as efficient or block as often.

Medium armor has more passives than LA and makes stamina based abilities hit 2-3 times as hard compared to magicka based abilities. A huge imbalance has been created and once 1.6.3 is out it will only get worse.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asgari is right, I have played a magicka sorc as my sole character since launch, and I think its dead.

It is simply not viable, pve damage sucks, and the shield nerfs and such on pvp make the class not viable.

You need light armor to be a caster class, but light armor don't stop poo so we need shields, but shields got crushed hard

I'll probably just roll a two handed templar or just quit, I haven't decided yet.

These changes just scream of damn incompetence, folks obviously don't play their own game at all or they would know sorcs have been at the bottom damage wise for months, and were only wanted for negate, now, we wont even be wanted for that...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Asgari is right, I have played a magicka sorc as my sole character since launch, and I think its dead.

It is simply not viable, pve damage sucks, and the shield nerfs and such on pvp make the class not viable.

You need light armor to be a caster class, but light armor don't stop poo so we need shields, but shields got crushed hard

I'll probably just roll a two handed templar or just quit, I haven't decided yet.

These changes just scream of damn incompetence, folks obviously don't play their own game at all or they would know sorcs have been at the bottom damage wise for months, and were only wanted for negate, now, we wont even be wanted for that...

for solo play the Templar and night blades will rule. In group play it will be all about Templar and DKs. Sorcs dont fit in anywhere now since they can fit any role even halfway decent.

I only wish before they nerfed all the grinding that i made an Imperial Templar.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Princess_Asgari‌

Agreed, it will probably be a long haul to grind a templar...not looking forward to it.

Its a shame, ZOS is turning me into a togglemancer, when all I want to do is throw lightng bolts..:(
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @woodsro‌ - I refuse to use pets. The only "pet" i even consider using is an Atronoch which in most cases doesn't even get used. With the passive change coming in 1.6.3 using any of our main DPS skills will now have an increased cost along with all of the added increased damage coming to us.

There is just no possible way to make sorcs viable in the coming state.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd say so but I agree with Woodsro for once...

Guess it's good I'm an altoholic and have templars plus a couple (still need to level) DKs.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Suck it, shields.

Light Armor is useless now. Shields are nerfed 15% and the incoming attacks can also crit on shields. You cant be an effective spell caster in medium or heavy armor and needed to passives from LA to help you. Being in LA you take massive damage from stamina based attacks and shields were your only safety net as you cant roll as efficient or block as often.

Medium armor has more passives than LA and makes stamina based abilities hit 2-3 times as hard compared to magicka based abilities. A huge imbalance has been created and once 1.6.3 is out it will only get worse.

I don't know what to say, mate.

The sorcs in my guild are doing ridiculously well on the pts, and the damage we are seeing is the highest in game. I'm not a sorc so I don't want to tell you your class, but thus far I have heard no practical complaints from them about functionality. In our group fight tests their magica sustain is pretty much infinate, with hugggggge damage shields and massive burst.

For me, I am merely happy that we will be able to interact with shields properly. Made no sense that class abilities, ulti regen, weapon procs, etc just Stopped Working on shields. It made shields infinately better than HP, which was just broken.
    Edited by Satiar on February 14, 2015 8:12PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost