Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 2/13"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "ESO Live's Next Episode: 2/13."

Be sure to checkout the article for a rundown of what you can expect to see in this Friday's show!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are quests in this game needing some heavy thought-provoking decision making in which to ultimately complete them. Does ZOS have any plans to release an ES:O "by the numbers" sort of segment where we can see what percentage of players picked what options to some of these quests? (With console release coming shortly I get this wouldn't be a great time for it, but I would love to see what the playerbase feels towards certain quest chains like the gay werewolf!). Furthermore, when developing new content does ZOS take into account the data with respects to these choices? Does it influence future quest chains?

Without getting too spoilery, what are some quests you (the ZOS team) like?

To switch gears a lot, is there any plans to create a character skill calculator we can use out of game to save and customize builds? The community sorely needs an updated and refined skill calculator.
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this topic both in here and all over Twitter, so I thought I would voice it:

Will the Senche Mount be exclusive and not possible to, in any way, get later on?

Personally I think it should be exclusive for those having 300 days or more at point of release. 9 month reward (costume) will still be there.

Lots of people are upset regarding them not getting the mount due to ha ing unsubbed for more than permitted period. Let's face it: if it would've been 280 days people would yell 270, 260 - 250 and so on.

I was a "poor student" as well back in April-May and was unemployed during the whole summer. But still I do own a gaming PC and I have a broadband connection so my living conditions aren't obviously extremely poor. If you have a proper PC and play the game today, the sub has been affordable. Priorities... The fan base in rural Nepal and Afghanistan etc isn't the major one for ESO (just guessing). You can be poor in the Western world as well but ffs we're talking about a small amount of money compared to having a computer with a broadband connection.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    So now, with 1.6.2 Heavy Armor is finally the best at passive damage mitigation !

However Heavy is still by far :
    • the worst at active damage mitigation (casting abilities, roll-dodging, etc...) being completely resources-starved compared to the other two in a handful of seconds
    • even more the worst at damage in 1.6 (with the Juggernaut 7% damage to melee attacks) nerf
    • the worst at mobility to "counter" root spam (hard counter to melee heavy) where Medium is by far the best with now the new "shuffle" root immunity and built in cost reduction to dodge
    • the least sustainable with the worst resource management of all three armors, resource management that has even been halved in 1.6 (Constitution)

My question : Did you, Eric Zobel, lead combat game designer, noticed that Melee Weapons (stamina based), Heavy Armor users run outstandingly fast out of Stamina in PVP, at a point that they just have no resource to play the PVP game in just a matter of seconds ?

Is it intended design for Heavy Armor in PVP to be consequently the least able to hold the front line, especially in the Melee Stamina combination and to have apart from break free cost reduction no built in mechanics to support melee front line play style when light and medium have lots of mechanics and passives for sustainability, dps (crits and penetration) and mobility.

Is Heavy officially the no competitive PVP armor of TESO being the least sustainable and the least threatening one, dps-wise ?

Detailed thread here : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback/p1

Heavy armor is useless in PVP thread : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/101062/heavy-armor-completly-useless-in-pvp

And many more...
    Edited by EnOeZ on February 13, 2015 5:08PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be some kind of "End of TESO as we know it" party? Maybe on the PTS so you can throw some heavy duty mobs into the cities we can fight or something?
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you help clarify the confusion about the new Tiger Mount?

The Press Release lists that these criteria must be met;
    •You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    •You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Does this mean that when my subscription renews on February 17th for my next 90 day sub, that this time will meet the required criteria since it is considered "paid subscription time"?
    Edited by Goldie on February 13, 2015 1:51PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Does this mean that when my subscription renews on February 17th for my next 90 day sub, that this time will meet the required criteria since it is considered "paid subscription time"?

This has already been answered by I believe one of the German mods. The answer is no.
  • stonelisticub17_ESO
    As an Alt-aholic, I play, frequently, through the Wailing Prison. From the listed PTS patch notes v1.6, I read that the entire tutorial has been revised to provide a better understanding of basic combat skills and through the use of stealthing to vanquish the Sentinels.

Although trivial, my question is, when the NPC "The Child of Bones" is slain it now drops a better reward instead of the two-handed Iron Greatsword. Will this better reward be based on the character's class? If so, can you elaborate as to what the reward may be?

Also, would you elaborate on the reasoning behind the removal for the choice to choose from a Cast-Off Iron sword/shield, a Maple ice staff or a two-handed maul while escaping the Walling Prison?

By the way, I see what you did there. Those that choose to start in the Wailing Prison will now have the use of a two-handed sword. Therefore, the NPC "The Child of Bones", once slain, should no long drop the two-handed Iron Greatsword.

Thank you.
    A dedicated fan,
    Stonelistic
    Edited by stonelisticub17_ESO on February 13, 2015 9:19PM
  • Phoenospace
    Something that i've been meaning to as for awhile.
    Is there any plans to rework bow damage and bow abilities to make it more viable as a primary form of DPS, as opposed to its current role as merely a utility/range weapon? The difference in DPS between bows (including use of bow skills) and 2h (including skills) is staggering.
    2h weapons have significantly higher base damage and power, combined with Uppercut and Reverse Slash for massive DPS, as well as Momentum and all the passive buffs, as well as the upgrade to Cleave that generates ultimate.
    Magic is arguably the highest DPS in the game, and has the benefit of being ranged and having lots of available buffs in its passives.
    However, bows are often little more than a melee players opener or a utility weapon. Its Snipe or Volley skills as an opener, or Poison Arrow for its DoT or interrupt ability, Arrow Spray for a AoE snare. All great skills, but ultimate ineffective for continuous DPS, and it's DPS drops off significantly as the range to the target decreases under 15m. All of the archers abilities require range to be maintained yet there is little in the way of long range snares that could complement this. Not to mention the rather weak Power of bows as compared to other weapon attacks.

It's something that's been bugging me since beta, as i have played multiple archer characters during and since then. To me, archers are severely undeserved in this regard. I think a rebalancing of bow damage to skill damage would be nice, especially cinsidering changes to the way ultiumate generation is being done.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are the new episodes not posted right after they are shown? They are always at 4pm and I am on my way home when they are live. I cant wait to see the shows but always have to wait to watch it. Is there a reason they are not posted after the show is over? Half the time people on youtube post them quicker then the company. Whats the deal? or am i just overlooking something right in front of me?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    It takes a couple days to get these shows on our YouTube channel, but you can watch them immediately after we conclude on Twitch right here: http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile/past_broadcasts
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, let me say awesome ESO Live!
    Will there be some kind of "End of TESO as we know it" party? Maybe on the PTS so you can throw some heavy duty mobs into the cities we can fight or something?

Player parties on Live, both before and after the transition, would be cool.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night's show demonstrated clearly that the entire focus of the lol-balancing in 1.6 is PVP, PVE barely got mentioned and when it was the problems it's suffering due to the changes were brushed off without even a cursory analysis.

Sorcs are still nigh on usless, the superficial buffs do nothing to address the poor DPS of Sorcs and while the changes to pets with respect to AoE damage and healing will help Sorcs be less sucky than they were there's still precious little reason to take one.

The explanation of the mega-nerf that was done to Negate was laughable and again ENTIRELY focused on PVP without any thought to PVE consequences: this was the most outstanding of the many "we worry about PVP we don't give a damn about PVE" in the show.

Negate was one of THE reasons Sorcs got into end-game groups, it's neutering to the point of almost worthlessness is the death-sentence for Sorcs.

The PVE game will continue to be crippled unless and until ZOS learn to deploy differing stat values to PVP and PVE, these two halves of the game have little in common, one size doesn't fit all!
    Edited by Kragorn on February 14, 2015 8:42AM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off.. Live broadcasting is FUN... testing your broadcasting equipment before the broadcast, even more fun.

Also.. can we get who is what with our hosts? I mean.. how does Jason fit in with Gina and Jessica in CS?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes a couple days to get these shows on our YouTube channel, but you can watch them immediately after we conclude on Twitch right here: http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile/past_broadcasts

thank you
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Also.. can we get who is what with our hosts? I mean.. how does Jason fit in with Gina and Jessica in CS?

Jessica is the boss. Gina does all the work. Jason gets Jessica and Gina coffee. All the rest of them patrol the forum looking for people who need to have their hands slapped.

Well, maybe not exactly like that... :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on February 14, 2015 4:31PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I get home from work just as the shows are ending. They are up immediately as the broadcast ends. Just click their account and go into past shows.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Gina,

Question in regards to the change to Liquid Lightning.

What good is increasing the duration of this effect when the entire effect goes away instantly after someone clicks on Synergy to activate more damage? If the effect is going to be cancelled once Synergy is selected, the damage done then should be equal to the remaining time left x 2. Otherwise just by adding an increase in time isn't going to amount to any more DPS than it currently provides as it will never go to it's full duration.

IMO this spell should provide 75-90% of the damage done by Crystal Shard since it's an AOE and not single target.

Thank you
    NA Server - Kildair