Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - February"

• kakarot482_ESO
    kakarot482_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SO excited about the Senche mount!

To those that are falling short of the 300 day cut off, I do sympathize. I'd feel a lot of disappointment, too. But the Loyalty Program has been going on since the Ice Wraith pet three month prize. The implication of the whole thing was that continued subscription would make you eligible for future any future prizes. So if you had to unsubscribe (whether because of choice or financial constraints) it shouldn't come as such a shock that you might not get the newer rewards. Disappointing to miss out, I get, but the anger I just don't.

Plus, I'm sure we'll see recolors of the Senche mount offered in the cash shop. There's just no way that's not going to happen at some point, I can't see them not proving super popular.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I read this right? We are getting 1500 crown points a month as subscribers?

Yes that is correct

Thank you. Up until now I thought it was only 500
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To those that are falling short of the 300 day cut off, I do sympathize. I'd feel a lot of disappointment, too. But the Loyalty Program has been going on since the Ice Wraith pet three month prize. The implication of the whole thing was that continued subscription would make you eligible for future any future prizes. So if you had to unsubscribe (whether because of choice or financial constraints) it shouldn't come as such a shock that you might not get the newer rewards. Disappointing to miss out, I get, but the anger I just don't.

Plus, I'm sure we'll see recolors of the Senche mount offered in the cash shop. There's just no way that's not going to happen at some point, I can't see them not proving super popular.

I think the reason for anger is they originally said the game would never go b2p/f2p, and players could take a break from the game and still resub later to get rewards after a total amount of days subbed for the loyalty program. The whole b2p/no more loyalty program is fairy recent news. Moral of the story is ZOS going back on their word about many things is making their customers angry.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Even if I started with early access, I should be around 283 days.

If I bought a total of 300 days or more prior to March 16th, but they expire after this date as duration, is this considered for the 300 days goal?
    Technically infact I paid already for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Gladly I really like the Yokudan horse on my main character whatever is the answer to my question. :p
    Edited by Helluin on February 13, 2015 2:56AM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭

As Drazhar14 said:
    "The whole b2p/no more loyalty program is fairy recent news. Moral of the story is ZOS going back on their word about many things is making their customers angry."

In addition to the fact that it wasn't about how long you were subscribed, necessarily. It's about *when* you were subscribed, in addition to how many days you paid for. That's not the same thing. Loyalty programs in any other game always make it by the amount of days paid for. That's it. No extra conditions.
  • kakarot482_ESO
    kakarot482_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I think the reason for anger is they originally said the game would never go b2p/f2p, and players could take a break from the game and still resub later to get rewards after a total amount of days subbed for the loyalty program. The whole b2p/no more loyalty program is fairy recent news. Moral of the story is ZOS going back on their word about many things is making their customers angry.

Well, that makes a hell of a lot more sense! Especially since they're saying now that they're going to end the rewards program entirely.

I just don't know what to say to that, anger is totally justified there.

• kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice mount :D And glad to see there will come XP boosters. its nice fore leveling alt's up :)
    Looking very much forward to 1.6 :)
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    I will take a moment to address a thought I hadn't considered until just now.

ZOS, are you dropping the loyalty program because it will be harder for console players to purchase a subscription due to the financial burden of having to 'double pay' for Xbox Live Gold/PS Plus?

If so, don't do that. That's bad. Bad, wrong, and too much favoritism towards console players.

We get it, console players are going to have a tough time paying for the subscription. We get it. Okay? We understand the necessity of dropping the subscription model and going with a B2P model.

But gutting the loyalty system, too? No. Just, no. The loyalty system is *for* subscribers regardless of whether they are a console player or a PC player. It favors only those able to pay for a subscription for a certain number of days.

I like this game. But if I can get all the content, minus the coins and the free DLC access, I'm probably not going to subscribe unless I absolutely have to. I looked forward to the loyalty system as that extra incentive that would give me reason to purchase a subscription; to continue a subscription until I earned all the loyalty rewards, and keep subscribing so I could keep earning them as they popped up.

Now, I'm incensed. The clear disregard towards PC players is maddening. I get it. You want to break new ground, bring an MMO to consoles and really make it work. But do not forget the PC players in this!

Note that this is not a PC Master Race vs Console Inferiors argument. This just really chafes my hide that they are so blatantly ignoring the PC players to favor the console players. Yes, the console players are going to have a tougher time. But we already removed the subscription model for them. That should have been enough. Subscribers of all forms should still get the benefit of a proper loyalty program.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my god. I'm so sick of hearing people say, "I should get all the benefits too. It's not my fault I wasn't subscribed for two months for [insert excuse here]. IT'S NOT FAIR". You know what's not fair? All the people who did manage to maintain a solid subscription since April. It's not fair to us that you think everyone should get a participation trophy. You aren't entitled to it. Deal with it. Jesus.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    People min maxing days now

Suru
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Oh my god. I'm so sick of hearing people say, "I should get all the benefits too. It's not my fault I wasn't subscribed for two months for [insert excuse here]. IT'S NOT FAIR". You know what's not fair? All the people who did manage to maintain a solid subscription since April. It's not fair to us that you think everyone should get a participation trophy. You aren't entitled to it. Deal with it. Jesus.

And I'm sick of hearing people say that our excuses are invalid because you happen to fit the criteria. Now that we got that over, how about some productive conversation?

It is wrong of us to ask for a way to *earn* (emphasis on *earn*) the reward, like they originally said we would be able to in the original announcement of the loyalty program? Is it wrong of us to call them out on reneging on their original statements? Is that considered 'fair' when an organization states their intent and then says 'oh, sorry' and goes the opposite direction with little to no explanation for their reasoning?
    Edited by Mouseattigan1 on February 12, 2015 10:33PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That reward is the other thing they mentioned. The sheogorath mask or whatever. The other mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one off thing.

As far as it being discontinued I dont know why. I can guess from the drama in this thread that they are worried people who dont sub will get upset over the items.

We are reading the exact same article, right?

Direct quotes:
    "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."
    "The first is the nine-month reward, and for this one we're channeling the chaos of Sheogorath, everyone's favorite deranged Daedric Prince. Behold: the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter..."
    *no mention of 'the second', the second reward that is listed is this:*
    "As I alluded to in our special ESO Live show on the day we announced Tamriel Unlimited, I'm very happy to share that we'll be granting an exclusive mount to everyone who has been with us from the beginning: a special Striped Senche (giant cat) mount"
    *All of these are under the 'loyalty rewards' section of the article. Thus, it's alluded that the mount is the second reward, unless they mistakenly said they were giving out two rewards.

The senche mount was never going to be party of the loyalty program. It was always to be a one off thing for people who subbed the entire time. Not like the rewards given out when you hit certain milestones.
  • Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    I wont qualify for the mount (not 300 days paid time. Real life stuff) But that's ok because when I look at my account info and see: ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE DIGITAL IMPERIAL EDITION Member Since February 7, 2014: And following the development a year before that, submitting bugs in beta and afterwards, I know I'm apart of the community. ;)
    Edited by Methuselah on February 12, 2015 10:43PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really stupid if they dont count people who participated in Beta events, people who peordered Imperial edition! People who played from early access and then you lapsed one month for some accident thing and you got left out with the LOYALTY reward its just insane, how can they estimate who is more loyal the others? I think people who gave most to the game and not only people who bought 6 month sub right away but people who tested the game from beta and played it and play now but might have 1 month non active.Thats sad,,,

There is a month and a half of leeway in that 300 days...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌
    Thank you for my Senche Mount! :smiley:
    I am *Super* happy about that!

However, I do have a couple of questions, on behalf of myself, my guildies, and my small following of viewers on YouTube:
    1. Would you please elaborate on the reasoning behind terminating the Loyalty program? As it stands, this change doesn't seem to make much sense, since it is a continual source of desire to continue a prolonged subscription. The proverbial carrot on a stick, so to speak.
    2. Other than the 1500 crowns and the 10% bonuses, and considering that no further content releases will be available until after June 9th, are there any current plans to incentivise folks to continue their subscription from March 16th through June 9th?

Thanks again for my Senche Mount, I really look forward to riding it around Tamriel, during my continued subscription :smiley:
    ~GTech_1 (https://youtube.com/user/GTech1Gaming)
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    The senche mount was never going to be party of the loyalty program. It was always to be a one off thing for people who subbed the entire time. Not like the rewards given out when you hit certain milestones.

Then they worded everything wrong. Read the first quote. Note that they only mention two rewards. Note that there are only two rewards mentioned in the loyalty section of the article.

We can keep going back and forth with this. The end result is that the Senche mount *is* part of the loyalty program, but it's the last reward as part of its discontinuation that sits outside of the norm of the 3-month reward system.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »
    Removed, question was answered further on in the article.

Do you meet these requirements? (it requires a bit of math that I'm too lazy to do for you)

You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Since April 4 2014 to March 17th 2015, there will have been 347 days. If you were unsubbed for 48 days you will not qualify.
    They are already giving a month and a half of leeway, they have to draw the line somewhere.

It is only a month and a half leeway if they count April, which was not 'paid for'. As well, we were given 5 free days in May - not paid for.

That leaves us with 347 - 35 = 12 days leeway.

Would love to hear @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌ or someone clear that up. Do the first 30 days count?

As well, I seem to agree with thinking if you paid for 300 days prior to March 16th (as in paid for them, not necessarily used them) you should qualify.I REALLY think that's incorrect tho. Its just how I would understand the sentence.

It would be nice if they counted the free 30 days that the game comes with, but I don't think they will.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the Senche mount, awesome!

Lets move on, next topic that no one seems to have noticed:

As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience.

Will these work on top of the experience boost from being subbed? I work long hours and have a family so do not have the time to spend hours playing so would be great for people like me.

Discuss....
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? I am really on the fence about recommending this game to folks I play SOE games with strictly because I have not seen anything about plans past console release. If we are not going to get any idea what to expect in the future I cannot drag all my EQ2 friends over as that game dies an agonizing death. They don't want to get burned twice.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/4/2014 to 3/15/2015 is 345 days. They said that they were giving leeway for people who unsubbed a month or so. The only way that fits is if they count the 4/4/14 start date with the free month.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then they worded everything wrong. Read the first quote. Note that they only mention two rewards. Note that there are only two rewards mentioned in the loyalty section of the article.

We can keep going back and forth with this. The end result is that the Senche mount *is* part of the loyalty program, but it's the last reward as part of its discontinuation that sits outside of the norm of the 3-month reward system.

Well both rewards are for loyalty. The mask is the 9 month reward in the "program". The mount is a one time deal that was never to be part of the loyalty program. Meaning that you could not earn it any other way than being subbed for 300 days.

So you are incorrect it was not nor is part of the program which gave us all the other loyalty rewards. I dont know how it can be made any clearer than that. You playing word games with the quote which you are correct was worded incorrectly. They probably didnt think that some forum people take them literally at every word. Even tho technically they are two "loyalty" rewards lets say the program continues they change their minds. Well this mount would never be offered again because its not part of that program. There would be no way to earn it and the 1 year reward would be something different.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Math this early in the morning? Gag.

I've looked at my billing history and I think I have 255 days (9 x 30 - 15 day remaining) so in 15 days I'll be at 270. Now + 16 means I'm short 14 days BUT will still be 'subscribed' for the month. I think I'm not going to get it, which is disappointing.

My only saving grace is I'm technically subscribed for the month so if they take that into consideration I'll get it, if they don't I won't.. time shall tell.
    Edited by The_Sadist on February 12, 2015 10:57PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the Senche mount, awesome!

Lets move on, next topic that no one seems to have noticed:

As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience.

Will these work on top of the experience boost from being subbed? I work long hours and have a family so do not have the time to spend hours playing so would be great for people like me.

Discuss....

Yeah, Gina already replied in a forum post saying that all XP boosts in the game will stack with each other. Rings of Mara, XP boost potions, and ESO Plus XP boost.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... in the picture of the jester costume the staff is also clipping the hat?
    Edited by Jitterbug on February 12, 2015 11:07PM
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭

So, we're arguing semantics, then. You're saying that it's not part of the 'program'. I'm saying it's still a loyalty reward, given as part of the discontinuation of the program.

We're both right.
  • Shinozuka
    Shinozuka
    ✭✭✭
    Well Beta testers got a pet . A monkey. Perhaps that is why Beta time does not count on this.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are no fun. No fun at all...
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I swap my monkey for the cat? Please, pretty please?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • emilofstad
    emilofstad
    Soul Shriven
    As someone who originally preordered the game for consoles, but went for PC because I was promised a transfer if I signed up for PC in june. I now feel a bit screwed over by the loyality program, because I wont get a chance to obtain the loyality rewards even if I stay as a plus subscriber after Unlimited. It seems a bit unfair to those of us that were planing on playing on consoles, and actually preordered for consoles, but went for PC for a head start. We've been just as loyal as those who first signed up for PC in the first place, to now say we can have the same stuff as those who planed to play at PC to begin with seems a bit unfair...
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, my Orc is going to ride that big kittycat through Cyrodiil with pride and lag.
    Edited by Orchish on February 12, 2015 11:42PM