The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Is the Best Armour For Trials/Vet Dungeons?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing a character who I play as a healer, VR14; I find that in Trials/Vet Dungeons I die frequently and I suspect the light armour I choose for its Magicka bonuses (skill line). I feel like it would be better to just use a Heavy set, custom like Magnus' Gift Set with full Magicka enchantments and ditto on the jewelry. Thoughts? Am I doing something incredibly wrong?
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For healing I use Healer's Habit/Eyes of Mara, all light (NB, so 12% resto staff reduction works better for me).

You should not be dying if your group is keeping aggro away from you and you are blocking when they don't.

You may want to add a piece of heavy, but I'd still go with mostly light armor, unless your mana pool never goes below 50%.

Alternatively, you may need more health? What's your health like?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    For healing I use Healer's Habit/Eyes of Mara, all light (NB, so 12% resto staff reduction works better for me).

You should not be dying if your group is keeping aggro away from you and you are blocking when they don't.

You may want to add a piece of heavy, but I'd still go with mostly light armor, unless your mana pool never goes below 50%.

Alternatively, you may need more health? What's your health like?

Half my SP are in Magicka and the other half in Health; so over 2000.

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dead men cast no spells! :-)

I am an Imperial Templar tank, so my health is softcapped and not much of a worry. But I know there are considerations for the minimum amount of health that healers and DPS need, though, and 2000 sounds low. You want to meet those health requirements and only then start worrying about magicka, regen, spell power, weapon power, etc. Others might have better suggestions for what your stats should be.

All the top-notch healers I have seen are in Light Armor. I don't think Light Armor is your problem. You probably do not have enough health or the tank is not taunting enough (or too much!) and losing aggro. Mobs do seem to have a tendency to go after healer if not being actively taunted.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want at least 2600 health.

I became a lot less squishy once I made sure of that.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    You want at least 2600 health.

I became a lot less squishy once I made sure of that.

Excellent, I will modify my setup to increase health. Any other tips?

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the dungeon, I will have either Immovable or Harness Magicka slotted, as well as other mitigation that's available to an NB, like Ring of Preservation (I particularly like that because it costs stamina and doesn't affect my magicka pool). Sometimes every little bit helps.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character is a Sorcerer; any recommendations on Build?