The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

1.6 nightblade magicka FOTM

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    And I would switch 1-2 armor pieces to Heavy, and get 3 spell cost sreduc glyphs (3spell cost reduc =5 LA bonus). I didn't try destro on PTS for the moment, but with the low damages of my melee magicka, even with entropy and grim focus, I think its the more viable way atm. Piercing mark gives more damages buff than grim focus atm, at least on duel. During all the day, my grim focus never procced on duels, due to shield stack...

how is mark better than focus?
    Elemental Drain reduces spell resist of your enemy the same as mark + you get magicka return.
    you cant stack them both.
    elemental drain gives 8% damage increase + 10% stam regen (if the bow proc'd that would just be better.)

you could use mark but I found drain better since it returns magicka which is helpful verse stamina builds
    Oh yes, I forget you already use drain and both cant stack. With my melee build, I hit more with mark than with grim focus. Around 5% more. I'll try a destro build tomorrow I think, I'm afraid melee magicka is almost dead (I hope they will make it viable again). Would be nice to get some duels with you! :D

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    So with your build you've got what, 14-16K Health with VR10 Epic Food? I run a similar build (originally modeled after Sypher's build) but I certainly put plenty into Health for 26K while still having 24K Magicka and ok Stamina with my 1vX build. I also ALWAYS have Mass Hysteria on my bar. And yeah they need to change Grim Focus to proc against shields, it's stupid that it doesn't. Back to the Health part. IMHO in 1.6+ anything sub 20K Health is asking to be 1-shot by a good Sniper or 2H build.

I like the risk <3 plus I havent been sniped or one shot unless I wasnt paying attention

(if your refering to syphers magicka NB video... its my build x_x )
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I would switch 1-2 armor pieces to Heavy, and get 3 spell cost sreduc glyphs (3spell cost reduc =5 LA bonus). I didn't try destro on PTS for the moment, but with the low damages of my melee magicka, even with entropy and grim focus, I think its the more viable way atm. Piercing mark gives more damages buff than grim focus atm, at least on duel. During all the day, my grim focus never procced on duels, due to shield stack...

how is mark better than focus?
    Elemental Drain reduces spell resist of your enemy the same as mark + you get magicka return.
    you cant stack them both.
    elemental drain gives 8% damage increase + 10% stam regen (if the bow proc'd that would just be better.)

you could use mark but I found drain better since it returns magicka which is helpful verse stamina builds
    Oh yes, I forget you already use drain and both cant stack. With my melee build, I hit more with mark than with grim focus. Around 5% more. I'll try a destro build tomorrow I think, I'm afraid melee magicka is almost dead (I hope they will make it viable again). Would be nice to get some duels with you! :D
    I never really liked the name ;P
    Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 11:36PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    @Araxleon‌

maybe for your 5th skill run spiked bone shield? its been changed to give a 30% max health damage shield for 5/6 seconds but its only against physical attacks ie. stam version of harness. It would also return 30% of their damage so you take no damage from a stam user + you return 30% which can be alot if they are built to burst :)

Thing about spiked bone shield and returning 33% is that to return anything significant you dont hold block, if you hold block, it returns 33% mitigated damage, and he also said he does doesnt have any HP , its something tho >_<
    Edited by Suru on February 4, 2015 11:50PM

Suru
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    @Araxleon‌

maybe for your 5th skill run spiked bone shield? its been changed to give a 30% max health damage shield for 5/6 seconds but its only against physical attacks ie. stam version of harness. It would also return 30% of their damage so you take no damage from a stam user + you return 30% which can be alot if they are built to burst :)

Thing about spiked bone shield and returning 33% is that to return anything significant you dont hold block, if you hold block, it returns 33% mitigated damage, and he also said he does doesnt have any HP , its something tho >_<

well yeah :/ I really wanna test it still tho
  • Philelectric
    Philelectric
    ✭✭
    What about this stamina NB who was NOT using vigor/uppercut/bow and was able to beat the FOTM a couple of days ago? :P

You told him he was the 1rst stam build to beat you legit :P Once your shields are down or almost down, you cannot take a long beating.

Those were nice fights. I think i won more fights than you did (not sure) . But you still got me a few times
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    @Araxleon‌

Spiked boneshield gives you a damage shield now, and damage shields take full damage whether you are blocking or not. Mitigation won't be an issue in 1.6.

That said, Spiked Boneshield doesn't work right now. It gives you a shield, but it doesn't shield against anything that I've tested it against so far. I've tested it against Scorpions and Wasps in Craglorn. I die with the damage shield up and the shield takes no damage at all. Though, I guess it is possible that Scorpions and Wasps don't have melee attacks at all?

Crushing Shock Drains massive amounts of stamina if they block its good enough.

Crushing Shock only counts as one hit and drains stamina just like any other hit. I seem to recall someone testing it recently too and confirming that it's still like this (I haven't tested myself, however).

Well if thats true ( I havent tested it) I think overall like any skill its draining alot of stamina due to the changes to blocking but from what ive seen in fights people that tend to block skills ( which I mostly use crushing shock on them) tend you run out quickly

If anyone tests this I'd be interested in hearing/seeing(youtube) the results.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 5, 2015 2:27AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblades have been hit unevenly hard with the removal of two of their most used skills. I rather go full Stamina than having to resort to the boring Destro/Resto combo.
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about this stamina NB who was NOT using vigor/uppercut/bow and was able to beat the FOTM a couple of days ago? :P

You told him he was the 1rst stam build to beat you legit :P Once your shields are down or almost down, you cannot take a long beating.

Those were nice fights. I think i won more fights than you did (not sure) . But you still got me a few times

well your good I wont dely that and the last fight I won xD They were good fights but like I said its all subject to change.
    Also Im not saying our fight didnt count but at the time DC had the map and you had buffs :/ im not one to complain but buffs are waaay better now.

also its not like the build is unkillable same for you ;P
    Edited by Araxleon on February 5, 2015 2:29AM
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Magicka Nightblades have been hit unevenly hard with the removal of two of their most used skills. I rather go full Stamina than having to resort to the boring Destro/Resto combo.

<3 I wanna do my best to make a great magicka NB build.

I wont lie its not as fun tho :/
    Edited by Araxleon on February 5, 2015 2:34AM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

<3 I wanna do my best to make a great magicka NB build.
    The thing is, Destro/Resto has been viable for Nightblades for quite a while already. Having to resort to this setup for 'FoTM' seems more like a thing born out of poverty than out of wealth.

Good luck in your quest, you are not alone!

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a tie we had 2 40min duels.
    We couldnt kill eachother

Do people actually find 45 minute sustain wars in a 1v1 fun?

Not missing this place at all reading this.

Edited by Ifthir_ESO on February 5, 2015 3:17AM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What annoys me is this.

1. They told us we would have a THIRD (stamina) morph on certain skills, they never said they were going to remove magicka based morphs and make them stamina based.

2. They chose the stamina morphs unevenly across the classes. For example, a magicka melee nightblade relied heavily on either ambush or surprise attack (or both) making both of them stamina based is the same thing as them making the Crystal Fragment (auto proc morph) stamina based, or Reflective Scales stamina based, or blazing shield stamina based.

The stam morphs they gave to sorcerers where on utility abilities that weren't core aspects of their builds and have at least one viable/effective magicka morph. While Nightblades got the short end of the stick and had core abilities butchered (unless you run full stamina). DK's/Templars sat somewhere in the middle.

If they had kept their initial word regarding these changes (they mentioned on one of the ESO live's a while back) and added a 3rd stamina morph option instead of removing a magicka based. They would have given both magicka/stamina based builds decent options, without forcing us into certain builds.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened agaisnt Legendary Mage? (Just curious about who won)

It was a tie we had 2 40min duels.
    We couldnt kill eachother the shield is really big, though it was really fun.
    if grim focus proc'd on shields it would be really helpful in breaking it.

Well he fought with the template stuff and unleveled morphs.. :P
    I don't think it's an equal fight with his real equip and build, hehe.

Destro and Resto is the only combination, working for Magicka NB cause melee is crap.
    (more risky, same / lower dmg)
    So you can choose between crushing spam or Stamina build, not much room for an viable build..

I'm disappointed in zos.
    I want to play something funny involving movement, double staff is the completely opposite..

Edited by Soulac on February 5, 2015 5:12AM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

What annoys me is this.

1. They told us we would have a THIRD (stamina) morph on certain skills, they never said they were going to remove magicka based morphs and make them stamina based.
    As much as I wish this were the case, I don't remember this ever being said or implied. It was always changing certain morphs into stamina morphs from magicka as I recall it.

Edited by timidobserver on February 5, 2015 4:55AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm what has been said above. The only setup that would get something done is the Destro/Resto combo, but sadly Sorcerers also prefer this and they are much better with it.

As it stands now, I guess this leaves no other option than to join the Stamina Nightblades.

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What annoys me is this.

As much as I wish this were the case, I don't remember this ever being said or implied. It was always changing certain morphs into stamina morphs from magicka as I recall it.

I'll try to find the segment in one of the Live Streams where they said "3rd morph option" This was when they first announced some of the 1.6 changes. I'll try finding it tomorrow.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little early to be throwing builds like this out. You usually do well with whatever you make up tho.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .-. I hate being cornered into only using a staff... :c destro seems the only viable option from everything ive tried.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .-. I hate being cornered into only using a staff... :c destro seems the only viable option from everything ive tried.

Stamina *** or boring staff, so many choices /Ironie

I want my damn melee Magicka build, most funny build ever.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What annoys me is this.

2. They chose the stamina morphs unevenly across the classes. For example, a magicka melee nightblade relied heavily on either ambush or surprise attack (or both) making both of them stamina based is the same thing as them making the Crystal Fragment (auto proc morph) stamina based, or Reflective Scales stamina based, or blazing shield stamina based.

The stam morphs they gave to sorcerers where on utility abilities that weren't core aspects of their builds and have at least one viable/effective magicka morph. While Nightblades got the short end of the stick and had core abilities butchered (unless you run full stamina). DK's/Templars sat somewhere in the middle.

If they had kept their initial word regarding these changes (they mentioned on one of the ESO live's a while back) and added a 3rd stamina morph option instead of removing a magicka based. They would have given both magicka/stamina based builds decent options, without forcing us into certain builds.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

What annoys me is this.

1. Agreed. The choices for stamina-based morphs is charitably-speaking, uneven. (OK, they're bad) Especially for DK.

2. It has become par for the course that ZoS will make a statement about their game plans, and then reverse course (i.e. lie) later.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on PTS earlier trying out a funnel health build. I was fighting a sorc and my Swallow Soul was hitting for ~3500 on him, but with Hardened Ward up, they were hitting for ~400! I'm new to the siphoning builds, any reason the damage of funnel dropped so low against hardened ward?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on PTS earlier trying out a funnel health build. I was fighting a sorc and my Swallow Soul was hitting for ~3500 on him, but with Hardened Ward up, they were hitting for ~400! I'm new to the siphoning builds, any reason the damage of funnel dropped so low against hardened ward?

The game does not push damage dealt to shields to the API, so there is no way to verify what amount of damage you are dealing to a shield. The 400 damage you were seeing was the remaining damage after shield mitigation (damage dealt to his health after the shield broke).
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't Combat Log Statistics show damage against shields? Pretty sure it says something like "[PlayerXYZ] absorped X with [ShieldXYZ]".
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Doesn't Combat Log Statistics show damage against shields? Pretty sure it says something like "[PlayerXYZ] absorped X with [ShieldXYZ]".

Yes it does. What was odd is I just had the following:

DEAD
    Hardened Ward absorbed 400

Obviously not exactly written like that, but it was three in a row like that where I just spammed Swallow Soul. I died right after so don't know if Combat Statistics just bunched it all together or something cause I would have thought I would have a heal tick in there. Dunno. Would be good if someone could do a quick test with a sorc friend on pts. Do one hit with Swallow Soul with and without Hardened Ward up, see if there's a difference in incoming damage.
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade with Destro/Resto... what has this world come to?
    Supernico - VR14 DragonKnight - Daggerfall Covenant - Former Emperor

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

Yes it does. What was odd is I just had the following:

DEAD

Obviously not exactly written like that, but it was three in a row like that where I just spammed Swallow Soul. I died right after so don't know if Combat Statistics just bunched it all together or something cause I would have thought I would have a heal tick in there. Dunno. Would be good if someone could do a quick test with a sorc friend on pts. Do one hit with Swallow Soul with and without Hardened Ward up, see if there's a difference in incoming damage.

Well your swallow souls hit pretty low on the dps meter and depending on the sorcs build it would take you 2-3+ swallow souls just to break down 1 of their shields.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any swallow soul cant hit under 3000. (Or the build is shiit). I guess its a bug.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel