The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

1.6 nightblade magicka FOTM

Araxleon
Araxleon
✭✭✭✭✭
7/7 Light Armor. (sets vary) (2 cost reduction jewelry + 1 Armor Glyph
Split stats between Stamina + Magicka.
0 points in HP ( that means no HP on your gear either)
Atronach Stone

Destruction Staff Sharpened or nirnhorn (element of your choice) Disease enchantment
Crushing Shock, Concealed Weapon , Elemental Drain, Structured Entropy, Grim Focus (Stamina regen morph)

Restoration Staff Infused (shield enchantment)

Harness Magicka, Dark Cloak (or the other morph) , Healing Ward, Cripple
Last skill can be anything I personally like Mirage
(but on PTS its broken and can get you one shot from heavy attacks)

^^^
Obviously this is subject to change lol This is what ill be using but its not finished of course <3

- Crushing Shock for the Damage + interrupt and it procs on Elemental Drain 3 times returning 900 magicka making it extremely cheap.
- Concealed weapon to counter Ball of Light/ Reflect you can use cripple + cloak to speed yourself up and sneak to the target hitting and stunning them (This will be the only stun you need)
- Elemental Drain to return magicka + verse stamina builds you help you keep your magicka up.
- Entropy for the 20% damage boost.
- Grim focus for damage/stam regen boost (if it procs its amazing damage, doesnt proc on shields atm tho)

The rest of the skills on your defense bar is well for defense use cloak when you need to dodge bigger attacks cripple + cloak to get speed run to target and conceal weapon to stun.

Try to keep harness, mirage ( dont use mirage on PTS its bugged) entropy, grim focus up at all times.
use healing ward when you need to simple as that (you will need to spam it verse stam builds ALOT + cloak)

you are running low health and can easily die from stamina builds if you do NOT PAY ATTENTION
if you are paying attention it will be a struggle but you killing them is based solely on your skill and his. (Its not easy)

Tell me what you guys think? or ask questions
Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 10:44PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    infused on your resto staff?
    gag.gif
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No damage shields to stack with that light armor is bad from my understanding, armor mitigation for light armor is flushed sort of

May be way heavy attacks are killing you on pts
    Edited by RedTalon on February 4, 2015 10:25PM
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    No damage shields to stack with that light armor is bad from my understanding, armor mitigation for light armor is flushed sort of

Harness + Healing Ward is all you need.
    + Plus cloak is extremely useful to just straight up dodge (like casting it before a crystal shard hits you)
    Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 10:25PM
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What other Damage Shields do NB get other than Healing Ward and Harness Magicka?
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

+ Plus cloak is extremely useful to just straight up dodge (like casting it before a crystal shard hits you)

Given stamina attacks are hitting harder, is still not easy to dodge bows hitting you?

I have never had a problem with sorcs, more dks on live.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Araxleon Any thoughts on adding mass hysteria into the build?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said mirage is bugged thats why im dying if you run mirage heavy attacks hit for 20k+ destro, 2H, dual wield its a bug.
    The build works really well with avoiding thats all you need,
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And do you end up just banging your head against harness magicka for 30 minutes? I really don't want to go this route but I don't see another way as yet. I tried a hybrid with slightly more in stam with some medium armour, ambush, surprise attacks, but I just run out of resources in about 30 secs and I'm on the back foot.

If all else fails I'm thinking all out magicka, magicka reduction, destro, siphoning attacks and just kill people with boredom.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a stamina build so pardon some of my questions on somethings :) and thanks for explaining, deleted my ad and ep char recently after doing most of the cadwell stuff so only have one char currently.
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given stamina attacks are hitting harder, is still not easy to dodge bows hitting you?

I have never had a problem with sorcs, more dks on live.

You can dodge ALOT of attacks with cloak (other than uppercut) soo you can avoid alot of damage and with soo much magicka you can avoid soo much damage takes practice, but yeah anything can be dodged other than uppercut from what I tested.

@Araxleon Any thoughts on adding mass hysteria into the build?

Nope I dont feel its needed people dont really block anyway and Ive found its not really need because of the following reasons.

You only need it against block builds but the thing is block builds have so much stamina + CC break reduction there is no point.
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill edit the post and explain the purpose + combos
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CC? How agaisnt melee without CC and/or Shadow Image?
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W
    No damage shields to stack with that light armor is bad from my understanding, armor mitigation for light armor is flushed sort

He stacks harness magicka and healing ward.
    Should be solid against magicka users.

Not sure if enough sustain against stamina users...
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edited it, Healing ward + cloak is enough verse stamina builds Ive tested it against many good stam builds.

Your cloak + conceal is your CC. Reason why this is my only CC is because I NEED to have concealed weapon for enemies that use ball of light or reflect cuz it renders crushing shock useless, so I thought I may aswell take the benefit from the cloak + conceal stun.

If anyone is curious why im running certain things just ask there is a purpose for em all.
    (This is all tests tho, build is not 100% done)
    Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 10:48PM
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any good player will block when you cloak... more then all if there is no shadow image to drain their stamina. Why not the last slot for a fear?
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Any good player will block when you cloak... more then all if there is no shadow image to drain their stamina. Why not the last slot for a fear?

Crushing Shock Drains massive amounts of stamina if they block its good enough.
    you dont need to shadow image after alot of test I found it useless trust me I DIDNT WANNA REMOVE IT, but things were better with it gone, you can easily switch cripple for shadow image if you like but I kept cripple.

People can block it, let them it will drain stam.
    I fought velcon (amazing stamina build)
    legendary mage (amazing magicka build)
    You cant just "block it"

I just feel the last skill needs to be something to help you verse stam builds.... Im mixed about fear everyones telling me to use it but idk I prefer mirage. Ive tried fear tho and didnt like it
    Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 10:54PM
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crushing Shock only counts as one hit and drains stamina just like any other hit. I seem to recall someone testing it recently too and confirming that it's still like this (I haven't tested myself, however).
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I would switch 1-2 armor pieces to Heavy, and get 3 spell cost sreduc glyphs (3spell cost reduc =5 LA bonus). I didn't try destro on PTS for the moment, but with the low damages of my melee magicka, even with entropy and grim focus, I think its the more viable way atm. Piercing mark gives more damages buff than grim focus atm, at least on duel. During all the day, my grim focus never procced on duels, due to shield stack...
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crushing Shock only counts as one hit and drains stamina just like any other hit. I seem to recall someone testing it recently too and confirming that it's still like this (I haven't tested myself, however).

Well if thats true ( I havent tested it) I think overall like any skill its draining alot of stamina due to the changes to blocking but from what ive seen in fights people that tend to block skills ( which I mostly use crushing shock on them) tend you run out quickly
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I would switch 1-2 armor pieces to Heavy, and get 3 spell cost sreduc glyphs (3spell cost reduc =5 LA bonus). I didn't try destro on PTS for the moment, but with the low damages of my melee magicka, even with entropy and grim focus, I think its the more viable way atm. Piercing mark gives more damages buff than grim focus atm, at least on duel. During all the day, my grim focus never procced on duels, due to shield stack...

how is mark better than focus?
    Elemental Drain reduces spell resist of your enemy the same as mark + you get magicka return.
    you cant stack them both.
    elemental drain gives 8% damage increase + 10% stam regen (if the bow proc'd that would just be better.)

you could use mark but I found drain better since it returns magicka which is helpful verse stamina builds
    Edited by Araxleon on February 4, 2015 11:03PM
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araxleon‌

maybe for your 5th skill run spiked bone shield? its been changed to give a 30% max health damage shield for 5/6 seconds but its only against physical attacks ie. stam version of harness. It would also return 30% of their damage so you take no damage from a stam user + you return 30% which can be alot if they are built to burst :)
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    @Araxleon‌

maybe for your 5th skill run spiked bone shield? its been changed to give a 30% max health damage shield for 5/6 seconds but its only against physical attacks ie. stam version of harness. It would also return 30% of their damage so you take no damage from a stam user + you return 30% which can be alot if they are built to burst :)

I was thinking about that! though it would only work if I built stamina regen but isnt regen nerfed from jewelry
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you dont need to shadow image after alot of test I found it useless trust me I DIDNT WANNA REMOVE IT, but things were better with it gone, you can easily switch cripple for shadow image if you like but I kept cripple.

People can block it, let them it will drain stam.
    I fought velcon (amazing stamina build)
    legendary mage (amazing magicka build)
    You cant just "block it"

I just feel the last skill needs to be something to help you verse stam builds.... Im mixed about fear everyones telling me to use it but idk I prefer mirage. Ive tried fear tho and didnt like it
    ppl wont hold block anymore, but when they see you use cloak, they will block. You cannot drain their stamina and cc them if they block only when you use cloak. On duels good players do that mostly. But I believe you, since you tested this while I didnt :)

~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened agaisnt Legendary Mage? (Just curious about who won)
    ~retired~
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araxleon‌

I was thinking about that! though it would only work if I built stamina regen but isnt regen nerfed from jewelry

yeh it is but with passive 30% and then another 30/40% from grim focus you could run a good amount of stam regen. I wouldnt be spamming that ability but i just think if you timed it right ie. wrecking blow, you could mitgate alot of damage and return quite alot. Your light armour so you really need something to help with doding/mitigating
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about stam builds that use piecing mark? :/

I was trying to stack bone shield with healing ward at one point but I didn't have enough stamina regen to run it with unstoppable.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on February 4, 2015 11:15PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened agaisnt Legendary Mage? (Just curious about who won)

It was a tie we had 2 40min duels.
    We couldnt kill eachother the shield is really big, though it was really fun.
    if grim focus proc'd on shields it would be really helpful in breaking it.
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araxleon‌

yeh it is but with passive 30% and then another 30/40% from grim focus you could run a good amount of stam regen. I wouldnt be spamming that ability but i just think if you timed it right ie. wrecking blow, you could mitgate alot of damage and return quite alot. Your light armour so you really need something to help with doding/mitigating

dont forget champion passives ;P
    I feel like its not something we can do not but once we get ALOT of points we can get 50% stam regen
    Options
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about stam builds that use piecing mark? :/

I was trying to stack bone shield with healing ward at one point but I didn't have enough stamina regen to run it with unstoppable.

I have had people use it on me and it didnt really bother me (the mark)
    but that was just from the NB i fought I guess

I think the stun still works? but I dont remember
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with your build you've got what, 14-16K Health with VR10 Epic Food? I run a similar build (originally modeled after Sypher's build) but I certainly put plenty into Health for 26K while still having 24K Magicka and ok Stamina with my 1vX build. I also ALWAYS have Mass Hysteria on my bar. And yeah they need to change Grim Focus to proc against shields, it's stupid that it doesn't. Back to the Health part. IMHO in 1.6+ anything sub 20K Health is asking to be 1-shot by a good Sniper or 2H build.
    Options