The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Provisioning Recipes and Ingredients in 1.6

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    As for recipe level changes - We established an intensely regular pattern with recipe distribution, and certain level bands of recipes under the old system had an enormous amount more than we felt was really necessary. So, in carrying that pattern upwards in levels, we had to select certain foods to "level up" and certain foods to leave as-is.

This doesn't make any sense to me. VR5 Consummate Honey Brittle is converting to VR10, which is the only one with a rare ingredient that drops in the world, Pepper. VR5 Consummate Sweetroll and VR5 Consummate Honey Pudding require Tomato and Oats, neither of which can drop from in the world, and neither of them are converting to VR10!

Where is the sense in this? I just can't make heads or tails of the reasoning here. Your data should clearly show that the distribution of food people are making is skewed in favor of Honey Brittle, why not level up all VR5 Purple food to VR10? It just seems very heavy-handed and arbitrary to make only Honey Brittle "level up".

@Rook_Master

What are you talking about? I thought VR5 Consummate Sweetroll converted to VR10 The Emperor's Venison Fricassee. Did this change in 1.6.1? Also, Level 50 Consummate Crab Meat Stew converts to VR10 Ultimate Riverhold Beef Tacos. That Sweetroll recipe requires oats and the Crab Meat Stew recipe requires tomatoes, so all three recipe types convert to VR10.

I really do not understand the basis of your complaint. Do you need to consult some of the conversion spreadsheets floating around or did the Provisioning overhaul get overhauled again between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1?

OK, so VR5 Purple Sweetroll converts, but soup doesn't, along with numerous other Purples, so that point still stands.

There are more recipes and ingredients in 1.5 than in 1.6. Not everything can convert. I really do not understand your confusion about this.

Also, a level 50 soup converts to VR10 so soups are not being ignored. If you have a stack of VR5 Consummate Honey Pudding, how about selling it or trading it for a stack of Level 50 Consummate Crab Meat Stew? Problem solved!
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, that level 50 soup is hard to make.