The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Provisioning Recipes and Ingredients in 1.6

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please list any new Provisioning recipes and ingredients found in 1.6. I believe I had learned every single recipe in the game on the live server except for 3 so it is surprising to find a new unknown recipe so soon as I have begun looking.

Narsis Bantam Guar Hash (Recipe Improvement 3) - Increase Max Health by 2217 and Max Stamina by 2016. Ingredients: Poultry, Beets and Saltrice (Displays as Known)

Roasted Beet and Millet Salad (Recipe Improvement 3) - Increase Max Stamina by 2400. Ingredients: Beets and Millet (Displays as Known)

Sweet Slaughterfish Tea (Recipe Improvement 4) - Increase Magicka Recovery by 135. Ingredients: Comberry and Seaweed (Does not display as Known)
Edited by LonePirate on January 27, 2015 11:57PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have no idea - I'm just now taking screen shots of my cooking fire on PTS and not a single one of my 4 Purple foods is the same and every one requires one or more new ingredients that didn't convert from old.

I'll start compiling a matrix tomorrow after I see what my hirelings bring in.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    You have no idea - I'm just now taking screen shots of my cooking fire on PTS and not a single one of my 4 Purple foods is the same and every one requires one or more new ingredients that didn't convert from old.

I'll start compiling a matrix tomorrow after I see what my hirelings bring in.

Your supposed to be able to buy the new ingredients from grocers, and sell the ingredients that didn't convert.

I'm not on the PTS (still trying to get a Vet level or two under my belt before the change) so I don't know it this has happened, but I would try finding a Grocer
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone started another thread and posted this
    ninibini wrote: »
    Hey,

I've tried to match the ingredients of my ingredients mule on live and pts.
    Here's my list. Not sure on all ingredients. Maybe someone can verify.

new --> old

Acai Berry --> Jazbay Grapes ?
    Bervez Juice --> Oats ?
    Carrots --> Hops (purple v10, v5)
    Cheese --> Barley
    Corn --> Mudcrab Meat (purple v10)
    Flour --> Salt
    Frost Miriam--> Tomato? (purple v10, v5, v1)
    Garlic --> Flour
    Ginger --> Juniper Berry
    Ginko --> Kaveh Beans?
    Ginseng --> Piquant Jazbay Grapes
    Honey --> Hallertau Hops
    Ising Glass --> Honey Comb
    Lemon --> Concord Grapes / Crystal Berry
    Metheglin --> White Grapes
    Millet --> Onion
    Saltrice --> Potato
    Seasoning --> Red Wheat
    Seeweed --> Snowberry
    Surille Grapes --> Concord Grapes / Crystal Berry
    Wheat --> Bervez Fruit

also here as google doc
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Niy-zOvB4U8OC8f1o24K1f64HCyaOmo3BkOI2fKRxc/edit?usp=sharing
    I'll post a link for this thread there and we can have it all together.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reposting here
    Can confirm the Acai Berry > Jazbay Grapes
    Poultry > Beef (purple 45, V5)
    Radish > Liver
    Edited by Xendyn on January 28, 2015 4:38PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

new --> old

Bervez Juice --> Oats ?
    Cheese --> Barley
    Flour --> Salt
    Garlic --> Flour
    Ginger --> Juniper Berry
    Ginko --> Kaveh Beans?
    Honey --> Hallertau Hops
    Millet --> Onion
    Saltrice --> Potato
    Seasoning --> Red Wheat
    Seeweed --> Snowberry
    Wheat --> Bervez Fruit

also here as google doc
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Niy-zOvB4U8OC8f1o24K1f64HCyaOmo3BkOI2fKRxc/edit?usp=sharing

I had TONNES of honeycomb but have none of that Ising Glass ;-/

And alllll my peppers :( So sad.
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 4:23PM
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    reposting here
    Can confirm the Acai Berry > Jazbay Grapes
    Poultry > Beef (purple 45, V5)

Alll those beefs I was all *[snip] it* about - whoopsie!

Goes around collecting alllllll the beefs!
    Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 4:24PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Hey,

new --> old

Bervez Juice --> Oats ?
    Cheese --> Barley
    Flour --> Salt
    Garlic --> Flour
    Ginger --> Juniper Berry
    Ginko --> Kaveh Beans?
    Honey --> Hallertau Hops
    Millet --> Onion
    Saltrice --> Potato
    Seasoning --> Red Wheat
    Seeweed --> Snowberry
    Wheat --> Bervez Fruit

also here as google doc

I had TONNES of honeycomb but have none of that Ising Glass ;-/

And alllll my peppers :( So sad.

Well Try your grocers, also your Brewers and Chefs, since these are supposed to sell most ingredients now (in 1.6, not yet on main servers).
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep they do - or seem to!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recipe Conversions

Thinking it might be good to list these as well, at least for purple ones. Seems to be a little inconsistent.

lvl 50 Consummate Mudcrab Cakes > V1 Planked Abecean Longfish
    lvl 50 Consummate Fishy Sticks > V5 Duck Soup
    V5 Consummate Sweetrolls > V10 Emperor's Venison Fricassee

Kind of looking like the best thing to do may be cook up the highest level recipes and let them convert that way.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure I remember a quote that said any pre-made food from 1.5 would still stay the same in 1.6, but that you wouldn't be able to make any more of it.

So if you make a load of consumate sweetrolls before 1.6 they WON'T convert to the new V10 once 1.6 goes live....
    Edited by Flaminir on January 28, 2015 7:38PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll have to go find some clarification on that then, as the ones I listed above are what my Live characters food supplies changed to when I loaded them on PTS.

PC/NA
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok... I found the info... it was on the official provisioning update thread....

A big & very helpful post from ZoS...

4. “What happens to all of the foods and drinks I’ve already made?”

They will all still be edible and useful. Many of the foods and drinks you’ve made before will remain as they are today; not even their names will change (they won’t become “old”) – you just won’t be able to make them anymore. Some foods will change their names and icons, but will still be as useful as before.

So actually from now looking at this... maybe some will re-level, & others won't. Hmmm....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146599/official-discussion-thread-for-update-6-guide-provisioning/p2
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some different purple foods in my inventory. One purple VR1 was converted to a VR1 and a different VR1 was converted to a VR5 and a purple VR5 was converted to a VR 10.

Recipes as well seem to have been converted I had all three VR1 and VR5 purple food recipes and in PTS my provisioning toon had 2 purple VR1, VR5 and VR10 recipes. I think my lvl 45 purple was converted to a VR1 purple because I didn't have a purple lvl 45 recipe any more from memory.

Fun and games. I'm planning on converting all my pepper into food before hand because the grocers do not sell rare ingredients and oats and tomatoes convert but apparently have a lower drop. So I would rather have the food convert than have a small amount of gold for my pepper.
    Edited by Curragraigue on January 31, 2015 5:54AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the real question is not about VR mats, recipes, armor, foods. etc. It's what happens to all these higher level items when VR disappears. Really, why did they even bother with VR10 recipes if they go away in an update or two?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    I have a Guild Member doing some PTS/Live server research and she has compiled a spreadsheet of the ingredients, what they are becoming, and at the bottom of the doc is a tab for the ingredients that are going 'old'. Shes been working on this since she was able to get into the PTS as well as spending her time comparing.. So here, courtesy of @tiggery from the Badd Wolfe Traders Guild, NA server is the doc that our guild is using for conversion to 1.6

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xBgf4E3S8Y9dwL0J8g7YaRCVyt6gv8Qoo4WqYvT9dEc/edit#gid=0

If you have any questions, comments or ideas, feel free to message or send @tiggery an in-game mail..
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I think the real question is not about VR mats, recipes, armor, foods. etc. It's what happens to all these higher level items when VR disappears. Really, why did they even bother with VR10 recipes if they go away in an update or two?

If... :)

I'm not happy about losing honeycomb - no sweetrolls? :'(
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I'm surprised the Khajit aren't rioting about no moon sugar!

Also ty Tiggery and Markeus for that ss!

PC/NA
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetrolls are totally still a thing. It wouldn't be a Tamriel without sweetrolls.

We know a lot of walkers are upset about the change to moon sugar - please bear with us, as we have some other plans for the mytho-culinary spice of which our feline friends are so fond.

As for recipe level changes - We established an intensely regular pattern with recipe distribution, and certain level bands of recipes under the old system had an enormous amount more than we felt was really necessary. So, in carrying that pattern upwards in levels, we had to select certain foods to "level up" and certain foods to leave as-is. It was our desire to never, ever reduce the level of efficacy food has, and so any time a food's recipe level has changed, it has increased.

There are many more recipes than there were previously, of course, and locating new recipes should prove to be a very achievable goal - so if you happen to find yourself with food you can no longer personally eat, with how recipe acquisition works now, you should be able to locate something to replace it in a fairly reasonable timeframe.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    There are many more recipes than there were previously, of course, and locating new recipes should prove to be a very achievable goal
    Seriously? Now there's going to be more than the 350± recipes that currently exist in game?!?!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for recipe level changes - We established an intensely regular pattern with recipe distribution, and certain level bands of recipes under the old system had an enormous amount more than we felt was really necessary. So, in carrying that pattern upwards in levels, we had to select certain foods to "level up" and certain foods to leave as-is. It was our desire to never, ever reduce the level of efficacy food has, and so any time a food's recipe level has changed, it has increased.
    That makes a certain amount of sense (I mean people would be complaining if their food was suddenly less potent), but I just logged on to PTS and noticed that my VR5 character (my highest level) now has a stack of food that he can't use until VR10...

I wouldn't really mind (I mean, I can always sell that food to someone), except that it's purple quality food, and making a new stack of food that's of a level he can actually use is going to take a significant amount of rare ingredients that can't be bought from a vendor.

I know, I know, the solution is to level him up to VR10 before 1.6 goes live, but that's unlikely.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a complete list of all the converted ingredients. Here it is.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149061/
    Enjoy!
    Edited by Faunter on January 30, 2015 1:14AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    I made a complete list of all the converted ingredients. Here it is.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149061/
    Enjoy!

wiki/Online:Provisioning_Ingredients#Provisioning_Revamp_Ingredient_Conversion
    Quicker link, your link is via another thread, not complaining, just giving a direct link to your Wiki page.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 30, 2015 10:56AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo, from that ingredient conversion list, the takeaway is that you should use up all of your canis root, pepper, piquant jazbay grapes, and saaz hops before 1.6 goes live.

I mean, for the other ingredients that are going stale, who cares: they're common ingredients and you'll now be able to sell them to a vendor for enough to buy new common ingredients.

For those rare ingredients that are going stale, though, I'd much rather use them up to make valuable purple food/drinks than sell them for 10 gold a pop.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    Thanks for the list. (I can't test conversion as EU chars were not copied to PTS.) I am not quite sure if I like it at all where 1.6 takes us provisioners. I knew all of my ingredients. Why mix old and new names or re-use old names for new ingredients for different recipes? This is more than confusing.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find v10 blue recipes on PTS yet? I've spent over 10 hours looting and stealing from every wardrobe, bag, and dresser I can come across to no avail. I've found plenty of v10 green recipes and I have the epic ones, but no blue (duo food/drink). I'm trying to find the values in particular for v10 Health + Stamina food.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find v10 blue recipes on PTS yet? I've spent over 10 hours looting and stealing from every wardrobe, bag, and dresser I can come across to no avail. I've found plenty of v10 green recipes and I have the epic ones, but no blue (duo food/drink). I'm trying to find the values in particular for v10 Health + Stamina food.

The recipe drop mechanics in 1.6 are radically different than in 1.5. Unlike in the live 1.5 server where my VR14 (Provisioning 50) character finds only VR5 level recipes, my 1.6 character copy has found recipes of every single level it seems. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what is found.

I believe I found a couple of blue VR10 recipes over the weekend while looting in my VR6 zone and Cyrodiil; but I was not aware of what level they were when I found them. I think I also received one from a Provisioning writ (which offer better ingredient rewards now).
  • ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ZOS_Bel_Shezzar
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than recipe level being determined by your level, we unified recipes found in the world to be largely identical to the level of the area in which they are found. This can have fairly broad ranges (depending on the zone in question) but, for recipes not given to you by writs, it should universally be the case.

Writs grant you recipes based on your own provisioning skill, so with how writs work, you will generally be awarded recipes you can use right away.
    Chris Balser
    Systems Team - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for recipe level changes - We established an intensely regular pattern with recipe distribution, and certain level bands of recipes under the old system had an enormous amount more than we felt was really necessary. So, in carrying that pattern upwards in levels, we had to select certain foods to "level up" and certain foods to leave as-is.

This doesn't make any sense to me. VR5 Consummate Honey Brittle is converting to VR10, which is the only one with a rare ingredient that drops in the world, Pepper. VR5 Consummate Sweetroll and VR5 Consummate Honey Pudding require Tomato and Oats, neither of which can drop from in the world, and neither of them are converting to VR10!

Where is the sense in this? I just can't make heads or tails of the reasoning here. Your data should clearly show that the distribution of food people are making is skewed in favor of Honey Brittle, why not level up all VR5 Purple food to VR10? It just seems very heavy-handed and arbitrary to make only Honey Brittle "level up".
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As for recipe level changes - We established an intensely regular pattern with recipe distribution, and certain level bands of recipes under the old system had an enormous amount more than we felt was really necessary. So, in carrying that pattern upwards in levels, we had to select certain foods to "level up" and certain foods to leave as-is.

This doesn't make any sense to me. VR5 Consummate Honey Brittle is converting to VR10, which is the only one with a rare ingredient that drops in the world, Pepper. VR5 Consummate Sweetroll and VR5 Consummate Honey Pudding require Tomato and Oats, neither of which can drop from in the world, and neither of them are converting to VR10!

Where is the sense in this? I just can't make heads or tails of the reasoning here. Your data should clearly show that the distribution of food people are making is skewed in favor of Honey Brittle, why not level up all VR5 Purple food to VR10? It just seems very heavy-handed and arbitrary to make only Honey Brittle "level up".

@Rook_Master

What are you talking about? I thought VR5 Consummate Sweetroll converted to VR10 The Emperor's Venison Fricassee. Did this change in 1.6.1? Also, Level 50 Consummate Crab Meat Stew converts to VR10 Ultimate Riverhold Beef Tacos. That Sweetroll recipe requires oats and the Crab Meat Stew recipe requires tomatoes, so all three recipe types convert to VR10.

I really do not understand the basis of your complaint. Do you need to consult some of the conversion spreadsheets floating around or did the Provisioning overhaul get overhauled again between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1?
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

@Rook_Master

What are you talking about? I thought VR5 Consummate Sweetroll converted to VR10 The Emperor's Venison Fricassee. Did this change in 1.6.1? Also, Level 50 Consummate Crab Meat Stew converts to VR10 Ultimate Riverhold Beef Tacos. That Sweetroll recipe requires oats and the Crab Meat Stew recipe requires tomatoes, so all three recipe types convert to VR10.

I really do not understand the basis of your complaint. Do you need to consult some of the conversion spreadsheets floating around or did the Provisioning overhaul get overhauled again between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1?

OK, so VR5 Purple Sweetroll converts, but soup doesn't, along with numerous other Purples, so that point still stands.

The conversion rewards people that game the system ahead of time, in this case by crafting food that will convert to VR10. I know what I'm doing with my Pepper, and it's not going to be vendoring it for 10g in 1.6