The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Still Skeptical (1.6 AoE)

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firellight wrote: »
    Removed hard caps on the number of targets that can be affected by area of effect abilities.
    AoE abilities can now hit up to 60 targets; the first 6 will take 100% damage, the next 24 targets will take 50% damage, and the last 30 targets will take 25% damage.
    Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Caltrops, will only snare the 6 targets who take full damage.

My issues with AoE are that we can't control who is taking full damage, and zerging is still a decent way to win battles.

What are your thoughts?

Grouping or "Zerging" as you call it will always be the most decent way to win battles. This is large scale pvp and it is a multiplayer game.

If you want to increase your chances to win, you must join an organized group and join a teamspeak server.

If you wanna solo play, and get kills without dying, roll a nightblade, go full squishy mode and kill people in 3 seconds. Just don't cry if you die as fast after someone chased you with a stealth detection ability / potion.

Not sure what people try to complain about when they say that "zerging is still a decent way to win battles". Are you saying that you should be able to kill as many players only by yourself ?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

There are so many changes in this patch that help you deal with organized groups. I lost the count while reading it.

A couple changes that you should take into consideration :

- Siege weapons does alot more damage if you invest everything in health.
    - Siege weapons ignore target's armor.
    - Siege weapons deal 10% more damage.
    - Soul Tether damages up to 6 targets.
    - Aoe Cap changes.
    - Magicka Detonation.
    - Unstable Wall explosion damage increased by 30%.
    - Fiery Breath damage over time increased by 30%.
    - Dual Wield (Sparks) redesigned into Blade Cloak which reduce area of effect damage taken by the caster by 20% for 15 seconds.
    - Weakness to Elements can be cast on multiple targets.
    - Necrotic Orb damage per tick increased by 30%.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 28, 2015 6:18PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    Alacrity's 'new' zerg busting strat

HolyGrail061.jpg

its-over-the-nfl-labor-negotiations-have-failed.jpg
    Havok ^
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    Zerging will be the only viable playstyle after this goes live, in its current state.

So many oversights/issues with all of it, I dont even know where to begin.
    Zerging is always going to be effective. Why shouldn't it be?

Zerging is a viable option, but it's a very cheap tactic, and players should have the consequence that they could be wiped with a siege. The problem is that zergs are both easy to attack and defend with. Zerging shouldn't, imo, have both of these benefits.
    My group, for example, has almost no Sorcs so we've had to zergbust without negates and such things for ages.
    Member of Havoc

Uh what?
    I run with Havoc time to time, but most of my time is spent in leading or running VE groups.

Cause, you know, I have both in the sig where you picked one :/
    Edited by Satiar on January 28, 2015 6:46PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    What I'm most skeptical about is how the game will handle the increase damage calculations. It already struggles with the 6 target limit, I don't see it getting any better when it has to calculate which target takes full, which takes 50%, and which takes 25%.

Anyone in the area of effect should take full damage, their system is *** stupid.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is always going to be effective. Why shouldn't it be?

Zerging is a viable option, but it's a very cheap tactic, and players should have the consequence that they could be wiped with a siege. The problem is that zergs are both easy to attack and defend with. Zerging shouldn't, imo, have both of these benefits.

Tell that to nearly every army in the history of war.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

HolyGrail061.jpg

its-over-the-nfl-labor-negotiations-have-failed.jpg
    Havok ^

silence!! you are both tribunal worshipping fools and that's the end of it!!!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Someone said Tribunal?

Before posting here, have you been able to try the new alliance war abilities to see what kind of damage we are talking about ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

Someone said Tribunal?

Before posting here, have you been able to try the new alliance war abilities to see what kind of damage we are talking about ?

the zerg buster does mediocre damage, and will not be stopping any zergs if it stays the way it is now. I have watched half of a large group pump this zerg bombing ability into enemy blobs to no avail. May as well not even use it; it is a waste of a slot.

revealing flare is nice

have yet to try vigor, but I NEED it, it is a cheap cost for me, and an excellent HoT, not to mention the benefits it could have for my allies...

I needz a self heal!!! it is the one thing my build lacks, and what gets me killed constantly.

I have not tried guard, nor will I(nor do I even have it unlocked) as I am not built to take punishment. Ask around for someone who has used it, let them fill you in.
    Edited by Cody on January 29, 2015 12:54AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm most skeptical about is how the game will handle the increase damage calculations. It already struggles with the 6 target limit, I don't see it getting any better when it has to calculate which target takes full, which takes 50%, and which takes 25%.

From what I've witnessed firsthand, half a group of the lag monkeys sends ping up to the mid 500s during a small siege.

This is on the pts with none of the pops past 1 bar... hell, the total population of all 3 factions was probably less than a single bar at the time.

If that's anything to go by, and it's not just the pts pvp server being inferior to the live ones, than it does not bode well for march.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HolyGrail061.jpg

Lol @Valnas , made me lol. Cowbuchet would be much more efficient than just meatbags.

Much catch up with you for some PvP'ing PTS testing if your around, has been an age since I've grouped up with you.
    Edited by kijima on January 29, 2015 2:09AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »

From what I've witnessed firsthand, half a group of the lag monkeys sends ping up to the mid 500s during a small siege.

This is on the pts with none of the pops past 1 bar... hell, the total population of all 3 factions was probably less than a single bar at the time.

If that's anything to go by, and it's not just the pts pvp server being inferior to the live ones, than it does not bode well for march.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will stack right up until groups start running meteor ultimate. Like seriously... Watch 2 or 3 of those wipe stacks of people in seconds.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if AOE spamlagging gets you killed, it will still allow the lag clown car to lag out fights.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone test if NB-fear is an AoE now? Is it blockable now?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    Nope it's not. In fact it got buffed to 3 targets. The mechanics of fear wont change until the mechanics of permablocking is changed. ;)
    Edited by TheBull on January 30, 2015 3:02PM
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best way to combat zerging is to split your own zerg into smaller groups and attack multiple objectives.

Coordinated havoc does combat zerging effectively, but it requires way more organization and communication, which is why you see less of it.

Dude you are talking about tactics, people dont use tactics in PVP are you CRAY CRAY?
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Removed hard caps on the number of targets that can be affected by area of effect abilities.
    AoE abilities can now hit up to 60 targets; the first 6 will take 100% damage, the next 24 targets will take 50% damage, and the last 30 targets will take 25% damage.
    Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Caltrops, will only snare the 6 targets who take full damage.

My issues with AoE are that we can't control who is taking full damage, and zerging is still a decent way to win battles.

What are your thoughts?

Grouping or "Zerging" as you call it will always be the most decent way to win battles. This is large scale pvp and it is a multiplayer game.

If you want to increase your chances to win, you must join an organized group and join a teamspeak server.

If you wanna solo play, and get kills without dying, roll a nightblade, go full squishy mode and kill people in 3 seconds. Just don't cry if you die as fast after someone chased you with a stealth detection ability / potion.

Not sure what people try to complain about when they say that "zerging is still a decent way to win battles". Are you saying that you should be able to kill as many players only by yourself ?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

There are so many changes in this patch that help you deal with organized groups. I lost the count while reading it.

A couple changes that you should take into consideration :

- Siege weapons does alot more damage if you invest everything in health.
    - Siege weapons ignore target's armor.
    - Siege weapons deal 10% more damage.
    - Soul Tether damages up to 6 targets.
    - Aoe Cap changes.
    - Magicka Detonation.
    - Unstable Wall explosion damage increased by 30%.
    - Fiery Breath damage over time increased by 30%.
    - Dual Wield (Sparks) redesigned into Blade Cloak which reduce area of effect damage taken by the caster by 20% for 15 seconds.
    - Weakness to Elements can be cast on multiple targets.
    - Necrotic Orb damage per tick increased by 30%.

I think the changes to siege and blocking will be pretty important ones to deterring zergs. I think with these changes we'll see more siege used in open field battles to deter zergs, and more fire trebs in keep battles by the attacking side. Maybe people will have to make multiple breaches to spread out the counter siege even?
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »
    Nope it's not. In fact it got buffed to 3 targets. The mechanics of fear wont change until the mechanics of permablocking is changed. ;)

The mechanics of blocking were changed, or at least their costs. From what I hear permablocking is much less viable now, as you run out of stam far quicker.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think i see luvboard on the stairs in the havoc group shot. Or it could be rain, all that mist.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk