The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is this "nightcapping"?!

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's were I stand with the whole "night capping" thing of course everyone wants to play during
    Their prime time of course. What I don't understand is why they will continue to do it against no opposition.

If there are no players why don't you go pve? That's all you are doing is killing pve characters anyway.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Here's were I stand with the whole "night capping" thing of course everyone wants to play during
    Their prime time of course. What I don't understand is why they will continue to do it against no opposition.

If there are no players why don't you go pve? That's all you are doing is killing pve characters anyway.

Usually in the mornings when I sign on (EP player here), I go around ganking in cyro to try and do my bounties. Maybe fight at some resources, sometimes ignore when a keep gets hit so that maybe AD/DC can gain some ground back. After awhile I leave and go do my dailies or writs because it's boring. There are almost always EP groups running in the EST morning time, and I feel bad because I know they want to do things like take keeps and all but dang it, an all red map isn't very fun.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I was on bloodthorn back in the day left as soon as I could. Fighting no one sucks.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Ahdora wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    What people denying the existence of "nightcapping" don't seem to acknowledge is that there are indeed players who are playing at for them otherwise unusual times to achieve their goals when most of the enemies are sleeping.
    If there are people calling someone a "nightcapper" because he plays at other times that is silly indeed but can't deny that some players are indeed "nightcapping".
    I already said I did that myself. Not often, but sometimes. I don't understand how one could still deny it.

I'm sure there are, but you won't convince me that the majority of the population for one faction are made up of such people. Not without hard evidence.

I don't believe it is the majority. More like one group of people. The same group that previously played AD and did the same thing then.