The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher re-install

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Can someone tell me how to properly re-install the ESO Launcher?
I've logged in my ESO account and see a single button Download Game(screenshot), is this the launcher?
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Jimboo84,

Absolutely! It's a relatively simple process that shouldn't take long at all.
    1. Head to the control panel, Add/Remove programs, and remove the Bethesda.net_Launcher. This won't delete ESO itself, just the launcher.
    2. Head to account.zenimaxonline.com and sign in
    3. Choose Download Game
    4. Run the installer, ensure that you point the installation to the same location as your ESO files. If you installed the game to the default location, you won't have to make any changes. If you installed to an alternate location, make sure you point the installer to the base Elder Scrolls Online folder.
    5. Run the launcher. A short update may occur while the new launcher looks for the ESO files, but it shouldn't take long. Then click play!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Hi GaryA,

The only item of ESO I see in Add/Remove programs is Elder Scrolls Online. There is no line mentioned with launcher, so I assume this should be the game itself and not the Launcher? See attachment
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Jimboo84,

It's listed as the Bethesda.net launcher, so it might be further up in the item list. If not, you can simply navigate to the folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online and rename the launcher folder Launcher.old. From there, follow steps 2-5, then run the launcher from the new launcher folder that appears.

If everything works, feel free to delete the Launcher.old folder and all of its contents.

If it doesn't work, delete the new Launcher folder, rename Launcher.old back to Launcher so you can get back into the game, and let us know :D.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post