Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Diversify Keep and Fort battles - a great idea!

Messy1
Messy1
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so sometimes it gets a little boring capturing keeps, forts, and resources because the strategy is all the same, the layouts are all essentially the same. So I suggest that Cyrodil diversify and alter the structure and shape of the keeps in order to provide more interesting battles.

For example) every keep should have their own strengths and weaknesses. Small groups should be able to sabotage susceptible parts of a keep to let the main forces flow in. Full frontal assaults should also be viable.

Maybe, just maybe, certain AoE effects should be banned from Cyrodil. Players should be rewarded for organizing troop formations. Like a group of 10 or more bow wielders gets a bonus to attack. Give alliances army organization tools for players to fill the roles they want to do.

The more control and strategies players have available to them the better the game can be. I rarely see a faction split it's group up and assault two sides of a fort or other tactics be employed CAUSE every keep battle is ESSENTIALLY the SAME.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like a group of 10 or more bow wielders gets a bonus to attack.
    O_o

While that point wouldn't really diversify anything, difersifying keep battles and battle formations dousn't sound bad :P .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make the 3 bridges at Alessia / Bloodmayne capturable, same goes for the 3 choke points / milegates at Chalman and Kingscrest, and the 3 gates near Ash and Rayles.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make the 3 bridges at Alessia / Bloodmayne capturable, same goes for the 3 choke points / milegates at Chalman and Kingscrest, and the 3 gates near Ash and Rayles.

And the towns should be captureable, too. (Bruma, cropsford, etc) hell, all you have to do is add a "field" of columbine somewhere and people will fight over that all day long.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    *snip*
    hell, all you have to do is add a "field" of columbine somewhere and people will fight over that all day long.

I. want. THIS.
    Edited by Karamis_Vimardon on January 27, 2015 12:07PM
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the towns should be captureable, too. (Bruma, cropsford, etc) hell, all you have to do is add a "field" of columbine somewhere and people will fight over that all day long.

Ingenious! Capturable resources, mines, AMD mills and farms that actually produce something and are worth capturing.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea, what if flags flipped slower if more than 12 ppl are standing on it trying to flip it.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    I have an idea, what if flags flipped slower if more than 12 ppl are standing on it trying to flip it.

"Get Off The Flag, Get Off The Flag!!!"..............wut?
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

best idea ever! @zos_brianwheeler make it happen, man.
    Edited by Lorkhan on January 27, 2015 1:10PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *snip*
    hell, all you have to do is add a "field" of columbine somewhere and people will fight over that all day long.

I. want. THIS.

Yes. Plz. I would be one of those who fought all day long over that field of columbine...or bugloss...omg. D:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Okay so sometimes it gets a little boring capturing keeps, forts, and resources because the strategy is all the same, the layouts are all essentially the same. So I suggest that Cyrodil diversify and alter the structure and shape of the keeps in order to provide more interesting battles.

For example) every keep should have their own strengths and weaknesses. Small groups should be able to sabotage susceptible parts of a keep to let the main forces flow in. Full frontal assaults should also be viable.

Maybe, just maybe, certain AoE effects should be banned from Cyrodil. Players should be rewarded for organizing troop formations. Like a group of 10 or more bow wielders gets a bonus to attack. Give alliances army organization tools for players to fill the roles they want to do.

The more control and strategies players have available to them the better the game can be. I rarely see a faction split it's group up and assault two sides of a fort or other tactics be employed CAUSE every keep battle is ESSENTIALLY the SAME.

*hiss*
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »

Like a group of 10 or more bow wielders gets a bonus to attack. .

Are. You. Insane.

This is one of the better ideas I've heard in a long long time.
    Edited by Huntler on January 27, 2015 4:26PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I add my point of view to this conversation, I'd like to say that the increased cap to aoe's is probably going to do what you're asking.
    On the buff side: only 6 people will get a buff associated with the spell, (if the spell heals, and assuming at least 60 people are blobbed together) those same 6 will be healed, 24 will be healed for 50%, then 30 people be healed for 25%.
    On the offensive side: 6 people will be debuffed/dotted/cced, those same 6 will be damaged, next 24 will be damaged for 50%, next 30 will be damaged for 25%.
    Most well organized blobs nowadays have about 3 or 4 dedicated aoe healers but that group will be targeted by 30+ aoe dpsers which, after 1.6, will now easily out damage the healers in this case.
    It should greatly change the organized PvP meta game. Stacking on crown will no longer be viable to staying alive.
    Edited by NotSo on January 27, 2015 4:27PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade