The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is a Werewolf Nightblade stamina build viable?

roses1241
roses1241
Posting here to see if there are people out there with these and what kind of skills they are running.
Currently level 33 and just bitten. So I'm in the process of building my own still.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is
    Screenshot_20141227_201853.png

My PvE build
    2H bar
    carve (wrecking blow*):executioner:power extraction:critical rush:rally :: flawless dawnbreaker (WW transformation*)
    * - for soloing WB
    bow bar
    venom arrow:lethal arrow:arrow barrage:acid spray:focused attacks :: flawless dawnbreaker

Armour: hvy torso,light belt,5 med
    hunding's rage 5 + ashen grip 3
    Edited by Stannum on January 22, 2015 8:33AM
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    Right now in working with dual wield.
    I'll keep yours in mind!
    Anyone else have one they wanna share?
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    Up
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dare say its the MOST viable, due to the NB passives that go so well with stamina builds.

• roses1241
    roses1241
    That's what I figured.
    I'm just trying to find the right skill bar setup to run with a wolf
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Question, isn't lychantropy just useful while you are transformed? I would love trying it out but being unable to use your other abilities in PVP seems rather... weak.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    Question, isn't lychantropy just useful while you are transformed? I would love trying it out but being unable to use your other abilities in PVP seems rather... weak.
    When you are not transformed you still have stamina regen bonus.
    And transformation is good for doing great DPS rush in PVE (perfect for killing WB), but it's not really good for PvP as everyone in Cyrodiil uses blocking tactic (and block works while feared).

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    When you are not transformed you still have stamina regen bonus.
    And transformation is good for doing great DPS rush in PVE (perfect for killing WB), but it's not really good for PvP as everyone in Cyrodiil uses blocking tactic (and block works while feared).

not to mention all the poison injection/venom arrow spam. Poison attacks really bite when you are a werewolf:(
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    Yeah i went werewolf because I noticed the stamina regen works while in human form as well.
    What is the recommended poison resistance stack to help counter that poison debuff?
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB is very viable if not the most viable class for Stamina.
    I'm a stamina NB myself I built mine for pvp with 2h and bow.
    I'm not sure getting WW/Vamp is good for pvp many report that Fighters guild passives don't work on WW while on human form although this never been tested recently, some people from my guild started saying they do work and in pvp players hit them harder while in human form with slayer passive.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Father wrote: »
    I'm a stamina NB myself I built mine for pvp with 2h and bow.
    I'm not sure getting WW/Vamp is good for pvp many report that Fighters guild passives don't work on WW while on human form although this never been tested recently, some people from my guild started saying they do work and in pvp players hit them harder while in human form with slayer passive.

WW does not seem to work in PvP due to:

poison injection/venom arrow spam

block casting

works great in PvE though
    Edited by Cody on January 24, 2015 12:46AM
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

block casting

What does block casting matter? I mean, that's difficult to work around no matter what class/build/etc you are. In fact, it seems to me that WW is a good counter to blocking since it has easy access to fear, the only CC that goes through a block, assuming whoever you're fighting against doesn't realize they can continue to block after being feared. But even then it could still be useful for eating through someone's stamina, the thing they need to be able to continue blocking, because they're likely to break out of a fear or you can keep barraging them with light attacks while they're feared without worrying about them attacking back.

The only downside I really see is poison.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a free stam regen with no downside. In pvp while in humioid form none of the fighters guild abilities work on you. Why wouldn't anyone who is a non camp not use this?
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a free stam regen with no downside. In pvp while in humioid form none of the fighters guild abilities work on you. Why wouldn't anyone who is a non camp not use this?

Is this accurate? I have heard conflicting things.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this accurate? I have heard conflicting things.

This is accurate.
    Father wrote: »

And this is also accurate.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So while not in WW form, none of the Fighter's Guild abilities work on you... how about poison? Are you still more vulnerable to it?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So while not in WW form, none of the Fighter's Guild abilities work on you... how about poison? Are you still more vulnerable to it?

No, and no.

You have to be transformed to have the increased damage from poison and weakness to Fighter's Guild abilities.

I imagine this might be changed in the future, but at the moment there's 0 drawback to just taking WW for the stam regen bonus and never slotting the Ultimate.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

block casting

What does block casting matter? I mean, that's difficult to work around no matter what class/build/etc you are. In fact, it seems to me that WW is a good counter to blocking since it has easy access to fear, the only CC that goes through a block, assuming whoever you're fighting against doesn't realize they can continue to block after being feared. But even then it could still be useful for eating through someone's stamina, the thing they need to be able to continue blocking, because they're likely to break out of a fear or you can keep barraging them with light attacks while they're feared without worrying about them attacking back.

The only downside I really see is poison.

just try it
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    I like hearing all this. I started out going a NB magicka build and realized I like swinging swords more than spells.
    I do plan on PvPing soon as I am almost level 40, so this is very useful.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭