The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

suggestion: achievement based barbershop and tatoos

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a suggestion to have character stylized haircuts, scars, and tattoos based on unlockable achievements. Drawing on the success of the dye system, this would give different cosmetic changes to folks that complete different tasks in game.

Want a bad ass scar over you eye? Complete the undaunted challenges.
Want a regal haircut? Complete the major story quest lines.
Want a bosmer haircut on your khajiit? Complete all the achievements in greenshade.
Show off you alliance loyalty by sporting a tattoo you got with your alliance, one that might even get more elaborate the higher rank you become!

Edit: Moved to Feedback & Suggestions
Edited by HeroOfNone on January 25, 2015 5:01PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but we need barber first.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whigh comes first, the chicken or the egg? This would be the basis for making the barber =3.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not have another set of stuff based on unrelated junk. A hair cut or style is not something you learn to do with a staff/sword/spell etc.

Now a set of quests that teach hairdressing, hair colouring, & tattooing, is another matter :neutral_face:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Let's not have another set of stuff based on unrelated junk. A hair cut or style is not something you learn to do with a staff/sword/spell etc.

Now a set of quests that teach hairdressing, hair colouring, & tattooing, is another matter :neutral_face:

Not sure what you consider to be unrelated in this suggestion, or if you're just giving some words of warning. Either way, tying the available hairstyles, scars, or tattoos is one way to reward people for running through various quests and areas and gives others a reason to strive for it. No need to teach your character hair dressing though, it's not like you go into a barber shop and need to know how to cut your hair to get a cool look o.O
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice to see this feature, but the main enemy of all this - helmet! I mean, mostly you even don't see your face.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haircuts? Eh.

"You can't have a crew cut until you defeat vet vault of madness".

Tattoos though is interesting. If the tattoos were themed to the achievement of a dungeon then I'm all for it.
    Edited by BBSooner on November 3, 2014 3:02PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We already have Dyes related to Achievements, I think Haircuts and Tattoos being Achievement based is overkill.

Lets just get them to introduce it as a money sink, a way to remove in game cash, maybe Jason Leaveys hair style for 1,000,000 Gold.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have Dyes related to Achievements, I think Haircuts and Tattoos being Achievement based is overkill.

Lets just get them to introduce it as a money sink, a way to remove in game cash, maybe Jason Leaveys hair style for 1,000,000 Gold.

Having a cess to the style would be tied achievement, actually getting the change could be a flat fee (say 1-2k like guild tarbard changes) or an increasing amount based on how often you do it (200 then 1k, then 2 if you do it in the course of 2 days).

Still, no need to make this a total money sink
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice to see this feature, but the main enemy of all this - helmet! I mean, mostly you even don't see your face.

You know that you can turn off your helmet visuals, right?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »

We used to tell someone in an old guild if they turned off their helm you wouldn't get the armor from it. Wonder if that rumor ever spread =3
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »

We used to tell someone in an old guild if they turned off their helm you wouldn't get the armor from it. Wonder if that rumor ever spread =3

What? somebody believed that?? Boy, oh boy, oh boy.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? somebody believed that?? Boy, oh boy, oh boy.

With the amount of rumors about vampires and werewolves in the first few weeks, that shouldn't surprise you =3

Hmm, maybe some hairstyles to go with motifs as well though, something that would fit under a huge helm
  • Uber_Lord
    Uber_Lord
    ✭✭
    We really need a complete character editor. Many people would like to change their VR14 appearance. And please let us change everything (hair, facial details, body, height, skin tone and all that). Every mmo has this but not ESO. Please ZOS :)
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Uber_Lord wrote: »
    We really need a complete character editor. Many people would like to change their VR14 appearance. And please let us change everything (hair, facial details, body, height, skin tone and all that). Every mmo has this but not ESO. Please ZOS :)

I could understand hair and tattoos, things that can be altered or added to. I think I have played enough MMOs, never really seen you allowed to change your core character... except as a cash grab for 20$ in f2p games.

onto the subject at hand, I think it would be cool to unlock them that way. I would think it should be tied into meeting certain people, or becoming their friend (doing a quest for them maybe). That way people understand you learn the hairstyle from that person, not from defeating boss X. I would imagine tattoos can be done the same way.

I don't think they are as unrelated as some people say. Tattoos, you go through life, explore, you get inspiration for a tattoo idea. Hairstyles you walk around, see someone with a hairstyle you like, you then try to get it at the barbers
    Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to Feedback & Suggestions