The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 211 - PatchManifestError_MissingMetafile

AShadow
AShadow
Soul Shriven
Is anyone else getting this error code when trying to run the game? I have tried auto repair but that doesn't work. If anyone has a way to fix this please post. The official message you are given is this (Error 211 - PatchManifestError_MissingMetafile, Missing metafile on the server! An auto repair will be attempted to get around this issue. If this problem continues please contact customer support.) Also I can't run the Game_Consultant without it freezing, almost all the way through on me, and then I'm having to force quit the program on my Mac.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Game Consultant can be finicky, which is a curious fact given that it basically is a shell script. You could run each executed command individually by hand in the terminal and it'd work without a hitch.

Is your game fully patched, can you log in and play?

My guess is that this error is on the side of the CDN, which hosts and distributes the game files, and the launcher's version control makes sure that each local copy (i.e. the client files on your side) is up to date. If the launcher can't get information about the master file versions on the CDN, it can't verify whether the files on the client's side are up to date. Hence the error.

As long as you're able to play, I'd say you can safely ignore the message. Just like the 201 patch manifest error, which also used to creep up from time to time.
  • AShadow
    AShadow
    Soul Shriven
    I was finally able to get the Game Consultant to actually work, just left it running for 2 hours open on my mac. When the program didn't respond just left it on. The only problem I have now is when I log into the game I get Error 102 - DownloadError_InvalidMetafile, unable to load metafile, please contact customer support. This is the only error I'm running into now. I'll attach a screenshot of what it looks like and a copy of the Game Consultant txt. I am running the game on Mac if that helps.
    Edited by AShadow on January 24, 2015 1:25AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From your output.txt file:

| PING |
    PING a1092.d.akamai.net (147.226.5.140): 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

--- a1092.d.akamai.net ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

| PING |
    PING a1213.g1.akamai.net (147.226.5.140): 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

--- a1213.g1.akamai.net ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

It looks like your machine has trouble reaching the CDN (hosted by Akamai). The following traceroute commands show the same. This can be caused by your router/firewall, or by your ISP, or by any other ISP between you and Akamai.

As I said, if the games client's files are up to date and you can play, all is well... until the next patch hits live. Then you won't be able to bring the game up to date. You may want to contact your ISP and tell them about your troubles, maybe they have a solution.