The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dual wield change name of move in next update

Darkonflare15
Darkonflare15
✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the Eso live that talk about the buy 2 play features and the console where they were talking about what you can do in the justice system. I saw that the skills in the DK Dragoninc power and Earthen heart are still the same. I also saw the bow, one hand shield, destruction staff and dual wield skill lines. Most of them still have the same name od skills and passives. Do not know if they change or not since I could not see them but there was a change in the dual wield abilities. They scrap the skill name sparks and now there is a new skill called blade cloak. I wonder what it does. Probably does the same thing but a different animation. What you guys think about it?
Edited by Darkonflare15 on January 23, 2015 8:39AM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does something different. Can't say what though.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does something different. Can't say what though.

I remember Joe Blackburn said something about dual wielding being able to take less damage from aoe. Maybe that is what this ability does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SuEeVYEX4
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if sparks is gone, then so is my current build:(

oh well, I can find something else
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Well that sucks but it may do the same thing and aoe doge skill could be a morph. It sounds a avoiding skill.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well that sucks but it may do the same thing and aoe doge skill could be a morph. It sounds a avoiding skill.

the AOE dodge does sound pretty good I'll admit.

Ill try it in PTs next week and see for myself
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is sparks being replaced anyway?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is sparks being replaced anyway?

Do not know.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparks is being replaced for the same reason that the templar's blinding light (which does basically the same thing) is being replaced. Both abilities have balance issues.

In PvE, the only targets that these abilities work on are weak opponents that you dont really even need the miss chance for. Opponents that you need the extra defense against are all immune to the effect (they werent originally, but the immunity was applied because early on it was found that these abilities made you immortal against certain bosses and strong mobs). In PvP, they're both over the top because they essentialy make you invincible against anyone using melee or projectile attacks.

I was curious if they'd be giving sparks the same treatment that blinding light got, seems I was right. No telling what the new ability will do, but from the name "Blade Cloak" I'd say there are two strong possibilities: it will either be a self buff that does damage to nearby enemies or to attackers, or it will be a self buff that reduces damage taken.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Sparks is being replaced for the same reason that the templar's blinding light (which does basically the same thing) is being replaced. Both abilities have balance issues.

In PvE, the only targets that these abilities work on are weak opponents that you dont really even need the miss chance for. Opponents that you need the extra defense against are all immune to the effect (they werent originally, but the immunity was applied because early on it was found that these abilities made you immortal against certain bosses and strong mobs). In PvP, they're both over the top because they essentialy make you invincible against anyone using melee or projectile attacks.

I was curious if they'd be giving sparks the same treatment that blinding light got, seems I was right. No telling what the new ability will do, but from the name "Blade Cloak" I'd say there are two strong possibilities: it will either be a self buff that does damage to nearby enemies or to attackers, or it will be a self buff that reduces damage taken.

so a stamina based damage shield?

Edited by Cody on January 24, 2015 5:43PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so a stamina based damage shield?

Possibly. We wont really know until the PTS. They changed the templar's blinding light ability (which gave enemies nearby a 50% chance to miss attacks) into a ranged, channeled execute spell, so they could really do anything with sparks at this point. I'm just going off of the name as a best guess.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on January 24, 2015 8:06PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP, they're both over the top because they essentialy make you invincible against anyone using melee or projectile attacks.

As far as i know, sparks only works against melee attacks, not projectile ones.