The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ERROR 102

Eonz
Eonz
Soul Shriven
First time I have ever got this error. Quite sure it is related to the patch on 1/12/15. Doing some searching around it is apparently client-side.

I have done the following:

-Restart Launcher

-Restart Computer + Router

-FlushDNS of router

-Attempt to run repair (get the same error 102)

-Change properties of launcher to run as administrator and then run as administrator.

-Run game consultant and there are zero errors.

I've never had any issues before so I'm just wondering what is going on..

• Reapershadows
    Reapershadows
    Soul Shriven
    i'm having the same problem is there a fix for this.
  • Eonz
    Eonz
    Soul Shriven
    All good now. After a modem reset and computer reboot it is working
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Reapershadows,

Are you continuing to experience this same issue? If so, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AShadow
    AShadow
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having the same problem. I keep getting (Error 102 - DownloadError_InvalidMetafile, unable to load metafile, please contact customer support.) I try to click the install button but then that pops up and when I try and repair it the same error message pops up.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AShadow,

Reinstalling the launcher a opposed to the entire game tends to help in this situation. It's a pretty quick process, and can be completed with the following steps:

•Go to Control Panel and select Programs and Features
    •Select the ESO launcher (Bethesda.net Launcher) and then uninstall it
    •Go to our webpage and download a new copy of the installer.
    •Once the installer is on your computer, Right Click on it and go to "Run As Administrator".
    •Make sure that you check to install the VC++ and DirectX.
    •Once the launcher finishes installing, it should go ahead and update your game.
    •After the update finishes, the game should run.

Let us know if that helps!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AShadow
    AShadow
    Soul Shriven
    Hey ZOS_GaryA I have a mac laptop and you can't run as administrator because you already are the administrator. Also I am on a college campus could that be a problem as well? You can't run and download VC++ and DirectX on a mac.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AShadow,

That could very well be the issue. We're aware that some college campuses prevent connections to external servers, which prevents you from connecting to services such as ESO. Your best bet is to confirm with your IT administration that ports for gaming are open. Here are the specific ports for ESO:

◦TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    ◦TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    Staff Post